ctfisherman.com logo
Page 8 of 122 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 121 122 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#786985 - 03/09/05 06:34 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
Chris Offline

Loc: Meriden
How many bands can we name that have sold out?
Led Zeppelin (Cadillac) Breaks my heart
Aerosmith( Everthing) Need to go back on drugs.
Bob Seagar ( Chevy trucks)
Eric Clapton (Everthing latly)
How many many more?
Fishing Info
#786986 - 03/09/05 06:48 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
Mitch P. Offline

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with bands prospering from their music ... even years later in a commercial. Why make music if you don’t want people to hear it?

Plus, young people can find out about classic bands when the music continues to be played.

To me, "selling out" is more about producing crap music, like Metallica has done – just so they can say they’ve "changed" or "evolved." I don’t care what they call it, I call it garbage!

It really backfired for Metallica. The poor album sales show that their fans didn’t support their change, so they better get back to the recording studio!
#786987 - 03/09/05 06:54 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
Chris Offline

I don't know Mitch maybe it's an age thing. Back in the day it was all about being against the establisment. Now it's all about the all mighty buck. I don't think Metalica has done anything more than Aerosmith has. They are terrible.
These guy's really need to go back on Booze and other mind altering substances to get their music back on track. But yet Aerosmith is huge. I don't get it?
#786988 - 03/09/05 06:59 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
Mitch P. Offline

I hear you. I'm stuck in the past with most of my music. There is some music from new bands that interests me -- but it doesn't produce the same feeling as many of the older bands mentioned in this thread.
#786989 - 03/09/05 07:11 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
Chris Offline

The problem with music today is not the bands out there it's the music companys with their cookie cutter mentality. Hey that band just sold a million copies. Let's sign any band that sounds just like them. So we can sell a million also.
It's a damm shame. Their are some awesome bands you and I will never hear unless you search underground for it. I feel bad for kid's today. They have no idea of what real talent is. Just the crap music companys and corporate radio want them to hear.
#786990 - 03/09/05 07:25 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
Zach S. Offline

Loc: Pardeeville, WI
I just picked up the Skindred cd off of amazon- I am hoping it is decent because WCCC is really killing me with the 90's renaissance lately- I couldn't stand nirvana when I was in high school- and I hate them just as much now - I would prefer to never hear pearl jam, soundgarden, alice in chains or the stone temple pilots ever again either- there has GOT to be some decent new rock and metal out there somewhere!

Fishing is way too important to take so seriously...
#786991 - 03/09/05 07:32 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
Chris Offline

Zach, Stone Temple Pilots were the real deal. It's just that like I said a post ago the music companys turned out a bunch of bands with the same sound as them. Which in turn dragged them down. All thru the 90's music died. I never thought it would recover and not sure it has?
Two bands I really like now are Green Day and 3 Door's Down. The rest suck. Just cookie cutter crap. Also I don't understand this B.S about Nirvana. They sucked in my mind now and then.
But yet you hear how he was a ledgend.
B.S. If he were still alive he would have been washed up with the Boy Band B.S years ago. Never to be heard from again.
#786992 - 03/09/05 07:33 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
arlow Offline

Loc: Wilbraham Ma
Has anyone here listend to the band Shadows Falls.

If you are a headbanger like me you will like them very much. Very agressive guitar licks and drums.

You can check them out here and sample the sound about halfway down the page. Listen to "act of contrition" to get a good head banging rip.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...=glance&s=music

Slam it home and cross their eyes
#786993 - 03/09/05 07:36 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
Zach S. Offline

Loc: Pardeeville, WI
I picked up the non-point cd last fall actually- it wasn't too bad - I am really needing some new heavier sounds in my cd player though

yeah- I always had respect for Stone Temple Pilots- their sound evolved quite a bit before they quit - but I don't like hearing music that reminds me of high school! haha

Fishing is way too important to take so seriously...
#786994 - 03/09/05 07:48 PM Re: The Heavy Metal Thread
Chris Offline

Have you ever heard of Frank Marino/Mahogany Rush? It's not for everone. Check out his site on the web. You can get a little taste.
Page 8 of 122 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 121 122 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics