Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1809605 - 03/03/21 07:30 AM Re: Margerie... [Re: PerfectHookSet]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
It’s been getting hammered lately.

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
Fishing Info
#1809612 - 03/03/21 09:06 AM Re: Margerie... [Re: PerfectHookSet]
Buck Offline

It does get hammered in the winter but the winter season is short and the open water season has no boats and shore fishing is limited and difficult so the rest of the year there is little pressure.
#1809640 - 03/03/21 12:12 PM Re: Margerie... [Re: PerfectHookSet]
PerfectHookSet Offline

Pond Skipper

Loc: Western
I never knew about all of this hammering in the winter. I guess I'll remember for next ice season.

Shore fishing IS fairly limited especially for the size of the rez.
Hopfully the bucket loads of fish that have been daily removed doesnt have much of a negative effect on the fishing in years to come.
Unless people were always going out from the NF side when we used to go there was rarely anyone there ever on the danbury side.
This was 6 7 maybe 8 years ago so I guess things could have changed.

2019 (last time we fished there) we had decent luck the handful of times we went. Catching quality size LMB.

Yes I was the teen that you remember from the bait shop picture gallary.
https://www.eregulations.com/connecticut
CT Fishing Info: https://portal.ct.gov/DEEP/Fishing/CT-Fishing
Also CHECK out my items for sale
#1810075 - 03/09/21 04:36 PM Re: Margerie... [Re: PerfectHookSet]
Resdog Offline

Loc: Danbury/Bethel
Mike hammered isn’t even the word... lol the five gallon buckets I’ve seen filled with perch, crappie, whites and pickerel. It’s insane, Was going to end my season there tonight myself but my wife had other plans. Next season for sure. If you still have my number hit me up I know Richie does he’s gills me in on all the good tackle sales lol.
#1810118 - 03/10/21 09:24 AM Re: Margerie... [Re: PerfectHookSet]
SWMPYNKE Offline

I drive by almost everyday, sometimes two or three times a day. It's easy to see if anyone is out there and I've never seen any numbers of people fishing it like described. Maybe my eyesight is failing like everything else. Numbers like you are describing will get the place shut down like the water dept. tried a few years age over some political tiff with the state
#1810120 - 03/10/21 09:43 AM Re: Margerie... [Re: PerfectHookSet]
tommy Offline

Loc: Danbury
There were a bunch of guys out a couple of Sundays ago including myself but nobody had buckets full of Whites or Crappies.
A group of people that weren't speaking English had a lot of those little Yellows they were keeping.

Maybe the guys I fish with just don't know how to catch them.
#1810358 - 03/13/21 11:06 PM Re: Margerie... [Re: PerfectHookSet]
SWMPYNKE Offline

Tommy, I highly doubt that, my friend! Marjorie always had tons of stunted yellows and with the size of that body of water and it is big, can you imagine how many five gal. buckets are swimming under the ice??? I would hope that might be diversion from the tons of short stripers being taken out of the Housy!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Active Topics