ctfisherman.com logo
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1774627 - 11/08/19 02:01 PM Atlantic salmon regs Naugatuck river.
ctfission Offline

I am looking for clarification on the brood stock salmon fishing rules. The current rule is free swinging hook, no weight on line. My guess this reg. is in place to deter snagging which is common upstate NY where I often fish. I use a center pin set up which is basically a float with evenly spaced small split shot to a small barrel swivel.Tied to the barrel is the leader (approx. 4 ft.)to a single hook or fly. A long rod (13 ft) and drag free reel are used to drift this setup thru the run. My question is basically, can this style of fishing be used to target atlantics? Other thoughts on this regulation are a person who ties flies can load up the hook with wraps of lead then tie a nymph body over the lead creating a weighted hook. Fly casters often use sinking line and or add sinking tips to their fly line. Is this considered additional weight added to the line?
Center pin fishing is very popular out West, in Michigan, Pa and NY. I have heard that some guys are using them here on the Farmington river for trout.
How does an individual get this type of information and questions to the people who make the regulations?
Fishing Info
#1775567 - 12/05/19 02:51 PM Re: Atlantic salmon regs Naugatuck river. [Re: ctfission]
FarmerJay Offline

Chum Bucket Jedi

Loc: Wallingford CT
Sadly, I think the DEEP's involvement in this forum died shortly after Skip retired.

It is only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles, that you realize that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence ...

Team "Just one more drift"

Team I'm not messin with JuJu ever again!!!!!!!

Re: Chum Bucket......There's too much gross #*&! in those picture threads; I can't look at them. Doing so scars my soul.

Moderator:  Editors, EnCon Police, FindBass 

Active Topics