ctfisherman.com logo
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1260367 - 10/18/10 12:29 AM duck question for encon....
furtrapper Offline

ok here goes....can i duck hunt in the back of hanover pond in meriden....i was told .if you are sitting afloat not acored or touching land u can.i am well past the 5oo foot mark from any buildings....well past that...now is thier also a law that will apply.(no discharging a fire arm in city limets).realy what is a city limet....if i can float down the qunnie and stay in the middle of the river and do not shoot within the 500 feet of a building...y can i not hunt back thier.i have a encon officer going to call me about it..what if she says no and is wrong..and if its leagal how would i go about letting the MPD know it was legal and im going...

dddd
Fishing Info
#1260387 - 10/18/10 01:05 AM Re: duck question for encon.... [Re: furtrapper]
SouthBound Offline

Loc: Glastonbury,Ct
Don thats god real bad news and bad hunting pr written all over it. I hunt a private cornfield in wallyworld. One gun shot gows off I got 5 pd cruisers up my butt. I set up so I dont have to be worried about getting harassed by pd. That easy if it where mw. Stay away. Good luck
#1260399 - 10/18/10 01:55 AM Re: duck question for encon.... [Re: furtrapper]
furtrapper Offline

if its leagal y would it be bad pr.....trust me the MPD wont bother me if its legal....hell bet if they see me thell be asking how i did...just want to make sure they know im good.:)

dddd
#1260418 - 10/18/10 07:58 AM Re: duck question for encon.... [Re: furtrapper]
SouthBound Offline

Loc: Glastonbury,Ct
Good luck keep us posted on this. I promis they wont even care how you did. Good luck.
#1260518 - 10/18/10 01:43 PM Re: duck question for encon.... [Re: furtrapper]
SWMPYNKE Offline

Just remember you cannot shoot TOWARDS a building occupied by people when within range. Doesn't matter if you are 500 ft away as some of the heavier shot may carry further and this can be a judgement call on the part of local PD. Be careful and good luck!!! Unfortunately, some law enforcement are anti-gun and anti-hunting and their actions bear this out- if they want to get you they will and as an attorney would most likely tell you even if you are eventually vindicated it's at your cost of time and money. I would pick my time to hunt there as a bad weather day later in the season nearer to sunset(legal shooting time). Start off small and see what happens. I hope this helps as I speak from expeirience and again good luck!!!
#1260528 - 10/18/10 02:07 PM Re: duck question for encon.... [Re: furtrapper]
furtrapper Offline

thanks...ya thiers nothing as in the way of buildings with or with out people any were near the diriction ill be shooting...not worried really bout the mpd.im in great standings with them all.even the chief.:)....just want to make sure its legall to do it out thier...want to hear it from the dep or encon.with a name and number if i need it....

dddd
#1260883 - 10/19/10 04:26 PM Re: duck question for encon.... [Re: furtrapper]
EnCon Police Offline

500 feet from a building - don't shoot towards people/buildings/domestic animals. Make sure you have permission to access the water - check with Meriden and see if they have an issue with you possessing a firearm in the boat launch.
#1260972 - 10/19/10 11:45 PM Re: duck question for encon.... [Re: furtrapper]
furtrapper Offline

Thank you encon.......

dddd

Moderator:  Editors, EnCon Police, FindBass 

Active Topics