CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS

Posted by: PDona

CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/25/15 05:41 PM

January 25th 2015 postponed from the 24th due to a snow storm.
Kapt was there near 7 am plowing a skating rink at least 200 yards long, and paths out to Ground 0 where we had the tables set up. HUGE THANKS !

23 kids trudged through snow,slush, and water to fish the event. Parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles all enjoyed the day, as well.
Approximately 15 fish were brought to the scale, and many more caught and released.

Mckenna took first in "sunfish" category with a .12 lber
Josh Maxwell took first in the "other" category with a 1.08 lb catfish
Josh Maxwell also took first in the "Pickerel" category with a 2.74 lber.
Carter Davis took first in the "Bass" category with a .94 lber.

some notes:
*At least 4 pond shiners were caught (pike bait size ! )
*With the weight of the snow, parts of our fishing areas became ponds.
*Don't drill holes where you want to stay dry smile1

*If you didn't sign up on Mitch's sheet with your address, make sure you pm him. We will be sending out some stuff.

Big thanks to 289Fs, and wife for hot chocolate and Deep Calling for snacks for kids. Both for drilling holes and letting people use their augers SmallFry(Alex ) for signing kids up, and weighing in fish Buckcall, and Jeff_Tree for helping out all around, and Mitch P for obtaining the permit, and keeping this site active, so we can do these kinds of events.
Hopefully we can continue this tradition in the future.

Posted by: JohnS

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/25/15 06:03 PM

Mitch tending a flag with his daughter.

A river runs through it.

Skating on water.

Sledding.

It was a good time, wet feet, shanty ready to go for a hot air balloon ride, wife outfished me biggrin Kapt plowing camp, bowdown PDona doing a great job organizing everything, kids getting a FEW fish, sledding, pizza, great company and just a really nice day.
Time flies when your on the ice. Thanks everyone .

Posted by: Don P

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/25/15 06:21 PM

Looks like a great weather day...Much better than yesterday. smile1
Posted by: Daddy Pickle

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/25/15 06:54 PM

looks like a good time, wish i could've made it. i got called into work last night, messed up all my plans
Posted by: EdKras

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/25/15 07:16 PM

My boys had a blast today. We're drying out our boots, but enjoyed the day on the ice. Thank you for putting this together.
Posted by: Mitch P.

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/25/15 07:22 PM

Really fun today, despite the slow bite. Thanks for all the leg work Paul, and nice job to all who brought kids to enjoy the day!

I have a bunch of pics I'll post tomorrow. Here are two for now ...

Got this texted to me while I was on my way this a.m. Kapt in all his glory!

Posted by: Paul D.

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/25/15 07:26 PM

Looks like it was a good time ! applause
Posted by: swwind

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/25/15 07:30 PM

well done gentlemen - looking forward to photos
Posted by: Tall 1

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/25/15 07:46 PM

Well done Paul and your team of helpers!!

Looking forward to the pics.
Posted by: FarmerJay

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/25/15 08:06 PM

Job well done guys! It shows! Look at all of the smiles in that picture!!! So glad it turned out to be a decent day weather wise!
Posted by: KillTaker

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/25/15 09:07 PM

GoodNESS!!!!
Posted by: Don P

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/26/15 07:58 AM

Great happy kids pic!!!!!!!!
Posted by: OHMYGOD

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/26/15 11:57 AM

Nice job everyone, looks like a great time was had by all. cha party2 rawk party2
Posted by: buckcall

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/26/15 12:10 PM

It was a little wet on the feet but still fun being able to hangout with all the kids. Thank you Paul for putting it together and to Kapt for coming down to plow the ice and add a flare to the fire. Also to my Buddy Ryan for coming to plow the parking lotand Deepcallin for showing up with his auger to drill about 50 holes. Great job everyone!!
Posted by: buckcall

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/26/15 12:11 PM

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/26/15 01:00 PM

Very nice of Kapt to come out and do what he does best. applause

We had a very nice base camp, complete with fire and hot chocolate.

Paul and dad Dona setting their cool custom tip-up. It was dad Dona's 77th birthday yesterday! Go dad Dona! Hope to be enjoying the outdoors like he does at his age!

We thought we were off to a good start with a .51-pound early perch, but that was our only fish for the day. Samantha expertly pulled it up herself.

We had a good team effort going on drilling, scooping, jigging, and getting minnows.

Samantha was getting very competitive and wasn't happy with our one perch!

Didn't take long for my kids to learn that when the bite is slow ... time to get silly!

The official weigh-in station. Thanks to all who came to help out to make it a fun day!

Derby Director P. Dona announcing the winners!

The hot pizza after fishing was awesome!

After the fishing and food, the kids had a blast sledding down the hill at the launch!

Ryan's absolutely cute daughter!

All in all, it was a great day on the ice! Look forward to more days out with the kids. Thanks again to Paul and all who helped make it a fun day!
Posted by: LegalFish

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/26/15 01:29 PM

You guys did an awesome job putting this event together. Unfortunately I was away for the weekend otherwise I would have been there with my daughter. Hopefully next year.

Alfonzo
Posted by: PNarducci

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/26/15 05:46 PM

Looks like a great time for all!!!!! If I wasn't afraid of the water maybe I would attend.
Posted by: air leak

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/26/15 08:02 PM

party2
Posted by: MOONSHINER

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/26/15 08:10 PM

Great job guys
Posted by: macattack678

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/26/15 08:52 PM

headbanger1 Great job!
Posted by: LargeFry

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/26/15 09:26 PM

Wow, what a great day! The kids were wiped out when they got home. We had a good time, I got to introduce some friends to the CTF way as well. What can I say, they had a blast. Alex was happy to help out. To quote Josh when I finally got him I the car... "That was awesome!"

A little moment I had was with Josh. A flag would pop and we would go to chech it. He was completely silent and still as I'd give the trap a few spins to slack the line before I picked it up, I'd bring some line in to feel for the fish. And the second I would go to set the hook, he would snatch the line right from my hands and get the fish on the ice. It just started to click for him, I can still remember that moment with Alex fishing the CTF Kids day at Garner Lake about eight years ago. Looks like we're building a tradition here.

I'm still a little wiped out and recouporating so I'll let the pics do the talking

Josh and his monster 2.74 lb pickerel

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/26/15 09:34 PM

Great to hear A.J.!

Please thank Alex for helping out.

Nice to see you yesterday.
Posted by: EdKras

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/27/15 07:35 AM

My oldest, Alex was wearing my old hunting suit(a couple sizes too big, but at least it was warm) Michael, ran the Coleman stove, While Ethan spent most of his time being Ethan.

Posted by: jimfish

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/27/15 08:33 AM

applause applause applause
Posted by: PDona

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 01/28/15 03:53 PM

UPDATED

Kapt was there near 7 am plowing a skating rink at least 200 yards long, and paths out to Ground 0 where we had the tables set up. HUGE THANKS !

23 kids trudged through snow,slush, and water to fish the event. Parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles all enjoyed the day, as well.
Approximately 15 fish were brought to the scale, and many more caught and released.

Mckenna took first in "sunfish" category with a .12 lber
Josh Maxwell took first in the "other" category with a 1.08 lb catfish
Josh Maxwell also took first in the "Pickerel" category with a 2.74 lber.
Carter Davis took first in the "Bass" category with a .94 lber.

some notes:
*At least 4 pond shiners were caught (pike bait size ! )
*With the weight of the snow, parts of our fishing areas became ponds.
*Don't drill holes where you want to stay dry smile1

*If you didn't sign up on Mitch's sheet with your address, make sure you pm him. We will be sending out some stuff.

Big thanks to 289Fs, and wife for hot chocolate and Deep Calling for snacks for kids. Both for drilling holes and letting people use their augers SmallFry(Alex ) for signing kids up, and weighing in fish Buckcall, and Jeff_Tree for helping out all around, and Mitch P for obtaining the permit, and keeping this site active, so we can do these kinds of events.
Hopefully we can continue this tradition in the future.
Posted by: Tony Mel

Re: CTFISHERMAN.COM KIDS ON ICE RESULTS - 02/01/15 10:51 AM

Outstanding event. Thanks for the pics.