Page 16 of 31 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30 31 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1249835 - 09/13/10 04:45 PM Re: 9/11Never Forget [Re: CWood Man]
Captbillb Offline

Loc: Grassy Key, Islamorada, Deerfi...
One & All,
The awful memories of 9/11 evokes some very strong personal feelings over the lives lost that day in New York, Washington, and Pennsylvania, as well as those in Iraq and Afghanistan since that time. Many of those individuals I personally knew.
I will never forget the sight of the second plane slamming into the South Tower or watching the collapse of both buildings. We were at war from that moment on, and will remain at war until the ‘extremists’ are dead.
The flag that draped my father's casket (a sacred symbol of his service aboard the BILLFISH in WWII) has been flown on September 11th ever since the attacks took place. I’m confident that he would approve of this display of his flag.
What really upsets me, as stated in previous posts, is the fact that many in the U.S. do not realize that we have been in a state of war since that day in 2001 (and before), and will continue to be until the nefarious goals of those who'd do the citizens of our nation harm are either changed through diplomatic means (good luck) or by eliminating them I prefer the latter as there's no such thing as a 'Moderate' in regards to terrorists or those that would support them.
In regards to ‘tolerance’ towards Islamic building plans in NYC, when Catholic, Protestant, Synagogues, and other religious edifices are allowed to be built within the confines of Mecca, that’s when I’d say it’s acceptable for a mosque to be built within two blocks of ‘Ground Zero.’
Fishing Info
#1249839 - 09/13/10 05:14 PM Re: 9/11Never Forget [Re: Captbillb]
SoundsFishy Offline

Got Milt?

Loc: Bpt CT
There should be no mosque near Ground Zero in New York so long as there are no churches or synagogues in Saudi Arabia . The time for
double standards that allow Islamists to behave aggressively toward us while they demand our weakness and submission is over.

The proposed "Cordoba House" overlooking the World Trade Center site –
where a group of jihadists killed over 3000 Americans and destroyed one of our most famous landmarks - is a test of the timidity,
passivity and historic ignorance of American elites. For example, most of them don’t understand that “Cordoba House” is a deliberately insulting term. It refers to Cordoba , Spain – the capital of Muslim
conquerors who symbolized their victory over the Christian Spaniards by transforming a church there into the world’s third-largest mosque
complex.

Today, some of the Mosque’s backers insist this term is being used to "symbolize interfaith cooperation" when, in fact, every Islamist in
the world recognizes Cordoba as a symbol of Islamic conquest. It is a sign of their contempt for Americans and their confidence in our
historic ignorance that they would deliberately insult us this way.
Those Islamists and their apologists who argue for "religious toleration" are arrogantly dishonest. They ignore the fact that more than 100 mosques already exist in New York City . Meanwhile, there are
no churches or synagogues in all of Saudi Arabia . In fact no Christian or Jew can even enter Mecca . And they lecture us about tolerance.

If the people behind the Cordoba House were serious about religious toleration, they would be imploring the Saudis, as fellow Muslims, to
immediately open up Mecca to all and immediately announce their intention to allow non-Muslim houses of worship in the Kingdom. They
should be asked by the news media if they would be willing to lead such a campaign.

We have not been able to rebuild the World Trade Center in nine years.
Now we are being told a 13 story, $100 million megamosque will be built within a year overlooking the site of the most devastating
surprise attack in American history.

Finally where is the money coming from? The people behind the Cordoba House refuse to reveal all their funding sources.
America is experiencing an Islamist cultural-political offensive designed to undermine and destroy our civilization. Sadly, too many of our elites are the willing apologists for those who would destroy them if they could.

Quoted from my HERO, Newt Gingrich

Edited by SoundsFishy (09/13/10 05:15 PM)

In Bombings, we blame the Bomber. In Drunk Driving deaths we blame the Driver. In Shootings we Blame the Gun ?? wtf
#1349833 - 09/11/11 12:55 PM 102 minutes that changed America
Tmack9200 Offline

Loc: City of Champions...
Anyone watching this? Pretty incredible never seen before footage..

Never Forget....
#1349834 - 09/11/11 01:00 PM 10 years later NEVER FORGET
Frank Offline

Loc: Shelton, CT
I won't, it hit too close to home.

God Bless the victims and their families.

Hopefully they got a little closure with the death of Bin Laden. It won't bring their loved ones back but at least they know he was hunted down.

God Bless America!

Don't give up, don't EVER give up -Jimmy V

Tight Lines!

#1349839 - 09/11/11 01:05 PM Re: 10 years later NEVER FORGET [Re: Frank]
O-BASS Offline

im not too close to the tragedy in that none of my family or friends were hurt or killed. still, listening on the way home this am to the run down of events, i was tearful.

evil comes in many forms. thankfully, good does as well.
#1349848 - 09/11/11 01:50 PM Re: 102 minutes that changed America [Re: Tmack9200]
Trooper_Bri Offline

Loc: Smellington
Nope.

I'm watching THIS

Slow fishing is better than no fishing.
#1349852 - 09/11/11 02:04 PM Re: 102 minutes that changed America [Re: Tmack9200]
swwind Offline

Tmack - yeah man a great documentary. It will re air tonight at 9:00pm.

Never Forget !

""Happy Talk" . . . . . Because it has worked so well thus far"

"It is not necessary to change; survival is not mandatory" - Edward Deming

"Unless we start to focus everything on this, our targets will soon be out of reach" - Greta Thunberg January 2020

"I spent most of my dough on booze, broads and boats and the rest I wasted" - Elmore Leonard.

Team Man Made Climate Change is Real.

"Such change demands on our part a serious and responsible recognition not only of the kind of world we may be leaving to our children, but also to the millions of people living under a system which has overlooked them" - Pope Francis September 2015
#1349853 - 09/11/11 02:27 PM Heres one hardly seen.
Capt. Karl Offline

Loc: Newtown, CT.

Capt. Karl Former SEA\\TOW Candlewood Lake
#1349856 - 09/11/11 02:43 PM Re: Heres one hardly seen. [Re: Capt. Karl]
Tmack9200 Offline

Loc: City of Champions...
Just amazing.... Thanks for sharing...
#1349858 - 09/11/11 02:59 PM Re: Heres one hardly seen. [Re: Capt. Karl]
hookemdude Offline

Loc: West Hartford
Wow. Thanks
Page 16 of 31 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 30 31 >