ctfisherman.com logo
Page 41 of 43 < 1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1771183 - 08/30/19 01:41 PM Re: Mass Migration Out of CT [Re: Dusty]
O-BASS Offline

The deal Stan got in georgia he detailed in his other post is just ridiculous compared to CT. Hard to excuse living here. CT is AWESOME and really convenient to many things, but holy cow i never really understood until lately how much it costs.
Fishing Info
#1771198 - 08/31/19 06:02 AM Re: Mass Migration Out of CT [Re: Dusty]
SKUNKEDALOT Offline

i did a little math the other day and the savings by moving were significant especially amortized over 10 to 20 years. we are getting screwed in CT. no doubt about it- there is NO effort by Hartford to cut expenses. None.
I have to laugh that the politicians in Hartford city are spouting how well they are improving Hartford-
well if I was handed 500 million, I could sure improve things too.
the level of taxation from the state and local is just not sustainable over long term. the number of houses for sale around my neck of the woods is incredible. 2 or 3 houses on every street for sale.people ARE leaving.

the wife and I debate the moving topic all the time. We stay mainly due to family,familiarity,medical and dental professionals etc.

We ski in the winter and I ice fish. We love the proximity of having the beach and mountains so close -giving lots of options. ct does have a nice climate w/o the threat of hurricanes or other disasters. we have been around the US and it is hard to beat New England weather- even the winters which in CT. are not that bad. Snow country is a plus as 2 hour drive puts you in lots of it.

mainly, we are just plain lazy. it is easier to bitch and moan than to act. BUT We are getting screwed and the move topic continues to be debated. we are starting to have the house prepared for moving.

I am hopeful that some day, the people of this state will wake up and vote them all out. i would not take that bet.

someone asked about rhode- the mill rates are much lower than ct. everything else is expensive bit property taxes are lower in some of the towns we looked at. Same with the cape and even in ct- mill rates along the shore are better than inland with exception of northwestern litchfield county. houses are more expensive though.
#1772775 - 10/02/19 05:34 PM Re: Mass Migration Out of CT [Re: Dusty]
fishy1 Offline

There was an article I read yesterday about the states with the most people leaving. Connecticut was no. 3, behind only Illinois and New Jersey. And with that A-hole governor raising taxes on just about everything, I would guess there will be a lot more folks leaving.
#1772779 - 10/02/19 06:26 PM Re: Mass Migration Out of CT [Re: fishy1]
Paul D. Offline

Lifetime Member

Loc: South Central, CT
Just returned from the Santee Lakes area in SC, a little over an hour from the salt. Definitely keeping it on my short list. Had a brief visit with Blaine just outside of Charlston, the area is booming. Factories, offices , warehouses and sub divisions going up on after the other. Don't wait to long!!!!

Boat Ho in the Know

Team DILLIGAF

#1772785 - 10/02/19 10:00 PM Re: Mass Migration Out of CT [Re: Dusty]
Mycept Offline

I only stay because Paul D is still here
#1772787 - 10/02/19 10:32 PM Re: Mass Migration Out of CT [Re: Dusty]
Don P Offline

Loc: CLINTON, CT
Start packing your bags. laugh
#1772801 - 10/03/19 08:41 AM Re: Mass Migration Out of CT [Re: Dusty]
4ssss Offline

Loc: Waverly Hall, Ga.
Well, after a month here in Ga, we're still unpacking, but I'm not regretting coming down. The initial costs for the move were higher than I thought, but I haven't seen a traffic jam, and every time I go somewhere I say boy, this state is beautiful. I know my blood pressure's gone down, because I seem to feel better and I'm not in any rush. I still haven't gone fishing because I have to wait 3 months to get a lifetime resident Sportsmans license or pay a non resident fee, but deer season will still be going on until mid Jan. when I do. Funny thing about that is I can apply for a concealed carry licence now. People here are very nice, I was concerned at first, but that notion quickly left. Cmon' down y'all, it really is nice.

Edited by 4ssss (10/03/19 08:43 AM)
#1772845 - 10/04/19 07:11 AM Re: Mass Migration Out of CT [Re: 4ssss]
John from Madison CT Offline

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
Congratulations. So many Northeasterners are moving south that the political landscape is changing, These states were diehard conservative for eons, but now are moving Left and the locals are really PO'd.

Originally Posted By: 4ssss
Well, after a month here in Ga, we're still unpacking, but I'm not regretting coming down. The initial costs for the move were higher than I thought, but I haven't seen a traffic jam, and every time I go somewhere I say boy, this state is beautiful. I know my blood pressure's gone down, because I seem to feel better and I'm not in any rush. I still haven't gone fishing because I have to wait 3 months to get a lifetime resident Sportsmans license or pay a non resident fee, but deer season will still be going on until mid Jan. when I do. Funny thing about that is I can apply for a concealed carry licence now. People here are very nice, I was concerned at first, but that notion quickly left. Cmon' down y'all, it really is nice.

#1772989 - 10/07/19 07:51 PM Re: Mass Migration Out of CT [Re: Dusty]
Bob G Offline

Loc: i fell off the rails
I'm pretty happy with SC, obtained property in 2012...took my tax guy 3 years to convince me that I could.

Been a legal resident since 2015

Nothing is finer than being in South Carolina
#1774031 - 10/27/19 03:47 PM Re: Why do you live in CT??? [Re: Dusty]
KWK Offline

Loc: TN
This is one of multiple reasons i no longerRESIDE in ct....Nashville awsome town.Nashville city winerey....10/26

[img]http://www.ctfisherman.com/ubbthreads/pics/
Jackson and proud pop,randy and grits tearing up grn grass.

Edited by KWK (10/27/19 04:23 PM)
Page 41 of 43 < 1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics