ctfisherman.com logo
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#762241 - 02/20/07 12:43 PM Re: What was your favorite dish last night
Bob Bradley Offline

I wondered where that leg walked off to.

I've got gas and I've got crabs. You wanna go out?

"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.� - Ronald Reagan

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
Fishing Info
#762242 - 02/20/07 12:45 PM Re: What was your favorite dish last night
PDona Offline

P.Donna at one time

Loc: Southern Ct
Na, Chris, I helped Greg carve that thing up, and Paul D ran to the table with it!! Usually Venison hind quarter is really dry.. This was moist, and awesome!!!

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Hug your mom more ! !

Paul Dona

A "not neat" knot is a knot not needed

><((((º> `•.¸¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

#762243 - 02/20/07 12:56 PM Re: What was your favorite dish last night
Crazy Ivan Offline

Loc: New Milford, and Anywhere Salt...
 Quote:
Originally posted by LargeFry:
Everything on my plate was great. But I have to say Crazy Ivans deep fried pollack & haddock was worth the price of admission alone!!! Wow that was great, now I gotta find out where to find some of those, I don't think they stock the local lake with them. :p
Thanks.....

I used this brand name fish fry, but without the lemon

From this web site:
Louisiana fish fry

I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Judge Smails:

"Its easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worth while is the man that can smile with his shorts too tight in the seat."
#762244 - 02/20/07 01:02 PM Re: What was your favorite dish last night
Bob Bradley Offline

It's a real secret recipe. To make it, you first buy a 3# roast beef and put it in your upstairs refrigerator. Keep the hindquarter in your downstairs fridge. Next send your daughter home with instructions to "put the roast beef in the oven on 325 for about 50 min". She will ignore the 3# roast in the upstairs fridge, go down in the cellar to retrieve the 12# hindquarter, and put that in the oven. Next come home from work, look in the oven, scream, and in a panic, pull it out and put it back in the downstairs fridge. Have leftovers for supper that night.

This seals in the juices real well.

Seriously, here's how I would normally do it:

Cut a dozen or so deep slits in the piece, and slide garlic cloves that have been cut in half deeply into each slit.

Generously salt, fresh ground pepper, garlic powder, and rosemary the outside of the roast.

Place a few pats of butter on the roast.

OPTIONAL:
Cut up several potatoes, carrots, and big chunks of onion and celery, and distribute them around the roast, along with a can of beef broth.

Place roast in the oven at high temp (450 - 475) for about 20 min. (This replaces having your daughter try to cook it the night before.)

Reduce the oven to about 225 and cook for another 3 - 4 hours, or until interior temp reaches about 140 on the thermometer. Remove from oven, cover with foil and a towel or two, and let sit for about 20 - 30 min.

If, as was the case Sat, the roast is done a bit too soon, reduce the oven to about 175 and leave the roast in for another hour to keep it warm.

This was actually the first time I cooked a whole hindquarter, so I may have just gotten lucky. We'll know for sure next year.
Bob

I've got gas and I've got crabs. You wanna go out?

"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.� - Ronald Reagan

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
#762245 - 02/20/07 10:19 PM Re: What was your favorite dish last night
Paul D. Offline

Lifetime Member

Loc: South Central, CT
Hey, I never said all of the hind quater made it to the table :rolleyes: . Guess who made a sandwich out of the last few peices that were picked out from under the vegies that the vultures missed \:D \:D . Jon anounced the main courses and it looked like rabid hyenias on a freash kill \:D \:D . Did get to eat much as they cleaned everything out fast. Next year I nominate myself taste tester before before the serving line starts.
I vote for Chris's chowder too, but everything I tried was fantastic .

Boat Ho in the Know

Team DILLIGAF

#762246 - 02/21/07 01:35 PM Re: What was your favorite dish last night
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

Loc: East Lyme
Rabid hyenias......I never saw 130 people line up so fast, Damn I wish I coulda tasted some of that stuff,...there was nothing left when I got there!, Except Ivans fish,,,mmmmmmmm

NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE,..DESTROYING FISHERMAN AND THEIR FAMILIES SINCE 1978.........
www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM RED NECK CAMPER TOURS
TEAM "NO GUN ZONE" facepalm
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
Bluefin Charters, Clinton Ct. 203-245-7742
www.bluefincharters.com
As if the colassal middle finger hasn't been jammed up our asses far enough, the NMFS and ASMFC carry on with their daily masterpieces of saving species in peril..........We as recreational anglers serve thanks for all the fine "work"sick you do........
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

#762247 - 02/27/07 03:01 PM Re: What was your favorite dish last night
finch9c1 Offline

I'm glad I'm reading this post as I'm having lunch. It looks like everyone enjoys eating it as much as catching it.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  BassnBear 

Active Topics