Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 ... 51 52 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#912853 - 01/31/08 12:58 PM Tales From The Trail 2008-2010
Jess Caraballo Offline

Loc: CT
Tales From The Trail 2008

Just an update on last year: BEST YEAR EVER! Thanks for all the support and encouraging words. It was nice to know people at home were routing me on. I ended up winning the FLW Tour Castrol Co-angler of the year award. I did well in the FLW Series as well, finishing the season in 14 place even after a bottom 150 finish at the last tournament on Pickwick Lake. I also had my best season yet on the pro side in the Stren Series. I placed third at the Potomac and ended up finishing in the top 10 for the year. I double qualified to fish as a Pro on Tour in 2008; unfortunately due to sponsor, and monetary issues (I don’t have $35,000 for entry fees) I could not switch to the pro side for the 2008 season. I will once again be fishing the FLW Tour and FLW Series as a Co-angler, and the Stren Series as a Pro-angler. I did however retain my co-angler spot on an FLW Team, fishing this season for Team Prilosec OTC. It’s difficult to foresee doing as well as I did last year, but I’m definitely going to give it my best. On a side note; my 2007 Z20 with the gain wrap is for sale in case anyone is interested.

"Momma told me when I was young.... Be a simple kind of man, oh be something you love and understand" - Lynyrd Skynyrd

"I reckon it's again my turn to win some or learn some...." - Jason Mraz

"Give me one moment in time, when I'm more than I thought I could be. When all of my dreams are a heartbeat away and the answers are all up to me" - Whitney Houston

"Im'a be what I set out to be, without a doubt, undoubtably.
And all those who look down on me, I'm tearing down your balcony.
No if, ands, or buts, don't try to ask him why or how can he..." - Eminem
www.go-fish.biz
visit my homepage
Fishing Info
#912859 - 01/31/08 01:03 PM Re: Tales From The Trail 2008 [Re: Jess Caraballo]
Jess Caraballo Offline

We will start the new year of Tales from the Trail now and try and forget about the headache known as Okeechobee. I’ll tell you a little about it, and can only pray that it is not a sign of things to come. I made flight reservations back in November for this trip. A little over a week before I am scheduled to fly down, I get a call from FLW asking if I can come down 2 days earlier so they can get my photo shoot for the trading cards out of the way. I change my reservations, asking my wife what would be the best time for her to drive me to the airport. I was originally supposed to fly on Saturday and was now flying on Thursday. She didn’t want to have to leave work so I made the reservations for what I thought was 6:55am. My wife and kids and I get up at 4am and drive to Hartford. I say my goodbyes and my wife drives off to take the kids to school. I go to check in and they inform me that my flight is at 6:55 PM. I get into an argument with them about putting me on the next flight at 10:30am and they tell me they can’t do it unless I pay an extra $220; my original round trip ticket was only $160. I don’t have an extra $220, so I call my wife who’s 30 miles away by now and tell her she has to come back and get me. She turns around, picks me up and I get on the phone with Southwest airlines. I talk to them and eventually they’re willing to give me a break and only make me pay an extra $100. So I turn around once again and head back to the airport. All of this is such an issue because I was flying into Tampa and had to drive 3hrs once I got to Florida. I didn’t want to get in at 3 in the morning, especially since I didn’t have a room yet. That was another folly in itself. To make a very long ugly story short, I got there, practiced, the weather was cold and windy and I fished poorly. I’m going to pretend that trip didn’t take place and start fresh at the FLW Series East/West Fish Off out in Texas at Lake Amistad. I can’t wait to get there!

"Momma told me when I was young.... Be a simple kind of man, oh be something you love and understand" - Lynyrd Skynyrd

"Give me one moment in time, when I'm more than I thought I could be. When all of my dreams are a heartbeat away and the answers are all up to me" - Whitney Houston

www.go-fish.biz
visit my homepage
#912868 - 01/31/08 01:13 PM Re: Tales From The Trail 2008 [Re: Jess Caraballo]
OHMYGOD Offline

Loc: Suffield Ct
Sorry for the bumpy start, lets hope you got
all the crap out of the way with your Florida trip for the 2008 season.

Good Luck at Amistad, Kick some BASS there.
We will all be routing for you. \:\)

WAVEWALK DEMO AGENT:
Send me a message if you want to try the W500,W700 and soon the S4.

You can take what you want from life......As long as you give a little Back.
"We never get over the fishing fever, it's a delightful disease and thank the lord there is no cure".
"CTF, is a lure I can not afford to NOT have in my pocket"

Don’t argue with Idiots.. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Our freedoms are being choked, big brother's grip is getting tighter.

http://wavewalk.com/Connecticut_Fishing_Kayak_Review_22.html

#912869 - 01/31/08 01:16 PM Re: Tales From The Trail 2008 [Re: Jess Caraballo]
Jess Caraballo Offline

I'm going to be taking my camera with me this year as I travel. I will be posting the pictures on my website that will coincide with the Tales From The Trail posts. When I post a new segment, you should be able to click on the link to my website and see the pictures there.

www.go-fish.biz
visit my homepage
#912919 - 01/31/08 03:50 PM Re: Tales From The Trail 2008 [Re: Jess Caraballo]
Al Cappy Jr Offline

Loc: Uncasville CT
Congrats and good luck this year. Looking forward to your reports.

Al

EAT SLEEP FISH
Team Skeeter
Reynolds Garage and Marine Inc
http://www.fishinfactory3.com
#913040 - 01/31/08 10:43 PM Re: Tales From The Trail 2008 [Re: Al Cappy Jr]
Jon Pski Offline

Loc: Winsted, CT
Good luck this season Jess!!!
I know how much you were looking forward to fishing the Pro side of the FLW this year, yet, you should feel honored that P & G kept you on the Team. With all the shake ups in the sponsor world, this is a testament to not only your fishing skills, but your interpersonal skills also.
Best of luck to you and I'll be looking forward to your Tales from the Trail. Keep working your plan and eventually the gold will be yours.
#913051 - 01/31/08 11:21 PM Re: Tales From The Trail 2008 [Re: Jon Pski]
TimD. Offline

Loc: Danbury,CT
Thanks for the update Jess.Good luck and don't let anything discourage ya from winning!!!!

Keep the bait wet
#913057 - 01/31/08 11:32 PM Re: Tales From The Trail 2008 [Re: Jess Caraballo]
tommy Offline

Loc: Danbury
Good luck Jess, hang tough.
#913113 - 02/01/08 02:12 AM Re: Tales From The Trail 2008 [Re: tommy]
chris med Offline

No REDTIDE IN PANAMA

Loc: East Lyme
Absolutely,... saw you out on Cwood a couple weeks back, nice looking boat,...Good luck Jess you're living a dream many people here would love,....they only complain and don't go do!!! Good luck to you in your ventures! CAtch 'm Up

NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE,..DESTROYING FISHERMAN AND THEIR FAMILIES SINCE 1978.........
www.ocearch.org

www.theriverguide.com

TEAM SERIOUSFISHING
TEAM RUMSWIZLER
TEAM RED NECK CAMPER TOURS
TEAM "NO GUN ZONE" facepalm
TEAM PANAMA
TEAM GEPSIKCEHEHTEREHW
TEAM Swizzle

www.joinrfa.com
Contact Capt Mike Marro
Bluefin Charters, Clinton Ct. 203-245-7742
www.bluefincharters.com
As if the colassal middle finger hasn't been jammed up our asses far enough, the NMFS and ASMFC carry on with their daily masterpieces of saving species in peril..........We as recreational anglers serve thanks for all the fine "work"sick you do........
Fishin Factory III
Middletown Ct
860-344-9139
www.fishinfactory3.com
www.jigheadlures.com
www.castlebaits.com

#913139 - 02/01/08 10:21 AM Re: Tales From The Trail 2008 [Re: chris med]
Dusty Offline

GAMETIME!!!

Loc: Ellington
 Originally Posted By: chris med
Good luck Jess you're living a dream many people here would love,....they only complain and don't go do!!!

I know, I know......

Good luck man..ill be talkin to you! Im going to make more this year so well get some pics and do it up for th CTF guys!

Go get um at Amistad!!! MONSTERS LURKING!!!! Fluke wins happen, Angler of the Year is not a fluke thing...stay confident and keep rippin um!

Team Daiwaimano
Team too many broken rods to count
Team bluefish lawn ornament
Team "oh shiit we are out of gas"

Cell: 607 206 0324
Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 ... 51 52 >

Moderator:  Editors, FindBass, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics