ctfisherman.com logo
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1291232 - 02/08/11 11:48 AM Upcoming hearing on changes to some hunting & fishing regs.
zyg Offline

Hearing is on 3/16/11 and written comments must be received by 3/30/11.

Some of the changes involve:
*extending the pheasant hunting season,
*replacing the current pheasant tagging system with a pheasant stamp,
*updating live fish importation requirements,
*closing two additional areas to waterfowl hunting,
*allowing children to ice fish with the same number of devices as adults,
*prohibiting the use of gaffs in inland waters
*including references to prohibited invertebrates in the definition of bait species,
*establishing a closed fishing season for three waters
*removing one pond from the list of Children’s Ponds,
*excluding rusty crayfish from the list of bait species,
*replacing all Trophy Trout Lake references with Trout Management Lakes,
*establishing one Trout Management Area on the West Branch Farmington and Farmington Rivers by combining two existing Trout Management Areas and two existing Trophy Trout Stream areas,
*renaming Trophy Trout Lakes as Trout Management Lakes and reducing the creel limit for trout during March at two of these lakes,
*renaming one Wild Trout Management Area,
*removing the existing Trophy Trout Stream designations from portions of the West Branch Farmington River and the Farmington River,
*and other rusty crayfish exclusions.

Link to the notice: http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?A=2586&Q=473468

Fishing Info
#1291238 - 02/08/11 12:31 PM Re: Upcoming hearing on changes to some hunting & fishing regs. [Re: zyg]
slack_tide75 Offline

Loc: CT
If I wanted to ask for a change to the "no gaffs on inland waters" who would I contact?

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut." -Korean Proverb
#1291246 - 02/08/11 12:43 PM Re: Upcoming hearing on changes to some hunting & fishing regs. [Re: zyg]
jonh Offline

FUBO

How do you land a bluefish in a boat without the use of a gaff??? Thats nuts. They already prohibit the use of a gaff on stripers. What else do people gaff?

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#1291281 - 02/08/11 02:24 PM Re: Upcoming hearing on changes to some hunting & fishing regs. [Re: slack_tide75]
zyg Offline

Originally Posted By: slack_tide75
If I wanted to ask for a change to the "no gaffs on inland waters" who would I contact?

from the posted link...

Interested persons may also choose to present their views regarding the proposed regulations in writing. Written comments should be submitted no later than 4:30 PM on March 30, 2011 to Bill Foreman at the Department of Environmental Protection, Inland Fisheries Division, 79 Elm Street, Hartford, CT, 06106-5127. Comments may be submitted by post, facsimile to 860-424-4070 or by electronic mail to william.foreman@ct.gov. Based on public comment, the proposed regulations may be adjusted to meet the objective of the proposal.
#1291429 - 02/08/11 11:51 PM Re: Upcoming hearing on changes to some hunting & fishing regs. [Re: zyg]
Fish Scorpio Offline

Wished I had a answer .

"I Don't Own the Water I share it" As long as I have my
plastic Guess riding on the dash board of my RIDE.

Fishin'Factory III
Middletown, CT
860-344-9139
#1291439 - 02/09/11 12:34 AM Re: Upcoming hearing on changes to some hunting & fishing regs. [Re: Fish Scorpio]
Paul D. Offline

Lifetime Member

Loc: South Central, CT
Ice fishing pike and walleye thru the ice, the gaff hook is placed thru the lip membrane of the fish to aid in pulling it thru the hole.
Another useless law that will be either broken or circumvented.

Edited by Paul D. (02/09/11 12:35 AM)

Boat Ho in the Know

Team DILLIGAF

#1291441 - 02/09/11 12:51 AM Re: Upcoming hearing on changes to some hunting & fishing regs. [Re: zyg]
slack_tide75 Offline

Loc: CT
done

"Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut." -Korean Proverb

Moderator:  Editors, FindBass, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics