ctfisherman.com logo
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1697340 - 10/24/16 09:22 AM Junior Deer Hunting - Clarification
Mycept Offline

So this year I'll be taking my son hunting and was reading online about the Junior deer hunting regulations. They seem pretty straight forward but I was hoping to get clarification, just to make sure it is as easy as it sounds. I certainly don't feel like doing this incorrectly, with my son for his first hunt(s).

Based on what this says - as long as he and I both have valid license/permit/permission - he can hunt state land or private land with a gun between November 5 and November 12?

DEER - SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5 through SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 12 (excluding Sunday)

Private Land: Licensed junior hunter must have a valid private land shotgun/rifle deer permit and written consent from landowner. Adult mentor must have a valid private land deer permit and written consent from the landowner. Harvested deer must be tagged and reported (more info).

State Land: Licensed junior hunter must have a state land shotgun deer permit (Lottery or No-Lottery). Adult mentor must have a valid deer permit of any type. Deer hunting on Junior Hunter Training Days is permitted on any Lottery or No-Lottery Deer area, regardless of area designated on the permit, with the following exceptions:

1. Yale Forest, MDC Barkhamsted Reservoir-Barkhamsted East Block, MDC Barkhamsted Reservoir-Hartland East Block, MDC Nepaug Reservoir-Valentine Block, and MDC Nepaug Reservoir-Pine Hill Block are not open during Junior Hunter Training Days.
2. Centennial Watershed State Forest and Bristol Water Company are only open to junior hunters and mentors who have both been awarded a permit for these areas.
Fishing Info
#1698265 - 11/02/16 04:26 PM Re: Junior Deer Hunting - Clarification [Re: Mycept]
Mycept Offline

Is this really the extent of it? With a license and the appropriate permits - junior hunters can begin hunting deer on November 5 and continue through November 12 with a gun?

Seems obvious - but definitely don't want to mess this up
#1698277 - 11/02/16 07:14 PM Re: Junior Deer Hunting - Clarification [Re: Mycept]
EnCon Police Offline

You are correct. The youth deer hunt runs from Nov. 5th through Nov. 12th excluding Sunday.

On private land the junior hunter must be properly licensed, have a valid private land deer permit and written consent from the landowner and the adult mentor must have a valid private land deer permit and written consent from the landowner.

On state land the junior hunter must be properly licensed and have a state land shotgun deer permit (lottery or no lottery). The adult mentor must have a valid deer permit of any type.
#1698318 - 11/03/16 10:38 AM Re: Junior Deer Hunting - Clarification [Re: Mycept]
Mycept Offline

Thank you very much for your reply. I certainly didn't want to mess this one up.

Moderator:  Editors, EnCon Police, FindBass 

Active Topics