ctfisherman.com logo
Page 11 of 31 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 30 31 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#994337 - 09/12/08 01:21 AM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: ]
Mitch P. Offline

Originally Posted By: steve z
To tap phones? Torture people? Snatch people from their homes and hold them for YEARS without filing charges or allowing them access to the courts?

War isn't pretty. As you say, s happens.

How are we supposed to defeat the enemy? Be nice? It just doesn't work.

Newsflash for you: Our govt. is not the enemy.
Fishing Info
#994351 - 09/12/08 02:10 AM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: Mitch P.]
arlow Offline

Loc: Wilbraham Ma
 Originally Posted By: Mitch P.
To tap phones? Torture people? Snatch people from their homes and hold them for YEARS without filing charges or allowing them access to the courts?

War isn't pretty. As you say, s happens.

How are we supposed to defeat the enemy? Be nice? It just doesn't work.

Well said Mitch.

Fight fire with fire. They dont play by the rules so why should we? F them! Kill them, Torture them, teach them what terror really means and that we all are not sheep like some some people are.

Too many soft fools today in this country to worried about the rights of people who want to kill us.

Too worried about the inconveninces they have to make in order to catch these killers.

Too worried about calling everyone else traitors because they cannot stomach seeing what needs to be done done nevermind lifting a finger to help.

Slam it home and cross their eyes
#994352 - 09/12/08 02:13 AM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: arlow]
arlow Offline

Loc: Wilbraham Ma

Slam it home and cross their eyes
#994353 - 09/12/08 02:22 AM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: arlow]
thevinman Offline

Loc: Alpharetta, GA
Holy crap, is that O-BASS in that vid!??!?! \:D

-Vinny
My Profile

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." - Jedi Master Yoda

#994354 - 09/12/08 02:43 AM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: Mitch P.]
thevinman Offline

Loc: Alpharetta, GA
 Originally Posted By: Mitch P.

And neither is it our friend. Remember, our government is not this infallible, omniscient, all loving, superior being. It is a collection of people. People with careers and egos. Give people too much power, they will abuse it.

All I'm saying on this point is...be mindful of the dramatic change happening around us. There is a line between securing our safety, and destroying the very liberty we are fighting to protect. Fear is a very powerful tool. Most people will willingly sacrifice their freedom for a sense of security. Especially when they are scared.

Always question authority...

-Vinny
My Profile

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." - Jedi Master Yoda

#994457 - 09/12/08 12:46 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: thevinman]
swwind Offline

I am certainly ashamed to be a member of a site that allows someone to say things that are outright racist.

I too found Old School's post one of the most offensive I have read in 5 years on CTF. I am disappointed that the moderators didn't pull it.

It is an absolute lie intentionally designed to foster hatred against everyone of the Islamic faith. That kind of religious bigotry is a disgrace to the heroes that lost their lives that day and the men and women who fight today side by side with Muslims against terrorism.

There are plenty of blogs where you can post garbage like that, and I am still hopeful that CTF will consider pulling that post.

Edited by swwind (09/12/08 12:48 PM)

""Happy Talk" . . . . . Because it has worked so well thus far"

"It is not necessary to change; survival is not mandatory" - Edward Deming

"Unless we start to focus everything on this, our targets will soon be out of reach" - Greta Thunberg January 2020

"I spent most of my dough on booze, broads and boats and the rest I wasted" - Elmore Leonard.

Team Man Made Climate Change is Real.

"Such change demands on our part a serious and responsible recognition not only of the kind of world we may be leaving to our children, but also to the millions of people living under a system which has overlooked them" - Pope Francis September 2015
#994472 - 09/12/08 01:31 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: swwind]
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

Loc: East Lyme
WELp,...Looks like a free country and freedom of speech prevails. I don't do politics or religion AT ALL, so I'll stay out of it,all I can say is Rest In Peace Josh Piver. and the rest of those who died 7 years ago. I was playing in the Ct Section PGA Championships that day and missed most of the TV coverage, I watched Yesterday the real time broadcast again.....Simply incredible and kinda disturbing to listen to those two jackasses Katie and Matt, be so unfeeling and unsenstive like a couple of Robots..Maybe it was the shock of everything, but I would've thought they'd have SOME emotion...
Ahh whatever.............

NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE,..DESTROYING FISHERMAN AND THEIR FAMILIES SINCE 1978.........
www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM RED NECK CAMPER TOURS
TEAM "NO GUN ZONE" facepalm
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
Bluefin Charters, Clinton Ct. 203-245-7742
www.bluefincharters.com
As if the colassal middle finger hasn't been jammed up our asses far enough, the NMFS and ASMFC carry on with their daily masterpieces of saving species in peril..........We as recreational anglers serve thanks for all the fine "work"sick you do........
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

#994474 - 09/12/08 01:38 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: swwind]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
Shock could be it Chris- I had to drive hme from the City that day and go into PA because everything was shut down. I saw the buildings go down live in person and was in shock. While traveling in PA I stopped to golf, buy fireworks and ate lunch like nothing had happened. The next day I broke down for 15 minutes and cried like a baby!

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
#994487 - 09/12/08 02:31 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: CWood Man]
MikeDero Offline

Good things come to those who bait

Loc: Plainville CT
That day as hell period. I got into a accident because I was freaking out with all the false reports and was worried about my kids. then I go to New york to see if I can help in any way. Well I stayed for a week working with Red Cross handing out water, wiping faces of the men working and handing out food.
I never even told my work I was going to be out and not only where they ok but they paid me for the time being off. Also the Garage that towed my car fixed it for free. he asked what took me so long on checking the car and I told him. The poor guy felt so bad he stated to cry and told me that he will fix the car for free and for the first time in my life I hugged a grown.

Even thinnking about it right now it twists and turns my insides. The worse thing we can do as Americans is forget this day. I understand moving on but WE as a NATION need to honor the heros and victums and our men and women over seas making sure that this does not happen.

I was never a revenge minded person but with this I hope they die a slow death (all the people invloved with this) pretty much they need to be treated the same as Nazi's and hunt them down even 50 years later.
#994501 - 09/12/08 03:07 PM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: swwind]
Tackleman Offline

Loc: Suffield/Niantic, CT
I watched the Discovery Channel special last night. All the footage was realtime from a variety of pro and regular people. My wife had to leave the room. I couldn't not watch. I need to see that so I will never allow myself to forget.

God bless all those involved that day.... no one will ever be the same.

Striper Tubes - Keels & More!!

Page 11 of 31 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 30 31 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics