ctfisherman.com logo
Page 5 of 53 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 52 53 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#69146 - 05/25/04 02:51 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

BTW....when I do catch my LMB over 7# I will measure the length and girth, take a pic, weigh it on the scale I have and release it for another day also. I'll release it like the last one I caught! ;\) There is no need to keep/kill LMB of any size unless it is needed to control the population and stunting. Plenty of other better eating panfish out there...and even better yet saltwater species for the table.
Fishing Info
#69147 - 05/25/04 03:19 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Mitch P. Offline

Don,

When you wake up out of your dream of bassin’ glory, let me know.

As for stakes if you don’t get the fish, I’m not requiring it. Catch a 7-lber, and I’ll send you $50. \:D

However, if you’re really confident about this fish, and want to have something to lose. How about a day on the water on your boat -- but you can’t touch a rod, only the net. \:D
#69148 - 05/25/04 03:29 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

....may as well rip my heart and soul... :rolleyes: (if I had had either) out right now Mitch.....NO DEAL!!!!!! :p \:D

Fishing trip on my boat Mitch? I didn't even know you fished!!!!!!! :p \:D

I have told the BIG LMB story of the one I caught at Rogers Lake a couple times before and it is still somewhere on this site. It was HUGE!!!!!!!! and a pic was taken...unfortunately it was by a co-workers camera and he was transferred to Turkey right after the trip and not having that pic has haunted me ever since.

No biggee though.....I'll just run over to Rogers and catch another bait... :rolleyes: er... :rolleyes: ah....I mean FRESHWATER MONSTER TROPHY FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p
#69149 - 05/25/04 03:33 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
BassSlayer Offline

These conversations are great. I've heard from DEP guys who do the electroshocking that we fisherman haven't even scratched the surface of the size fish that are out there. I don't think that means our baits are going passed the nose of a meat-slab bubba sized LM every other cast, but that means they are out there. I've never seen one over 6-11 in person, but have heard of mid-7's and low-8's. I think the pond/small private lake theory holds the most truth to getting a 9+ lber. I don't think the state record will ever be broken. A fish would have to be almost 13 lbs to break that - I just don't see it happening - although it would be great. Personally I like Moodus for big bass, but anything over 6 in there is rare these days. Congamond holds hawgs as well and has the deep water and forage to support lunkers.

B.A.W.S. - Bust A Wayne Sag
www.bawsfishing.com
#69150 - 05/25/04 03:37 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
RayZCT Offline

Loc: Glastonbury, CT
Now Huskybass, about that new smallmouth rod, did you want to start out with a St. Croix Legend Elite blank with Fuji Titanium guides?

Z-Man Custom Fishing Rods
#69151 - 05/25/04 03:38 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Mitch P. Offline

Transferred to Turkey? :rolleyes: You’re really stretching it now.

I await your evidence. Bet ends before ice-fishing season.
#69152 - 05/25/04 03:42 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have I told you about the one I caught "...in the Niagara Falls Area" .....(source movie The Breakfast Club) \:D

Stay tuned Mitch! Glad to see you at least TALKING fishing! :rolleyes: :p \:D
#69153 - 05/25/04 03:45 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

RayZ.....make the rod however you want.....as long as it says "Don P Master Largemouth Bass Fisherman" in the wrappings!!!!!!!!! \:\) ....and don't use any materials that won't hold up to saltwater....I could use a nice sabiki biatfish rod!

(just for clarification....that was largemouth bass....not loudmouth) ;\) \:D
#69154 - 05/25/04 03:53 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Mitch P. Offline

I see you’re back – posting in full force. God help us all.

As I’ve followed your quest for the elusive 50-incher over the years, I’ve actually routed for you.

But this quest for the 7-lber. is something else. I almost feel sorry for you as you set yourself for a sure loss. If you need a shoulder to cry on, perhaps you and Zach can get together.
#69156 - 05/25/04 04:17 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Jighead Online   content

I love re-re-opening day

All this talk of Giant Largemouths is like a motivational speech - I gotta fish a little harder and work some better water.

Question for the scooba crew - Doesn't everything just look bigger through the mask?

I was a kid snorkeling in Buzzards Bay and came accross a fluke that looked pretty big, then I swam a little farther and found a Budweiser can that was the size of a wastepaper basket. It took the wind right out of my fluke story. \:D

....If we have any say... Vote for May

Page 5 of 53 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 52 53 >

Moderator:  Editors, FindBass, Jess Caraballo 

Active Topics