ctfisherman.com logo
Page 3 of 53 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 52 53 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#69126 - 05/24/04 10:32 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

\:D ...you freshwater guys have thin skin on this topic I guess! \:D ...."blasphemy" :rolleyes: \:D

So what do I have to "pay up" IF I don't get a 7#+ LMB on a cewrtified scale this season????????

Granted I would spend very little time pursuing this LMB since SALT IS WHERE IT'S AT!!!!!!.....but this could be interesting.....hell I've used 7#+ fish for BAIT in the salt! :p \:D \

If you guys just spent less time TALKING about these "elusive/sacred/prized" 7#+ LMB and more time trying to CATCH them then you would have NO PROBLEM too! \:\)
Fishing Info
#69127 - 05/24/04 10:41 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Huskybass Offline

Don,

The wager I propose is a custom rod built by RayZ. You get a largemouth over 7 on a certified scale with accompanying photos, you win, you fall short, I win. Very simple. The bottom line is that many large bass are reported as 7, 8, and 9 pounders when in reality they are more like 4.5 to 6 pounds. Getting a 7 pound bass in CT is tougher than you realize, trust me on this.

Do we have a deal?

Huskybass

Huskybass

Got Peacocks?
#69128 - 05/24/04 10:43 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hell I got nothing to lose here and it shouldn't be a problem since I plan to fish Rogers at least once this season! :p \:D

DEAL!!!!!!!!!
#69129 - 05/24/04 10:43 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Jighead Offline

I love re-re-opening day

Can I get in on that crisp $50 ???

Just kidding - \:D 7's are tough. I've got 3 but it took 20 years to do it and countless hours on the water. (One at dusk, one at dawn and one at 3am - that will help narrow it down ;\)

8's are rare and after the spawn, that 8 will become a 7 again when it looses a pound. It can take them all summer to put it back on.

I think Old Age - stops most CT bass from reaching past 8lbs. They're probably like a 1 in 5000 proposition. Is there a 10 out there somewhere - it's certainly possible. It's likely a 1 in 20,000 fish that is no longer producing eggs and lives a totally different, solitary life, feeding on stupid hachery trout that swim right up to it to have a look and get sucked in that giant hoover of a mouth. It's going to take a lot of luck to get that one bite, then a lot of skill to land it. She'll be a true tackle tester for sure and will know how to head for trouble to snap you off.

I'm looking for an 8 - If I can get past that mark, I'll look for another 8 - I think anything after that is a bonus.

....If we have any say... Vote for May

#69130 - 05/24/04 10:49 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Huskybass Offline

Don,

I wish you well in your quest. I caught a 23" largemouth that was stuffed with eggs 2 weeks ago that was only 6 1/4 pounds at best. If you get one over 7, you will have earned the custom rod. \:\)

If not, I'll have Ray build me a new smallie rod.

Best of luck.

Mike

Huskybass

Got Peacocks?
#69131 - 05/24/04 10:51 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
willywonka56 Offline

I agree Jighead.. not many fish in ct over 8. Ive heard of stories of fish over ten but never seen the proof.

Keep it simple.
#69132 - 05/24/04 11:01 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
bunkerrman Offline

Loc: Waterbury
I've seen decent 7# + LMB swimming in the old state bass hatchery. Someone caught an 8#er there about 6 or 7 years ago. I'm not a bass fisherman, but this little pond has great potential. Bluegills are bigger than your hand with very little runtage. Huge snapping turtles in there too. I'd bet on a 7# er or better coming from there and you can cartop/canoe. Wayne

I fish fresh and salt as well as crab.Streams,rivers,ponds,lakes,bays,oceans.I buy a license so I can keep when I am going to eat it and throw back when I am not.
#69133 - 05/24/04 11:12 PM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I read in a mid 90's Bass Masters that candlewood, and moodus are the two to fish for the big boys. Where is the old state hatchery? I've only been here a year or so, and I'm sill trying to break 3lb on the bass side. Rough state to fish.
#69134 - 05/25/04 12:42 AM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
PaPa Bear Offline

Loc: Buffalo,NY
As Don P said ,he is not a dedicated LMB fisherman but he is one hell of a lucky fisherman.You never know he might get that big one yet.Big bait big fish. He might have to bring over some of his best friends to fish with(eels). \:D
#69135 - 05/25/04 12:51 AM Re: RECORD LARGEMOUTH!!!
Slammerblue527 Offline

I've caught 2 7#ers a 5#er, and an 8.25#er out of a small private pond down the street from my house. Caught 'em on a big husky jerk perch color RAPALA and some on frogs.

Those bigones are very picky!
Page 3 of 53 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 52 53 >

Moderator:  Editors, FindBass, Jess Caraballo 

Active Topics