ctfisherman.com logo
Page 3 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#658464 - 10/28/05 06:20 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
jimhal Offline

I recently spent time fishing with Elvis in the northwest corner. Not only did we see a couple of Mountain Lions, but Elvis informed me that those preserved alien bodies you guys were referring to are being kept in a barn somewhere in Litchfield County.
Fishing Info
#658465 - 10/28/05 07:35 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
sun Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by alanr:
Rumor of course, but I heard that a cow was found partially consumed by a mountain lion in Woodstock and that it was confirmed by the DEP. I see nothing in the news. Can the DEP comment on this?
Why doesn't somebody follow the CT Freedom of Information law and make a written request to the DEP, or drop a line to the Hartford Courant and ask them to follow up on any "rumor" of a cover up or non-disclosure.
If DEP complicity doesn't exist, then whatever slaughtered the cattle hasn't been officially confirmed and anything is possible, right? A FOI request should at least be able to determine if the case was investigated by the DEP...
#658466 - 10/28/05 07:59 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
EnCon Police Offline

Sun - am I correct in assuming that your implication is that I am lying to or misleading forum members or covering up something?

If so, you are more than welcome to submit a FOI request.
After the research is completed I am sure you will be more than willing to apologize here online considering that you had decided to publicly question my integrity.

Have we had mountain lion sightings? Yes. Were any of them proven to be mountain lions? No. Have they been coyotes, dogs, bobcats, caracals and large house cats? Yes.

I volunteer my time here on the forum. I am not here to mislead the public, cover up or lie to forum members and I resent the implication or insinuation from you that I do. Someone asked me a question, which by the way started out "rumor of course" and I answered it to the best of my knowledge. If you don't like my answer then I'm sorry, but I have the data to back up what I am saying, do you? If there was confirmation of mountain lions in Connecticut I would tell you. I don't care if they are here or not - we have bears, we have moose, we have bobcats, we have coyotes and someday we may have mountain lions and maybe even wolves here.

Are there people in government who may try and mislead the public? Yes - but I'll tell you something pal - there is nothing on this website or anywhere else that is worth me jeopardizing my character or credibility. Maybe you would, but not me.

To everyone else I apologize for the rant, but there are certain things that I will not tolerate and this is one of them.
#658467 - 10/28/05 08:32 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
SEADOG2 Offline

Understood , especially when you've announced more than once on numerous threads that there just isn't any proof to back up these so called sightings.A "written request" to the DEP seems silly when you've already answered this question many times for us. I myself think it is an honor to have ENCONN on this site answering questions for us .

Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was coming to the mountains to trap and be a mountain man. Acted like they was gut-shot. Says, "son, make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Them mountains is for animals and savages." I said, "Mother Gue, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world." And by God I was right.
#658468 - 10/28/05 09:14 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
c.wetmore Offline

You need not apolggize. You are very clear that there is no confirmed sighting. However I understand your frustration.

BUT, I did see BIGFOOT in my backyard and I have a picture to prove it. I just can't find my camera, I swear it was right by this case of beer when I took the picture.
#658469 - 10/28/05 10:12 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
scooter72 Offline

Loc: Windham,CT
No need to apologize Encon. I thought your answer was clear as day. I'm certain many members, myself included, greatly appreciate your time and help on this site.

You can say anything foolish to a dog, and that dog will still give you a look that says, "WOW!! What a great idea!! I never would have thought of that!!"

Some people are born on third base, then spend the rest of their lives thinking they hit a triple.
#658470 - 10/28/05 11:11 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
wtbza Offline

PLEASE, Lets give Encon the more than due respect they deserve.
anyone not able to provide proof should except this persons response. they are out there in person and have a far more knowledge (person to people in the woods and water / far superior network of available information)than any other local.
#658471 - 10/29/05 09:33 AM Re: Mountain Lion?
BDF61 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by EnCon Police:

I volunteer my time here on the forum. I am not here to mislead the public, cover up or lie to forum members To everyone else I apologize for the rant
Encon your time, effort and info are greatly appreciated. No need to apolgize. For what you provide this site with, we should have been defending your integrity.

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that!
#658472 - 10/29/05 11:54 AM Re: Mountain Lion?
Bob G Offline

Loc: i fell off the rails
 Quote:
Originally posted by EnCon Police:

I volunteer my time here on the forum. I am not here to mislead the public, cover up or lie to forum members and I resent the implication or insinuation from you that I do.
Skip, a simple fix of tin-foil and saran wrap is all that's needed. \:D

You should not have to defend anything regarding your integrety here. You have provided the site w/a wealth of information that was unheard of before. Thank You.

Oh BTW, Elvis says "hi". \:D

Nothing is finer than being in South Carolina
#658473 - 10/29/05 02:45 PM Re: Mountain Lion?
littlemike Offline

Encon your time, effort and info are greatly appreciated. No need to apolgize. For what you provide this site with, we should have been defending your integrity.
 Quote:
i agree with this quote.Econ has been a big plus to this site and they have gone out of there way to help members and collect info for any ??? asked.i thank you Econ .i now see why people get booted from websites ;\)
Page 3 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics