ctfisherman.com logo
Page 3 of 43 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 42 43 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#792431 - 03/17/07 11:43 AM Re: Why do you live in CT???
fuzzy2u Offline

I've lived in several different states, been in CT for 15 and firmly believe southeastern CT is one of the best places I've lived. My job brought me here, and if I lose it some day, I'll probably make a career change and figure out how to stay here.

Other places I've lived ...

Minnesota: Great place to grow up and raise a family, nice people, but long, tough winters. Not much cultural diversity. Occasional tornadoes in summer.

Northern California: I love the San Francisco area, but if you thought CT was expensive, try moving to CA. Taxes and the cost of living in CT is cheap compared to CA. The crowding and traffic in the SF Bay area are horrendous. The SF area is one of the most liberal places on the planet. That works for me, but not for many from New England. Earthquakes.

New Jersey: Ugh. Spent two years there and couldn't get out soon enough.

Philadelphia: An extension of New Jersey.

Upstate NY: Another great place to live that reminds me very much of Minnesota. A good place for outdoorsmen if you're into fishing, hunting and skiing. Higher taxes than CT. Saratoga Springs is one of my favorite small cities. No salt water.
Fishing Info
#792432 - 03/17/07 12:00 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
MikeG Offline

Loc: NW CT
Take a map and draw a circle 300 miles around with Hartford being the center.

You have just circled some of the best, most diverse fishing this country has to offer .

Why live anywhere else ;\)
#792433 - 03/17/07 12:12 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
air leak Offline

I'm 50, and I was born and raised here. My wife and I went to the same church and high school growing up. We still live in our hometown.

Why?

Simply stated....because we like it here! \:D
#792434 - 03/17/07 12:22 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
Tmack9200 Offline

Loc: City of Champions...
Tried living down south, hated it... To many snakes and spiders that can kill you, not to mention gators, hurricanes and tornados. It hot and crowded, traffic is ridiculous.... Yes you can get a house down south for less, and taxes are cheeper, but thats only until the area becomes developed then they to will hit you in the wallet... I' comfortable here, I know people, I look forward to the seasons and wouldn't leave NE again ever....
#792435 - 03/17/07 12:35 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
JIM F. Offline

Two things keep me here...my job & my family. Although I agree there is great diversity for outdoor enthusiasts in this neck of the woods, I'd love to live out west (Montana, Colorado, Wyoming) and possibly south at some point in my life.
#792436 - 03/17/07 12:39 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
raindropfx Offline

Loc: Waterford
I was born and raised in the Stonington, CT area. Several years in the Army took me to some great countries overseas. I've also visited many of our great states, but it's always nice to get back home to the ocean I grew up on.
As for all the complaining we do...with all of the places I've been I must say, no one can complain like a New Englander. We do it so well I'm not sure we even realize we're doing it. It's kind of like a sport for us. Asking why we stay in Connecticut is like asking some one after all the years of disappointment, why they're a Red Sox fan? It's just who we are, and I for one love it.
#792437 - 03/17/07 12:42 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
RV6 Offline

Loc: Mystic & Beyond
I think the question has been aptly answered..
The answer comes to my mind, came from a quote made by an old WWII fighter pilot, describing why he liked his P47 instead of that new hot P51 Mustang..

(Living in CT).. It's like being with your girlfriend. You know the good points & bad points. You learn to live with the bad, and use the good to best advantage.

Another old adage that fits goes like this:

"The devil ya' know, is better than the devil ya' don't"
#792438 - 03/17/07 12:53 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
Dusty Offline

GAMETIME!!!

Loc: Ellington
here...I'll answer the question myself:

I came here from NY to go to UCONN to get my masters with the intention of getting my degree and getting on the first bus back to NY when I was done...BUT, I LOVE IT HERE!! Dont get me wrong, upstate NY has my heart and there is no place like home, but i would gladly make this state my permanent home..if I can afford it \:\)

Team Daiwaimano
Team too many broken rods to count
Team bluefish lawn ornament
Team "oh shiit we are out of gas"

Cell: 607 206 0324
#792439 - 03/17/07 12:55 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
wo show Offline

Loc: Orange, CT
Family mostly, but i do like it here. My wife is form Long Island and I would NEVER want to leave there.
#792440 - 03/17/07 01:20 PM Re: Why do you live in CT???
Reno Offline

What a long strange trip...

Loc: Shakedown Street
Dusty,
I have the up most respect for the DEP and it's officers! They do a great job BUT this Caswell Cove situation is extremely unfortunate and disheartening! If you can't "read between the lines" and really see what's happening here than that is a shame! These are wealthy families calling in their "favors" to the politicans and ptb's for contributing to their campaigns and flexing their rich muscles to get what they want! No matter what damage they do to the people or the enviroment! If you think we are just going to stand around and let them ruin our waterways THINK AGAIN

They're pissing on us and telling us it's raining! That's why their response is BS!

Tight Lines:
Scott

Harbinger of impending piscatorial doom
---------------------------------------------
WHEN THE FLOAT DROPS THE BULL SH*T STOPS!!!!
---------------------------------------------
"The charm of fishing is that it is the
pursuit of what is elusive but attainable,
a perpetual series of occasions for hope."

-- John Buchan
-----------------------------------------------

Page 3 of 43 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 42 43 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics