Rock the Cove & Free Chili Saturday! 2-21 free with prizes

Posted by: gboutdoors

Rock the Cove & Free Chili Saturday! 2-21 free with prizes - 02/16/15 01:45 PM

Join us on Wethersfield Cove Saturday, February 21!

(AKA FREE CHILI SATURDAY)
Dear Angler!

Help us Rock the Cove Saturday, February 21st! We'll be out there most of the day!
I'm offering a "C&R Bounty" for the following:

$100 Cash Paid for the first Iced Walleye of the day, any size,
$100 Cash Paid for the first Iced Striper of the day, any size, &
$100 Cash paid for the first Iced Sea-Run Brown of the day, any size! (C&R ONLY, all species)

No registration, no fuss, no muss. Just show up and fish! And if you bring me the "first fish" of that species, and then we release it back into the water. I'll pay you "$100 Bounty" for C&R of those species for that day until 2pm.

In addition, for absolutely nothing, stop by my shelter for a free cup of my Famous Venison & Lager Chili!

( I of course, will eat anything you might like to share my way too!)

It'll be a great day to be out on WC with lots of good folks to trade fish stories! Come on out and help us make it a great day.

And to top it all off, CTO will open at 5am Saturday, February 21st instead of the usual 6am.

Remember, don't just sit there, GET OUT!
Posted by: LipRipper

Re: Rock the Cove & Free Chili Saturday! 2-21 free with prizes - 02/16/15 01:53 PM

Sounds like it will be a great day on the cove. Thanks for posting Gary.
Posted by: gboutdoors

Re: Rock the Cove & Free Chili Saturday! 2-21 free with prizes - 02/16/15 02:00 PM

Hope you can make it!
Posted by: Ice Nutt 1228

Re: Rock the Cove & Free Chili Saturday! 2-21 free with prizes - 02/18/15 03:26 PM

Hey, wasn't sure if you were aware or cared for that matter but FishingCt is also having their first annual ice fishing derby the same day on Wethersfield cove from 8-2:00pm. Just a heads up as it's probably already going to be a mad house all day with parking and what not.
Posted by: KillTaker

Re: Rock the Cove & Free Chili Saturday! 2-21 free with prizes - 02/18/15 03:35 PM

That is what this is.......
Posted by: BLUECHIP

Re: Rock the Cove & Free Chili Saturday! 2-21 free with prizes - 02/18/15 04:21 PM

Will there be garland on the tree??

Re: Rock the Cove & Free Chili Saturday! 2-21 free with prizes - 02/18/15 04:43 PM

Originally Posted By: BLUECHIP
Will there be garland on the tree??

that's for sure! The new king of the interfishingnets........
Posted by: chris med

Re: Rock the Cove & Free Chili Saturday! 2-21 free with prizes - 02/19/15 07:26 AM

#fishingctsuhsuhsuhsucks
Posted by: Wayne d

Re: Rock the Cove & Free Chili Saturday! 2-21 free with prizes - 02/19/15 09:28 AM

Is the FishingCT derby open to anyone?

Re: Rock the Cove & Free Chili Saturday! 2-21 free with prizes - 02/19/15 09:34 AM

I think those questions would be better asked on one of their outlets.....

Re: Rock the Cove & Free Chili Saturday! 2-21 free with prizes - 02/19/15 10:27 AM

I did with no response.

I know that some FishingCT members are also CTF members.
Posted by: BLUECHIP

Re: Rock the Cove & Free Chili Saturday! 2-21 free with prizes - 02/19/15 01:21 PM

http://www.fishingnortheast.net/wp/fishing-cts-1st-annual-ice-fishing-tournament/

They said anyone is welcome. Sign up is in the link above or do it on the ice. They have about 20 people so far..

Re: Rock the Cove & Free Chili Saturday! 2-21 free with prizes - 02/19/15 03:17 PM

Thanks Bluechip
Posted by: Bass addict

Re: Rock the Cove & Free Chili Saturday! 2-21 free with prizes - 02/19/15 06:10 PM

in case anyone is concerned about the parking lot, someone plowed the cove parking lot so there is parking for both cars and trucks. Gary I am going to try to make it over for a bit, mostly because I know how good your chili is:)