ctfisherman.com logo
Page 10 of 31 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 30 31 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#994275 - 09/11/08 11:08 PM Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 [Re: CWood Man]
CAPT. HOOP Offline

Loc: Empire / Venice, La
If you look back in this post I wear a 911 braclet with the name of Fire fighter Carl Asaro. He was in Battalion 9 and his remains were found 40 feet below tower #2. My daughter and I were planning to go to NY but due to other things happening in the family we were not able to make it today. We are already planning to be there in 3 years if not before then. Targeting 10 year anniversary. I was told Carl's wife showes up at the firehouse every year for the 911 event. Looking forward to meeting her. Hope to establish some contact with her and her 5 children before then.

"Never forget our fallen brothers!"

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Our Freedom Charters
P.O.Box 449
Empire, La. 70050
H- 504-657-6330
C- 504-247-8459
Fishing Info
#994278 - 09/11/08 11:17 PM Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
W.G. Offline

Thanks, Capt. Hoop. for reminding us what this day means.
I also lost friends and almost lost some more in NYC and at Logan, Boston, going towards Washington. This is an important day for all Americans no matter what your beliefs are.
We will not forget.
U.S.A.

Edited by W.G. (09/12/08 05:39 PM)

"We make a living by what we get.
We make a life by what we give."
'Winston Churchill'

Dee's Bait & Tackle,
93 Clay St.,New Haven
(203)562-7025

#994285 - 09/11/08 11:39 PM Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 [Re: W.G.]
Frank Offline

Loc: Shelton, CT
It hit very hard in my area of the state and in my business as I have posted in the past.

I will never EVERforget. God Bless their families.

Don't give up, don't EVER give up -Jimmy V

Tight Lines!

#994300 - 09/12/08 12:15 AM Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 [Re: Frank]
O-BASS Offline

guys,

some have mentioned "Never Forget" on this topic. i would like to call to your attention a striking example of how this nation is forgetting right now:

I am a music teacher by day and performer at night, working at an specific music school. each year on 9/11 i ask my students if anything was done to honor the memory of the tragedy at school (public) during the day, perhaps an assembly or meeting, and announcement on the loud speakers, a moment of silence at the hour of attack.

the first 2 years each student explained at length what thier school did. last year, i noticed a stark sudden drop off, and this year it is disgraceful the replys i recieved.

upon asking one 14 year old (not that this is his fault, the young man gave an honest answer) what they did at school to day, his response was "for what?" when i mentioned the 9/11 anniversary, and asked if there was any mention, he said no. they didnt do anything.

the same answer came from roughly half of my students today, ranging in age from 7 to 16.

i am asking you all to do the following: please tonight or tomorrow ask your children what was done at school today in memoriam!!! if the answer is nothing, SOMETHING IS WRONG AND WE NEED TO ACT! as a teacher i am APPALLED at the feeble efforts scholsystems made this and last year; to do nothing is an insult to the history of this nation, and memories of those lost in the attack on our country.

i am writing a letter to the woodbury/watertown paper tomorrow in regards to the local schools (pomperaug/nonewaug) and the responses students gave. mabey they just didnt hear the announcements like i never did when i was a kid, but its tought to miss a moment of silence in the morning when your the only kid talking! even i would have figured it out!

ask your kids, then complain! all patriotism and religious nonsense aside, democrat or republican, this is BULL!!!
#994302 - 09/12/08 12:18 AM Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 [Re: O-BASS]
thevinman Offline

Loc: Alpharetta, GA
Mike, That is un-freakin believable!!!!

-Vinny
My Profile

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." - Jedi Master Yoda

#994310 - 09/12/08 12:27 AM Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 [Re: thevinman]
CWood Man Offline

Stop Bitchin' And Get Fishin'!

Loc: Villas NJ
That is unreal Mike! I will never forget and my thinking is how could you?! That is just amazing!

CHANGE IS SCARY BUT IT IS REWARDING ON THE OTHER SIDE!

SURELY MISS MY CTF FRIENDS BUT ALWAYS WILL BE HERE TO GIVE ALL A HARD TIME!

Team MOY

"How about a Fresca?!"

Don't call me on a Tuesday, I'm on the water!

Chris
#994320 - 09/12/08 12:36 AM Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 [Re: CWood Man]
CAPT. HOOP Offline

Loc: Empire / Venice, La
As you stated Mike the people of today find ways to forget even though it is the most important thing that has ever happened to the people of the United States of America. Seems they are just content to be protected by the water that seperates us. Our children are still over there giving up time and lives to keep us out of harms way.

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Our Freedom Charters
P.O.Box 449
Empire, La. 70050
H- 504-657-6330
C- 504-247-8459
#994328 - 09/12/08 01:04 AM Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 [Re: CAPT. HOOP]
Frank Offline

Loc: Shelton, CT
On a more positive note. My high school aged daughter was IN SCHOOL by 6am (along with others) to hang a flag in remembrance.
Shelton HS didn't forget! I'm very proud of her and them.

Don't give up, don't EVER give up -Jimmy V

Tight Lines!

#994330 - 09/12/08 01:12 AM Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... [Re: John from Madison CT]
steve z
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: John from Madison CT
However, what is more dangerous than terrorism is complacency and the unwillingness to allow our government the ability to find and root out the terrorist both here and abroad.

To tap phones? Torture people? Snatch people from their homes and hold them for YEARS without filing charges or allowing them access to the courts?

If you think that sh*t is ok than you are traitor. How can you possibly sit back and talk about this country like you understand it at all,let alone have any respect for it, and still advocate stripping folk's personal freedoms?

Either you have no idea why America is so great, or you are insane.

Originally Posted By: strypertime
May God strike down upon thee with great vengence and furious anger to those who try to wound our AMERICA !

How dare you take this thread to that level. That is what the terrorist said on 9/10. You have disgraced this country and yourself with that kind of talk.

Originally Posted By: OldSchool
If you actually read the Quran you will see that the hatred for America (Israel's last friend) is just an overflow from the Arab's hatred for Israel. Moslem's must practice Jihad (killing Jews and Christians) as part of their faith.

You should be ashamed yourself. I'd argue but I know it won't do any good. Nobody who ever wore a uniform fought and died so you could say ignorant sh*t like that. I am certainly ashamed to be a member of a site that allows someone to say things that are outright racist.

Edited by steve z (09/12/08 01:13 AM)
#994332 - 09/12/08 01:16 AM Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 [Re: Frank]
Mitch P. Offline

I was watching this show and had to walk away from the TV:
http://www.history.com/minisites/9-11

I don't know how any adult could possibly forget that day.

But don't worry. For those who have forgotten, we'll get another wake up day one day. It's at that point that certain leaders and individuals will step up our war against terrorism. I'll stop now before I go on a political rant.
Page 10 of 31 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 30 31 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics