ctfisherman.com logo
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1478290 - 02/13/13 04:09 PM Mentor Program - who to talk to
Mycept Offline

I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of who to speak to within the DEEP that might have some insight as to whether the DEEP has or would consider a mentor program like some other states have.

Here is a link to the PA mentor program. I think it's a fantastic program and have wondered why more states don't have something similar.

Thanks in advance

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=622413&mode=2
Fishing Info
#1478294 - 02/13/13 04:26 PM Re: Mentor Program - who to talk to [Re: Mycept]
Bass addict Offline

Loc: Wethersfield, CT
I know we have "No child left inside"

http://www.ct.gov/ncli/site/default.asp

"There is nothing--absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
- Kenneth Grahame
#1478608 - 02/15/13 11:15 AM Re: Mentor Program - who to talk to [Re: Mycept]
BP Offline

I took my 10yr old to our cabin in PA and took advantage of this program. We did not harvest a buck, but the experience was fantastic. We both can't wait to do it again next year. The best line of the trip was when, after we were 4 hours into a pretty cold hunt, I offered him a game I had stashed in the pack in case he got bored. He said "No thanks Dad, I want to stay focused!"

I would love to see this adopted in CT.

He sips his coffee, then looks again toward the woods where he hunted with his father and now hunts with his son.
�There�s something about this place,� he says.
And if they were here to speak, all the men who have shared this camp over the decades would answer,
�Yes, there is.�
#1479625 - 02/20/13 09:23 AM Re: Mentor Program - who to talk to [Re: Mycept]
EnCon Police Offline

You could try contacting the Fisheries and/or Wildlife Division offices in Hartford. It may be something that they may be interested in.

Moderator:  Editors, EnCon Police, FindBass 

Active Topics