ctfisherman.com logo
Page 29 of 31 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1795333 - 09/10/20 04:14 PM Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! [Re: Don P]
OldSchool Offline

You twist words well Obass......folk can clearly see what I wrote.

We are still one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

I've read the Bible...Jesus wins.
Fishing Info
#1795337 - 09/10/20 05:06 PM Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! [Re: Don P]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
They did what they did because they hate Americans and are terrorists! also Islam doesn't teach terrorism, The Taliban does. Religion is healing, soothing and comforting for millions of people in this country and helped many through 911, even if you think it is BS. No need to kill everyone's beliefs because your an ashiest. Don throws up something to be pissed and remember and you automatically turn it into a religious beef.

I was at the Science Museum and watched the second plane slam into the building from Jersey City. One of my good friends lost his father and enlisted in the marines to kill them. Many, many stories and horrors we all went through. Like Don said we should all just remember, be happy we have tightened our boarders and that nothing like that ever happens again, if you believe in god or not.

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
#1795338 - 09/10/20 05:19 PM Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! [Re: Don P]
Capt_Jay Online   content

Team Empty Hook

Loc: Ludlow, MA / Niantic CT
One thing I never talk about amongst friends is politics, and religion.

Everyone is entitled to thier own beliefs, and that should be respected by all.... whether or not you agree...you must agree that people are entitled to believe in what they choose to believe...that's what makes America great. The freedom of choice, and respect by fellow Americans.

I respect both Old Schools and O-Bass beliefs. If everyone can show them same respect we would all be in a better America.

Back to the point of this thread, let us all remember those who passed during this terrible time.

If your religious, pray for them, if your not, please remember them and those who made the ultimate sacrifice to try and save them.

Peace out.

~Jay

Edited by Capt_Jay (09/10/20 05:22 PM)

He who dies with the most toys.......still dies.

USCG Captain - 50 Ton Masters

21' Trophy W/A "Reel Treasures"
#1795362 - 09/10/20 09:43 PM Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! [Re: Don P]
JMike Offline

2 Fish, my condolences to your family and all the 9/11 families. I didn't know anyone personally who died there. But I did learn quite a bit about Chief Palmer and Fire Marshall Buco, both marathon runners with indescribable courage. I can still hear Chief Palmer (from the documentary) communicating with Ladder 15 and reporting conditions to command. Eerie hearing their voices then knowing what followed, even to this day. I never worked at the site but did attend several firefighter funerals in the months to follow. 343 firefighters and around 100 cops died there. Over 800 deaths have been attributed to post 9/11 cancers and illnesses among cops and firefighters.

Don started this thread as a remembrance of 9/11 and all those innocent lives lost. Unfortunately half the thread has turned into an argument over religion which should have gone immediately over to the Politics and Religion section where it belongs.

My heart is with all the families, most still suffering, and I salute the heroism of all those who made the supreme sacrifice that day in their valiant efforts to save whoever they could.
#1795370 - 09/10/20 10:03 PM Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! [Re: Don P]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
Bob my condolences

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
#1795377 - 09/10/20 10:26 PM Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! [Re: Tackleman]
O-BASS Offline

Chris,

Islam explicitly teaches terrorism, in no uncertain terms. I can send you the exact words from the Quaran if youd like. You are mistaken.

The thread is titled " get pissed", not respectfully honor the fallen...otherwise I wouldnt have chimed it. JMike, you missed that.

But like a lot of other things in life, and like most people understandably, few actually do anything or change thier thinking. 911 was a small step towards me not making excuses, not apologizing, and not trying to justify the need for war causing senselessness like this any longer. Years later it would come to a well researched and well reasoned pinnacle.

People attacked this country in the name of a religion- do not try to claim it's something else like hating america. Why do they hate america? Because they must as dictated by thier chosen religion. How do you not get that? Well, I'll tell you why: the moment you call out and denounce the Islamic faith for what it is- a murder crazy war oriented death cult founded by a pedophile- you instantly open the door to exposure of the validity of your own chosen faith. You think you can keep some arguementitive footing by drawing a fictitious line between those who act upon the words of thier faith and those who select just the happy lines and are decent people, but you cannot do so. So you apologise for 3k people dead with the fake justification that it was just a few crazies. WRONG. Read the book. Word for f'n word it's right there!!! Kill the non believers, and here is how to do it!

Stop doing it. All it takes is the balls to respect those who died for no good reason unwillingly,and the folks who willingly and selflessly walked into a collapsing burning skyscraper to try and help them and paid for thier heroism with thier lives. Each and every one of those people were killed by people who were acting specifically in the name of the teachings of a religion.

They KNOW you will make excuses for thier faith just like you did- they were planning on it. The American justice system grows stale and slower each day, and grants the guilty time and tolerance not afforded in other places. Islam relies upon this, knowing if it can turn a mindset and fool enough people into thinking its peaceful then they have an in and they have won the battle. They have watched america do it with christianity already and count on liberal acceptance.

A man who saw it first hand and who's friends father died, just softened, differentiated and made excuses for tolerating the core tenements of the faith that caused all that hurt and death. You are the proof of my point, and they payoff of thier gamble, Chris.

Ask your all powerful all knowing and all controlling God of choice why he allowed the deaths (wait for the OS wiggle and spin on that one , he will tell you humanity reaps what it sows ((in an amazingly coincidental way he is right!)) and God let's us suffer.) When it answers, let me know. Lean on that for comfort.

You think you're pissed about 911, everyone? When you stop kidding yourself about why it happened, do the research and discover yourself what that reason is I promise you few things in this life will anger you more than knowing you have been decieved in the lowest way by your own fellow man.

Edited by O-BASS (09/10/20 10:35 PM)
#1795379 - 09/10/20 10:33 PM Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! [Re: Tackleman]
O-BASS Offline

I wont respect the beliefs of anyone or any group who thinks I should be dead, Jay. Nice words from a guy who routinely helps others here on CTF selflessly, and I've respected from day 1 and I understand what youre saying. But....

Islam wants you and I dead. You can respect thier right to BELIEVE that, right up until the point they ACT upon that belief, I guess.

I'll nip it in the bud, and show the Islamic faith no respect at all right from the start. None. Old School and I agree on this topic sooooo much it's hard to believe, but he has his world at stake if he trips up here.... As soon as he really pulls the rug out on Islam, he knows his faith is next in line. It's a slippery slope. JFM walks it too.

If everyone showed the same respect you did towards the viewpoint of islam this country would be blown sky high 5 times over. Thankfully enough people at the top see Islam for what it really is and keep it in check.

No tolerance for lies, No respect for those who are called to kill us by a belief system. Stop apologizing for lunacy.

Edited by O-BASS (09/10/20 10:45 PM)
#1795380 - 09/10/20 10:49 PM Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! [Re: Tackleman]
O-BASS Offline

I'd encourage all those who would say a meaningless prayer tomorrow to also donate a canned good to a food pantry locally in the name of those we lost. One action measurably makes the world better and honors the fallen simultaneously.

Edited by O-BASS (09/10/20 10:51 PM)
#1795381 - 09/10/20 10:59 PM Re: 9/11 God Bless America [Re: Tackleman]
Mitch P. Offline

Thought it was very interesting to hear Osama Bin Laden's niece weigh-in on things recently:
https://nypost.com/2020/09/05/osama-bin-ladens-niece-says-only-trump-can-prevent-another-9-11/
#1795388 - 09/11/20 06:22 AM Re: 9/11 God Bless America [Re: Tackleman]
Mitch P. Offline

Never forget.
Page 29 of 31 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics