Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#994508 - 09/12/08 03:38 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: Tackleman]
MikeDero Offline

Good things come to those who bait

Loc: Plainville CT
all of our lives changed that day.

I think that allot of us suffered some form of post tramitic stress from this.
Fishing Info
#994510 - 09/12/08 03:41 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: Tackleman]
mattmann7 Offline

Loc: wethersfield ct
What I recall the most was seeing on tv the fireman march blindly into harms way out of duty. The first tower was down and they marched on. I was enroute to my best friends house when the second tower fell. Hes a full time fireman in New Britain. He was so enraged he couldnt watch the tv any more. When I got to his house he was cutting his lawn. I told him about the second tower and all the fireman that were entering it. He knew that he had lost hundreds of brothers. I knew that if he was there he would of been amongst his brothers. No questions asked. Heres a website http://www.voicesofsept11.org its a site started by a victims family to create a living memory to all who were lost. Its aim is to defeat the efforts of tyranny by giving life to the fallen and celebrating their lives and legacy. I watched some of the anniversary coverage yesterday. The most moving was the pentagon dedication when they put a face to the names in the roll call as a navy serviceman rang the bell after each name. Say what you want about George W even if he goes down as a dismal failure he basically stood alone and brought the fight to keep his promise to the fallen. Not forgetting starts at the top. There is still a debt owed.
#994512 - 09/12/08 03:46 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: Tackleman]
dabuck Offline
R.I.P.

Loc: Stratford, CT
 Originally Posted By: Tackleman
I watched the Discovery Channel special last night. All the footage was realtime from a variety of pro and regular people. My wife had to leave the room. I couldn't not watch. I need to see that so I will never allow myself to forget.

God bless all those involved that day.... no one will ever be the same.

That special was incredible - especially all the footage covered caught by "regular" people that was never shown before. I had to walk away a few times myself.

My family and I will never forget that day. I was in a plane on the way to Atlanta for a business trip when the first building was hit. I lost a good friend of mine who worked in the South Tower for Cantor Fitzgerald. Also, I used to work in the South Tower on the 76th floor myself. On top of that my best friend is a NYPD detective who was one of the first responders but luckily survived.

We will never forget.
#994654 - 09/12/08 08:27 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: Mitch P.]
steve z
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Mitch P.

Newsflash for you: Our govt. is not the enemy.

Why do we need the Second Amendment then? It was written so we could all have protection from a tyrannical government.

What if the government came and snatched you up, tossed you into a cell with noaccess to the outside world, and then they tortured you until you told them what you were plotting. Yes you. Mitch P. What if they kicked your door in right now? Or do you believe the government does not make mistakes?

Originally Posted By: arlow
Fight fire with fire. They dont play by the rules so why should we?

Do you honestly believe that? I only ask because you'd really have to be a complete and absolute retard to say something so asinine.

Have you ever read a book? Or gotten some sort of education? Try reading up on American policy in the middle east over the last fourty years. See who started it. They were the ones fighting fire with fire.

Edited by steve z (09/12/08 08:28 PM)
#994657 - 09/12/08 08:35 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: ]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
 Originally Posted By: steve z
I only ask because you'd really have to be a complete and absolute retard to say something so asinine.

Have you ever read a book? Or gotten some sort of education? Try reading up on American policy in the middle east over the last fourty years. See who started it. They were the ones fighting fire with fire.

1ST off Steve why the tirade on Arlow and getting into personal shots?! Second of all I would rather trust our government then theirs, as Mitch stated.

Lastly watch the retard gesture. My brother in-law has Downs so if you are so freakin' politically correct don't be so arrogant in using that term! I take offense to that one! This post started about mourning 911 victims and now everyone wants to make it a sermon of religion and politics. Peoples true colors are coming out on this thread.

"Retard" is a real nice dig Steve. You really manned up to that one!

Edited by CWood Man (09/12/08 08:41 PM)

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
#994662 - 09/12/08 08:52 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: CWood Man]
MikeDero Offline

Good things come to those who bait

Loc: Plainville CT
agreed Cwood time for this to end. Enough is enough
#994665 - 09/12/08 09:06 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: MikeDero]
Mitch P. Offline

A classic example of why politics is off limits. Let's just close this one down. No use arguing over this day. We'll re-open the thread next year just before Sept. 11.
#1129462 - 09/11/09 03:32 AM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: Mitch P.]
Mitch P. Offline

#1129464 - 09/11/09 03:38 AM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: Mitch P.]
Climber Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Never Forget
#1129470 - 09/11/09 06:58 AM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: stripermanofsteel]
SouthBound Offline

Loc: Glastonbury,Ct
I watched a quick glimps of footage of the plane hitting the first tower. Tears still fall. I cant stop but think how can someone do this to another human? Then I get so friggin po I have to turn it off. I will never forget where I was when it all went down.
Page 12 of 31 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 30 31 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics