ctfisherman.com logo
Page 7 of 31 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 30 31 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#860579 - 09/11/07 03:03 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: Crazy Ivan]
The Real Iceman Offline

Seems like yesteday. What a horrible Day I will never forget. I was on a flight that day and was scared out of my pants. Suddenly you looked at everyone alittle differently, all conversation stopped and peoples worst fear, was clearly on their minds. My heart bleads for all of those families, not sure if they will ever get past this day.
NEVER FORGET!
Fishing Info
#860602 - 09/11/07 03:53 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: The Real Iceman]
BigLee Offline

Loc: New Milford CT
I remember that day so well The first plane I thought was an accident but when the second plane hit I knew the truth we were under attack.

I had the whole department gather and told them what I knew of the Situation and told them that if any of them felt the need to leave for whatever reason to go ahead. It was so hard to try and get on the web that day all newsstations were pegged to the limit. I finally got more information fromm the BBC network and that was how I kept everyone posted.

I was supposed to go on a flight to Minnesota that week for training which was cancelled. The downward spiral of this event caused the company I work for to downsize. My department which I was groupleader of went from 22 down to 4.

This day should be made a national Holiday, A day of official rememberance. Not for just those that lost their lives on this day but for all responders that try to keep us safe everyday, not knowing if this will be their wrong day to be in the wrong spot . Policemen Firemen Paramedics DEP officers even everyday Joes or Joesephines who are forced to become heroes due to unexpected cicumstances.

Have a safe time on the water and may that tight line be pulling back.

A member of Schaghticoke Bassmasters
http://members.tripod.com/~bassmasters_ct/index.html
A member of the TBF. The Bass Federation Tournament Bass Fishing for everyone.
http://www.ct-tbf.com/
#860605 - 09/11/07 03:57 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: The Real Iceman]
Michael-SW CT Offline

Loc: Bridgeport
Think the government will ever make 9/11 a holiday? And ever wonder where some victims, heroes, and more people of 9/11 could be today? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20607717/

I remember as a kid while growing up, I would look at my clock at night. Whenever I see it saying 9:11pm, I would think that something bad was going to happen. 911 is the number for police, fire, and ambulance.

Why did the terrorists choose that certain date for the attacks?

If bluefish were to grow as big as giant bluefins, then there would be nothing left out there except for blues!

I LOVE MY BLUES!
#860640 - 09/11/07 05:46 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: Michael-SW CT]
BigLee Offline

Loc: New Milford CT
Michael
I read somewhere they chose that date specifically because it was the national emergency number. You have to understand to us these were sick twisted individuals but they thought they were being smart using a day no one would forget.

Have a safe time on the water and may that tight line be pulling back.

A member of Schaghticoke Bassmasters
http://members.tripod.com/~bassmasters_ct/index.html
A member of the TBF. The Bass Federation Tournament Bass Fishing for everyone.
http://www.ct-tbf.com/
#860646 - 09/11/07 05:56 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: BigLee]
jonh Offline

FUBO

September 11 is Patriot Day according to my calendar.

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#860653 - 09/11/07 06:11 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: jonh]
stripermanofsteel Offline
If i'm not here I'm fishing

Loc: Southington, Westbrook (boat
i remember exactly where i was...on a roof in bridgeport, we got the news of the first strike, then when taking break, we saw footage of the second one (at which time a co-worker and former marine said "well, bin laden finally got us.") at 10:30 we watched ambulances staging right near the i-95 south on-ramp to go to see if they could be of assistance

it took me until 5 pm that night to actually see the towers fall, my wife had already become desensitized to the footage, and was amazed at the emotional reaction it brought to me seeing the footage for the first time, when she was seeing it for the 50th time.

i will never forget any of what happened
i will never forget those who we lost
i will never forget the way a nation that was so divided came together
and politically i will never forget what a mess that these events got us into
#860715 - 09/11/07 08:37 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: stripermanofsteel]
JoshB Offline

Loc: Rocky Hill
I cant beleive it was 6 years ago.....it seemed like yesterday. We had a moment of silence today at 8:46. You wouldn't beleive how kind people were to each other to day...

Bell Boat Detailing Services, LLC
(860)299-3338

Fishin Factory 3
238 East Main St, Middletown, CT
860-344-9139
www.FishinFactory3.com
Instagram @fishinfactory3

Bluefin Charters
Captain Mike Marro
http://www.bluefincharters.com/ctfishingboat.html
Instagram @bluefinsportfishing
#860722 - 09/11/07 08:54 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: JoshB]
Mitch P. Offline

I worked for a TV network at the time and watched it from the start on the TVs around the office. Then, I went over to a buddy's apartment to see the final horrible outcome. I'll never forget thinking how many people were dying at that very moment. In the weeks following the event, it really put life in perspective. Some things just weren't important any more. I've tried to live like that since then.

I heard a woman on the radio today who lost a daughter in the towers. She said today was the last remembrance ceremony she was going to. She said it just gets worse every year for her, and she can't do it any more. Some people have slipped back into a comfort zone, but for many, life has changed forever.

There is still an enemy out there, both abroad and right here at home. I often wonder if we will defeat them in our lifetime. I think we will if we remember this: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
#860750 - 09/11/07 09:55 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: Mitch P.]
SouthBound Offline

Loc: Glastonbury,Ct
I am a member of the vernon volenteer fire department. A couple weeks ago we where watching a movie called brother hood. It wa created one year after 9/11/01. Its worth finding and watching. Blanie thats one scary video. Man thats is crazy. It make my skin crawl.
#860847 - 09/12/07 01:06 AM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: SouthBound]
Michael-SW CT Offline

Loc: Bridgeport
That's what I've always thought since that day Lee.

Striperman, where abouts in Bridgeport were you to easilly see the ambulances?

If bluefish were to grow as big as giant bluefins, then there would be nothing left out there except for blues!

I LOVE MY BLUES!
Page 7 of 31 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 30 31 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics