ctfisherman.com logo
Page 22 of 28 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 27 28 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#928229 - 03/11/08 03:16 PM Re: Paying to use your boat on Candlewood [Re: krich]
bk Offline

Loc: Newtown
Article in the Danbury paper today says that the DEP is opposed to the sticker program.

http://www.newstimes.com/ci_8529965
Fishing Info
#928293 - 03/11/08 06:04 PM Re: Paying to use your boat on Candlewood [Re: bk]
Buck Offline

The DEP position paper non-concurring with the sticker Bill was distributed at the Saturday hearing in New Fairfield and Big Lee and I each have copies and maybe Yamar. Maybe I can scan it and post it on the site though my technical skills in this regard are somewhat lacking.
#928312 - 03/11/08 07:02 PM Re: Paying to use your boat on Candlewood [Re: triton186]
BASSMANinCT Offline

Here are some real facts that are very important, but sadly, TOTALLY missed in this whole discussion:

From the CT State Boaters Guide: http://www.ct.gov/dep/lib/dep/boating/boating_guide/part6_08.pdf

Lattins Cove launch has 100 spaces for parking.
Squantz Pond launch has 100 spaces for parking.
Squantz Pond State Park, separate lake has 25 spaces for parking of boaters.

These 3 areas have a combined boater number of 225 boats. On a daily basis, that is the total number of boats that could publically launch and be out on the water from those areas.

Now, realistically speaking, the lake is 5064 acres in size. 225 boats is not alot of boats compared to residents 6800+ register boats(with the DMV) docked on the lake (in marinas and at shoreline resident docks). That's a 30 to 1 ratio of residents over visitors to the State Launches.

How can anyone in their right minds think that the State Launches are the root of the traffic problem? It is not a fact that these are the boats causing the traffic problems. It is the Resident Traffic!
If you brought a sticker into the equation, it is the residents who will pay for it. If not, the CLA will not get enough income from visitors launching from the State Launches (at 200 a day possible usage?) to make a difference in things on the water.

Even charging a fee to launch would barely do anything. At $10 a day launch fee, would bring in $2000 a day, if maxed out, 7 days a week, $14000 a week max X the season of say 26 weeks or half a year (not realistic though) $364000 a year income from the laucn fees. Would that even be a dent?

That's if you max out the launches every day for 26 weeks of the year. Not gonna happen! It would definately be better than not charging though.

"A bad day of fishing is better than a great day at work!"

BASSMANinCT
My Fishing Pics Here: http://facebook.com/CameraManSWAIZE
#928321 - 03/11/08 07:22 PM Re: Paying to use your boat on Candlewood [Re: BASSMANinCT]
yamar Offline

Here's a scan of the DEP handout:

Edited by yamar (03/11/08 07:29 PM)
#928330 - 03/11/08 07:39 PM Re: Paying to use your boat on Candlewood [Re: yamar]
BASSMANinCT Offline

If I was an authority deciding on this, it is clear from that letter, there really is no need of this. Accidents are down! The current program is working. Seems they need to fund pay increases.

"A bad day of fishing is better than a great day at work!"

BASSMANinCT
My Fishing Pics Here: http://facebook.com/CameraManSWAIZE
#928342 - 03/11/08 08:15 PM Re: Paying to use your boat on Candlewood [Re: BASSMANinCT]
csimone Offline
lastt call before fall

Loc: Danbury CT
I told ya this sticker thing will pretty much never happen.
#928349 - 03/11/08 08:33 PM Re: Paying to use your boat on Candlewood [Re: csimone]
BigLee Offline

Loc: New Milford CT
I will attend tonights meeting also

Have a safe time on the water and may that tight line be pulling back.

A member of Schaghticoke Bassmasters
http://members.tripod.com/~bassmasters_ct/index.html
A member of the TBF. The Bass Federation Tournament Bass Fishing for everyone.
http://www.ct-tbf.com/
#928360 - 03/11/08 09:14 PM Re: Paying to use your boat on Candlewood [Re: BigLee]
Shep Sr. Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Ct.
I'm going as well.

Shep
#928364 - 03/11/08 09:31 PM Re: Paying to use your boat on Candlewood [Re: Shep Sr.]
dannay Offline

what people normally spend on beer and alcohol to consume while operating a boat can easily be spent on a sticker instead...nuff said

I pray that I may live to fish
Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
I then most humbly pray
When in the Lord's great landing net,
And peacefully asleep,
That in his mercy,
I be judged
Big enough to keep.
-Author unknown
#928410 - 03/11/08 11:20 PM Re: Paying to use your boat on Candlewood [Re: dannay]
CAJUN Offline

I don't under f'n stand why these A HOLES think they have the right to determine how much these stickers should be or whether or not there should be stickers for boats on a public lake!!!!!!!!!They don't own the water or the state launches.This sounds like a group of wealthy A HOLES who want to try to keep the "commoners" off their lake.When you buy a house on an f'n lake expect there to be f'n boats on it A HOLES!!!!Hire more DEP officers so this can be done with no prejudice towards any group of boaters or pleasurecraft.These A HOLES act like they run the show down there.The DEP should cut them off at the knees swiftly to make them realize they are not in control of what happens on that lake.Does the new owners of the lake have any say in what happens on the lake??These in the back pocket scumbag politicians who are recieving contributions from these A HOLES down there will try to piggy back this on another bill and try to slide it through without someone realizing it.Its a dam shame we have to hire lobbyists to make sure these elected scumbags don't try to pull a fast one.None of this bull sh-t you wash my hands and I'll wash yours should be going on to try to pass these unfair bills.I don't understand why if there are DEP patrols on the lake why the"CLA-HOLES" thinks that they need to have their own in the pocket prejudice group of power hungry A HOLES there patrolling the lake harrassing bass fisherman at everyones cost?Why don't we start a group of people to drive around the lake only to enforce the laws we seem fit without any sort of power and bill the CLA-HOLES for our time?This is what they are doing.They are assuming power and by nothing being done about it they are getting it. F THEM !!

Edited by CAJUN (03/11/08 11:24 PM)

Have I ever told you I hate the "CLA" !!
Page 22 of 28 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 27 28 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics