ctfisherman.com logo
Page 49 of 122 < 1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 121 122 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#975820 - 07/22/08 12:27 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Mitch P.]
Jimbo Offline

Loc: Ridgefield
Iron Maiden's "Live after Death" is playing on MSG tonight @ 8. A classic from 1985. One of my favorites lines "No, you can't play heavy metal with a sythesizer".

Ah, some good memories when I 1st saw that tape on VHS at a party.

Edited by Jimbo (07/22/08 12:28 PM)
Fishing Info
#979871 - 08/03/08 10:27 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Jimbo]
JLMOS Offline

Loc: Meriden,CT.
Here is one everyone should appriciate... (Even though not "Metal", he is still very impressive)

I saw this guy in 1979 at the New Haven Coliseum twice in June, he was the opening act for Ted Nugent & Kansas.

He is one of THE MOST UNDERATED guitarists & probably one of THE BEST EVER!!!

See for yourself>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmcIxzGSxAs

John.

Edited by JLMOS (08/03/08 10:33 PM)

I should've been here yesterday?
I was...
And I didn't catch anything then either!!!

"Cheese has no business being on a turkey sandwich."~ Silas Robertson

"This here not keeping score crap; Ends today! " ~ Frank Barone

"I want to go back
And do it all over
But I can't go back I know" ~ Eddie Money
#983344 - 08/13/08 02:05 AM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: JLMOS]
Mitch P. Offline

Back to the band discussed in the first post on this thread that was started five years ago. I have very low expectations ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metallica%27s_ninth_studio_album

Death Magnetic is the upcoming ninth studio album by American heavy metal band Metallica. It is scheduled for release on September 12, 2008 by Warner Bros. Records.[3] The album will be the band's first to feature current bassist Robert Trujillo, and the first to be produced by Rick Rubin.[4] It will also be their first studio album released through Warner Bros., although they still remain with Warner Music Group, which also owns Elektra Records, the band's previous label. The album will be promoted by the preceding single "The Day That Never Comes", released in August.

Starting on May 12, 2008 (2008-05-12), the future album has been heavily promoted on the specially dedicated website, entitled "Mission Metallica," which features daily updates of exclusive, behind-the-scenes sneak previews with photos and video clips from the studio.[5] On June 14, 2008 (2008-06-14), it revealed the album's official title, and on May 15, 2008 (2008-05-15), Lars Ulrich confirmed that Metallica recorded 11 songs for Death Magnetic, although only 10 will appear on the album due to the constraints of the physical medium.[6] On August 9, at Ozzfest, Metallica performed the song "Cyanide".
#983350 - 08/13/08 02:15 AM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Mitch P.]
mrmooch1 Offline

Loc: Fairfield, CT
So psyched for this album. Rick Rubin has a knack for producing incredible albums, and Metallica needs to bounce back after the St. Anger disaster. It better be good. I think it will be.
#983491 - 08/13/08 02:22 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: mrmooch1]
scooter72 Offline

Loc: Windham,CT
METALLICA!!!!!

You can say anything foolish to a dog, and that dog will still give you a look that says, "WOW!! What a great idea!! I never would have thought of that!!"

Some people are born on third base, then spend the rest of their lives thinking they hit a triple.
#983533 - 08/13/08 03:42 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: scooter72]
Ole Glory Offline

Loc: Litchfield
Back to the band discussed in the first post on this thread that was started five years ago. I have very low expectations ...

My thoughts!
#1 Hire Jason back and can Rob

#2 Get back to the material from the Black album back minus Justice

#3 Don't stay away from doing shows in the U.S. for three plus years.

I heard a new track and thought it sounded good. We will see though.
#983541 - 08/13/08 03:54 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: scooter72]
slacktide Offline

Barstool philosopher

I've already heard the first 2 tracks from this new slab of garbage, will someone please tell Hetfield he's not a crooner???
Guitars were weak, bass is tinny, sounds like a punk album, sans the angst.
Long gone are the days of rich tonallity and thick guitar tone and thunderous drumming that put Metallica on the map.
I heard the new songs for free and I still felt ripped off.
"Kill 'em All" could rival this new found disaster in production quality, which musically has all the edge of the latest Kenny G album.
(I think Ruben was asleep at the wheel on this one, either that or Lars had final say in what is to become "A whole new breed of SUCK")

Fortunately, there were no sharp pencils near by with which to dig my eardrums out with, as this melodically impotent and productionally challenged drivel left me praying to "un-hear" it.

On a positive note, Lars seems to have found his left leg that's been missing for the last 2 discs, which he should use to kick himself in the taint for even contemplating slapping the Metallica brand on this soon to be epic failure of an album.

Cliff Burton will be rolling in his grave.
#984930 - 08/17/08 12:09 AM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Ole Glory]
mrmooch1 Offline

Loc: Fairfield, CT
I want to hear the entire album before saying the have to can Rob. He was incredible with Suicidal, but may have a little to much funk for Metallica. Jury is still out. As for getting back to their roots...ain't gonna happen. Black album was amazingly 16 yrs ago (damn I'm old. I remember driving 30 miles to buy it in Lake George on my vaca). Since then, I think that Load rocked, Re-load sucked, and I can't even comment on St. Anger. I was psyched after hearing the title track, and then pissed after buying the album. Could not have been worse. Only tune off the new one I've heard is Cyanide. Not impressed. Hopefully the rest of the album is a hell of a lot better, or else I think it's time to put a fork in possibly the greatest metal band of all time. At least they announced a tour later this year. Can't wait to see them again! Youtube has videos of the new song from Ozzfest last week, for anyone interested.
#985064 - 08/17/08 02:31 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: mrmooch1]
Joe.G Offline

Not a Metal Band but a great old rock band...Anyone going to see 'The Who' in Ocotber at the Sun..Can't pass up opportunities like this..Never know when it will be over.

It is the mark of an intelligent mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily accepting it.

What you do should speak so loudly that no one can hear what you say."

http://www.stalkerbait.com/

#985088 - 08/17/08 04:06 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread [Re: Joe.G]
csimone Offline
lastt call before fall

Loc: Danbury CT
were getting the band back together.
Last night we jammed. sounds good.
we learned a couple new ones. "Children of a lesser god" by Exodus, and "Before I forget" by Slipknot.
havnt played in about 6 or 7 years. but like my guitarist said
"only thing that changed is Hairlines and waist lines"
feels good to back behind a kit!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 49 of 122 < 1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 121 122 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics