ctfisherman.com logo
Page 36 of 43 < 1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 42 43 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1735786 - 02/09/18 07:34 AM Re: What’s with the anti-Connecticut sentiment? [Re: Mitch P.]
MikeDero Offline

Good things come to those who bait

Loc: Plainville CT
Originally Posted By: Mitch P.
Originally Posted By: Jamobi

Lol, that's funny. Thanks Mitch, I didn't even know the other thread existed.

This thread was started by Dusty back in 2007, who has since made it out of CT. Where did he go? The vacation hotspot ... Nebraska.

Seriously though, good for Dusty. He went from stocking shelves at the Hartford Cabelas biggrin ... all the way to corporate.

Wonder how he is doing since they are closing corporate as Bas pro bought them out. I hope he landed ok
Fishing Info
#1735793 - 02/09/18 07:45 AM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: Dusty]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
i am mainly here because of my family. I can land a Sales Manager job at another Porsche dealer or even at a pre-owned store. No way I am staying in CT after my parents pass away.

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
#1735794 - 02/09/18 07:56 AM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: Dusty]
Don P Offline

Loc: CLINTON, CT

SYLVIA kiss smokin kiss

#1735797 - 02/09/18 08:00 AM Re: What’s with the anti-Connecticut sentiment? [Re: Dusty]
MikeDero Offline

I have lived in 4 states Utah, Cali, Florida and CT.
Ranked from best to worst is
1 Utah
2 Florida
3 Cali
4 CT
Utah is just beautiful Mountains, Trout fishing, Hunting, Crime very very low. Cost of living really good only thing keeping it so close to Florida is housing.
Florida Fishing, Hunting, Fishing, Fishing. After Fishing in Florida, I find it very Disheartening to fish in CT like its not even worth the effort. At any given time in Florida I can catch a 2-pound Mangrove Snapper (IMHO better eating fish then anything in CT) to a 400 pound bull shark in the same outing without needing a boat. I have had 10 plus different types of fish days using the same bait or lure. NO SNOW, Love the heat. the Salt water was so nice fishing I never even went freshwater fishing. I will be moving back there in a few years.

Cali- The weather, tons of things to do, Fishing is awesome, I was in my 20’s so Taxes wasn’t a big thing but now it would be.

CT- Born, Raised Grew up here in my 44 Years of life I have lived in CT 38 of those years. I honestly think compared to the above states CT has nothing for me anymore. Only here to work save up cash and get the hell out. Taxes suck, fishing compared to the other states is a joke I haven’t even gotten my CT license yet and not sure I will. Most likely just do charters while I am here. Housing is nuts the politics is insane here. They are coming out with a $5.00 Trout stamp, and now when you go to register a car they will add $10.00 so that a few state parks get staffed. On that list of state parks, I haven’t gone to one in 15 years or more. I personally don’t think it’s fair I pay for someone to use the park, I think until the state learns to manage a budget and the people elect the people who can let them deal with it the way it is. Also, just heard that they are diverting millions of dollars from the parks pass to the general fund now. So there goes that well thought of way to make the people pay.

I would be still in Florida if my GF and I didn’t break up. I learned my lesson the hard way and now each day I dream of sun and catch have fun.
#1735798 - 02/09/18 08:01 AM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: Don P]
MikeDero Offline

Originally Posted By: Don P

SYLVIA kiss smokin kiss

LMFAO
#1735800 - 02/09/18 08:04 AM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: Dusty]
Don P Offline

Nothing holds me to stay in CT now that I attained CTFisherman MOY. I hit my peak in this state....time to conquer another...

#1735803 - 02/09/18 08:50 AM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: Dusty]
OldSchool Offline

Don, a good jeweler could mount that trophy on a tasteful, modest, gold pinky ring so you could simply wear it instead of toting it around everywhere.

I've read the Bible...Jesus wins.
#1735807 - 02/09/18 09:10 AM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: Dusty]
The Fish Man Offline

Loc: CT
Bye Bye Don! And I don't mean from the state!

Behold the fisherman. Mighty are his preparations. He arises early and full of hope. He fishes all day and returns late in the evening, smelling afoul, and the truth is not in him.
#1735810 - 02/09/18 09:15 AM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: OldSchool]
Don P Offline

Originally Posted By: OldSchool
Don, a good jeweler could mount that trophy on a tasteful, modest, gold pinky ring so you could simply wear it instead of toting it around everywhere.

Was thinking more of a Flavor Flav necklace with the trophy vs clock.

#1736156 - 02/14/18 10:52 AM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: Dusty]
Mitch P. Offline

'We've had enough:' Stamford business owners plan anti-tax protest
https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/local/article/We-ve-had-enough-Stamford-business-12610961.php

“I have 15 employees — to operate under these conditions is almost impossible,” he said. “This isn’t about Democrat or Republican. The state keeps crippling us, the working people.”

“We’d like to see protests in every major city in the state, ending up in Hartford,” he said. “Somebody has to tell the state government to stop squeezing us. We’ve had enough.”
Page 36 of 43 < 1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 42 43 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics