ctfisherman.com logo
Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 ... 42 43 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#792410 - 03/16/07 11:49 PM Why do you live in CT???
Dusty Offline

GAMETIME!!!

Loc: Ellington
I have been asking myself this since I began hearing all of the issues residents of CT have with the elected leaders, DEP, taxes, etc.

People here have made it prefectly clear that they do not trust ANY official (even though you elected them). The taxes are through the roof, add that to the cost of living being what it is and it is darn near financially crippling. I know PLENTY of people have moved away and said they cant believe the difference in the $$ living outside the state, including members bluefox and lancraftbass. I know several others that are actively looking to move out of the state due to said issues.

It is clearly eveident that no matter what the DEP says that not one word of it means anything to most people. I haven't been here long enough to warrant these feelings for myself. I know a large number of the DEP employees including many of the higher-ups and have nothing but the utmost respect for them. Most people feel the same, every DEP/CO they know they become friends with.

So why is there such a disconnect??? People post on a thread about how corrupt the dep is but at the same time are good friends with DEP employees.

So my question to you: If you hate the taxes, politicians, dep, cost of living, gas prices, etc...why are you still here???? I havent been here long enough to be fully introduced to everything that occurs...so please inform me \:\)

Team Daiwaimano
Team too many broken rods to count
Team bluefish lawn ornament
Team "oh shiit we are out of gas"

Cell: 607 206 0324
Fishing Info
#792412 - 03/17/07 12:16 AM Re: Why do you live in CT???
Reno Offline

What a long strange trip...

Loc: Shakedown Street
I hate living in CT it is so freakin expensive! My wife and I had a long talk before we got married and she didn't want to leave her family. Her whole family is here except for distant relatives who live in Portugal! She is full blooded Portuguese! They are so tight as a family it's unbelievable. My family is extremely small and spread out so I never had that. They would do anything for their family so we decided to stay! I can count on them for anything! That's the only reason I'm still here! She says someday we might move because she knows CT. takes almost everything you make!

Tight Lines:
Scott

Harbinger of impending piscatorial doom
---------------------------------------------
WHEN THE FLOAT DROPS THE BULL SH*T STOPS!!!!
---------------------------------------------
"The charm of fishing is that it is the
pursuit of what is elusive but attainable,
a perpetual series of occasions for hope."

-- John Buchan
-----------------------------------------------

#792413 - 03/17/07 12:19 AM Re: Why do you live in CT???
OHMYGOD Offline

Loc: Suffield Ct
I was born here in this Great State,
But they'll bury South of here somewhere warmer and cheaper.
I'm gonna sell all my asset's buy some land on a lake or near a lake, river, pond.
Feed the Birds, ride the Quads, and Go Fishing!
This State is out of control, taxes, cost of
living, I can't imagin how anyone can surrive in this state working a minimum wage

WAVEWALK DEMO AGENT:
Send me a message if you want to try the W500,W700 and soon the S4.

You can take what you want from life......As long as you give a little Back.
"We never get over the fishing fever, it's a delightful disease and thank the lord there is no cure".
"CTF, is a lure I can not afford to NOT have in my pocket"

Don’t argue with Idiots.. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Our freedoms are being choked, big brother's grip is getting tighter.

http://wavewalk.com/Connecticut_Fishing_Kayak_Review_22.html

#792414 - 03/17/07 12:22 AM Re: Why do you live in CT???
ScubaSteve Offline
If it ain't broke, you're not trying!

Loc: Plainville, CT
NE is the BioTech capitol of the world. So, I went where the jobs were. I live in CT, instead of MA or NY, because this is central to the majority of my company's customers for this region. This place has its positives and negatives. As long as the positives outweigh the negatives, I'll stay.

Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
#792415 - 03/17/07 12:24 AM Re: Why do you live in CT???
Johnny Tep Offline

You get what you pay for... that applies to almost everything. CT takes a lot from us but it also gives back a lot.

#792416 - 03/17/07 12:25 AM Re: Why do you live in CT???
flyslinger1 Offline

I stay by way of marriage, If my wife would leave, I'd go in a heartbeat. Italians are pretty tight as far as family goes & as much as she's broken away in the last 13 yrs. there's still a lot of work to do. By then my kids will have stronger ties here & not want to leave.

Dan

Theres always time to do it right, and never time to do it twice!!!
#792417 - 03/17/07 12:27 AM Re: Why do you live in CT???
Big Beave Offline

once the inlaws are gone so are we i want out of this state so bad
#792418 - 03/17/07 12:30 AM Re: Why do you live in CT???
X-Rated Offline

Loc: Clinton,CT
Wifes family is to large, to many nieces and nephews, she wont leave. If that wasn't the case we would have been gone by now. I would love to join some of my family down in Sarasota, but I guess I will have to wait until I'm dead.

***TEAM BARONIE***

Team Brady is a Homo

Yearly BJ's recieved totals:
2014: 68
2013: 196
2012: 178
2011: 156
2010: 202
2009: 198
2008: 135

Team "Family Website"
Team CTF Fightclub
Team Chumbucket
PROUD SUPPORTER OF F.A.T.T. FISHERMEN AGAINST TEAM TUESDAY

2005-2008 MMA RECORD 16-3

www.Gay_Colored_Crocs_Get_U_Nowhere.com
#792419 - 03/17/07 12:35 AM Re: Why do you live in CT???
Squeegeeking Offline
It is What It Is

number one for me is my son lives here and i wont leave him for anything ..id rather go broke and be near him..
my g/f is from this area

Nor'East Detailing....Boat,R.V and Auto detailing
The SqueegeeKing....Residential and low rise commercial window cleaning
#792420 - 03/17/07 12:48 AM Re: Why do you live in CT???
Johnny Tep Offline

Damn, family ties holding everyone in CT?!! lol

Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 ... 42 43 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics