ctfisherman.com logo
Page 4 of 122 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 121 122 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#786945 - 06/19/03 10:48 AM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
Mitch P. Offline

Operation Mindcrime is one of the best metal albums ever. Q-ryche was definitely metal. Now, I don’t know what to call them.
\:\)
Fishing Info
#786946 - 06/19/03 11:17 AM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
RatherGoFishin Offline

I have a hard time saying "Metal" and G n R in the same voice. Good album, but metal??? I would put G n R in the same category with AC/DC who is still rockin!!

What about South of Heaven?? Thought it was a pretty good album. Sacred Riech was a decent metal band as well.

Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
--Henry David Thoreau
#786947 - 06/19/03 11:51 AM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
slacktide Offline

Barstool philosopher

Life of Agony RULED!!
Q.R.= operation mindcrime was a great album
"older" Metallica = changed the face of Music
Slayer,Pantera, the list goes on & on.
They ALL owe something to Black Sabbath, and will readily admit it. All this great music, but now, what is going to fill the void? These bands were great, great musicianship, great song writing.
It just seems those days are long gone in favor of music that should be in a beer commercial.
#786948 - 06/19/03 11:52 AM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
Zach S. Offline

Loc: Pardeeville, WI
 Quote:
Originally posted by Mitch P.:
Operation Mindcrime is one of the best metal albums ever. Q-ryche was definitely metal. Now, I don’t know what to call them.
\:\)
have you guys heard new queensryche already? i didn't hear anything from the new cd yet- but i was hoping that getting chris degarmo back meant going back to their metal sound...

this is a good thread-

top ten metal albums? - that is tough- metal is just one of my fav types of music- so my list would be a little more broad... but i definitely think queensryche belongs on there- although i like the live-crime cd better - my favorite live cd... and of course i would have to add fair warning by VH- although they aren't really "metal"... definitely "master of puppets" and "vulgur display" - "countdown" is not my fav megadeth (although its good!) i would pick something earlier- "rust in peace" maybe... maiden-"number of the beast" would have to be there- my list would be top ten hard rock/metal- because i would have to include ACDC and VH... oh- and would definitely leave rage on there! never liked guns n roses though...

Fishing is way too important to take so seriously...
#786949 - 06/19/03 01:07 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
Mark H Offline

Loc: Essex
Yeah I agree that GNR really isn't metal, I had trouble putting that on the list. AC/DC is defiantly still rocking, I have seen them live many times over the years, always a great show. If I had to add a few more, lets not forget...
Faith no more, the real thing
Blizzard of ozz
Iron maiden Piece of Mind
SOD Speak English or Die

I'm sure I could come up with a top 10 list of "not quite" metal bands as well. \:\)
#786950 - 06/19/03 01:25 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
RatherGoFishin Offline

Hey Mitch, I like to think fitness (weight lifting) and metal go hand in hand. Favorite cd to bench to is Vulgar Display of Power. Start a set just before F-ing Hostile comes on.

Although not a huge fan, a little bit of Limp Bizkit is pretty good to lift to as well.

Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
--Henry David Thoreau
#786951 - 06/19/03 01:48 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
Spicoli Offline

I don't know how you guys can say that GNR isn't metal. I know what you mean about putting them in the same category as AC/DC, because it's not quite as heavy as some of the other ones listed. I'd definitely put my favorite band from the 80s in there, too... Motley Crue. Anyway, since this is about heavy metal, I'll say that you must include Ministry (Psalm 69 and The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste). They absolutely kick ass!

"I'm the master of low expectations." - George W. Bush
#786952 - 06/19/03 01:59 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
RatherGoFishin Offline

I like early Crue. But GNR I think is "heavier" Rock n Roll?

--Henry David Thoreau
#786953 - 06/19/03 02:09 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
Mitch P. Offline

Coming up with a “metal top 10” is a hard task. Everyone’s list will be different, and some influential bands will always be left out. Here’s mine:

1. Black Sabbath – Paranoid
2. Metallica – Master of Puppets
3. AC/DC – Back in Black
4. Judas Priest – British Steel
5. Queensryche – Operation Mindcrime
6. Iron Maiden – Piece of Mind
7. Slayer – Reign in Blood
8. Guns N Roses – Appetite for Destruction
9 Alice in Chains – Dirt
10 Megadeth – Rust in Peace

There’s many other influential bands that come to mind – Anthrax, Pantera, Testament, Motorhead, Dokken, Motely Crue, Exodus, Sepultura, Suicidal Tendencies, Obituary, Deicide, Mercyful Fate, etc., etc., etc. The list goes on. And even thought they’re not metal, I’d have to mention Van Halen and Ramones on my list.
#786954 - 06/19/03 02:21 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
Spicoli Offline

Great call with Alice in Chains! They're one of my all-time favorite bands. I'd also give honorable mention to Prodigy for "Fat of the Land."

"I'm the master of low expectations." - George W. Bush
Page 4 of 122 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 121 122 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics