ctfisherman.com logo
Page 27 of 122 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 121 122 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#787175 - 09/28/06 11:05 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
Chris Offline

Loc: Meriden
Has anyone seen or heard the Zappa Family? I'm a big Zappa fan, but not sure if this is worth the $50 ticket price.

Zappa Plays Zappa - Dweezil and The Zappa Family Trust Present The Music Of Frank Zappa

Sunday, October 29

Chevrolet Theatre (formerly the Oakdale)

Doors: TBD | Show: 7:00 pm

95 South Turnpike Road
Fishing Info
#787176 - 09/28/06 11:25 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
Trooper_Bri Offline

Loc: Smellington
I thought that Steve Vai was going to do some guitar work for Dweezil on this tour ? That alone is worth the price of admission (for me anyway).

Steve has plenty of credits on FZ albums for "stunt guitar" and "impossible guitar parts". And lots of work after FZ.

Any reviews on the previous shows ?? I'm guessing that it's probably going to be pretty good. FZ was another band that played at the Civic Center that i kick myself in the azz for missing. Oh well...

Slow fishing is better than no fishing.
#787177 - 09/29/06 11:00 AM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
SEADOG2 Offline

For 50 bucks I'd go see that show.Special guest appearances include Napoleon Murphy Brock , Terri Bozzio and Steve Vai. Need I say more??

Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was coming to the mountains to trap and be a mountain man. Acted like they was gut-shot. Says, "son, make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Them mountains is for animals and savages." I said, "Mother Gue, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world." And by God I was right.
#787178 - 09/30/06 08:24 AM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
Ltoolmanb Offline

My son won tickets on wplr so I'm going, not looking foreward to the 2 hour drive picking him up at college to go to the concert though.

Lew

fishing has been my best and truest friend for the past 50 years!
#787179 - 09/30/06 08:55 AM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
FuzzyGazz Offline

Chris was right about Alice Cooper, they do a good show. Well he was good when I saw ZZ Top open for him at the NH coliseum. Also Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime II 11/10 Chevrolet Theatre (formerly the Oakdale)

Tight Lines all
#787180 - 10/05/06 12:54 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
Mitch P. Offline

The Maiden show last night was a huge disappointment. They came out and played their entire new album (10 songs), and then threw in only a few older songs to close the show. They left out so many songs people came to hear. Maiden sounded good last night, but their set list was a bunch crap. The recent Judas Priest tour was a much better concert. They blew Maiden away on all fronts -- set list, stage show and energy level.

Nice to hang out with CTF'ers Zach, Chris and friends before the show.
#787181 - 10/05/06 01:24 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
Zach S. Offline

Loc: Pardeeville, WI
yeah- the most enjoyable part of the concert last night was the pre-game "show" in the parking lot \:D hehe - glad to see you were able to get home last night, Mitch! haha

I was dissappointed with the show too- a few new songs- fine. but the whole album? and then play like 4 of their classics? they did sound fine and all, but give your fans what they paid a lot of money to hear

Fishing is way too important to take so seriously...
#787182 - 10/05/06 01:36 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
Chris Offline

Loc: Meriden
I was happy they played their entire new album, but not at the exspense of leaving out all their major hit's. Short show also. I think it ended at 10:00 or so. As I walked through the crowd on the way out. Every conversation you picked pieces up on was about not playing the majors.
A lot of disapointment out there. Not a good sign,if they are hoping to return again. I can't help but wonder if something went on backstage with the promoters or the house.At the end when they made their closing,he had said maybe we will see you again, maybe in New York?
Makes me wonder if the show got cut short and they are never going to return to Hartford???
Regardless of all that, last night brought me back to the 80's. Damm! I had a great time.
Mitch,next time don't forget your concert survival pack
#787183 - 10/05/06 01:56 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
slayer7 Offline

I don't know if any of you saw Maiden on their 2000 'return' tour but they did the same thing then. Played the entire new album (which wasn't even as good as this one) and only sprinkled in some old stuff although I think they played like 2 hours. Also, Rob Halford and Queensryche opened so all in all, it was a killer show. Bruce kept sayin stuff like this wasn't a reunion or retirement tour and that's why they're playing the entire new album. Ok, that's all well and fine but not when the songs aren't better than what they could be playing. Besides, they never did that back in the day either. Bands usually only play 3 or 4 songs off a new record especially if they have a huge catalogue unless it's a concept album. Sounds like I didn't miss anything special...hope Queensryche is better next month...
#787184 - 10/05/06 06:35 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
shellback Offline

How can anyone bitch about Maiden last night? They played thier new stuff not like all the other bands who are living on thier old stuff. If you've ever seen KISS in concert once you've seen them a million times. Most older bands can only play thier old stuff because thier living in the past while maiden is chugging along creating new music. How many times do we have to hear the Trooper or Number of the Beast? When have you heard Hallowed be thy Name in concert? The stage show was great, huge Eddie as a tank commander and then a British soldier. Maiden is god and all the rest just want to follow.

2nd row behind the pit and I caught Nicko McBrain's drum stick, nice
Page 27 of 122 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 121 122 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics