Official groundbreaking for brand new pier at Fort Hale Park

Posted by: Mitch P.

Official groundbreaking for brand new pier at Fort Hale Park - 08/16/17 03:28 PM

http://wtnh.com/2017/08/16/official-groundbreaking-for-brand-new-pier-at-fort-hale-park/
Posted by: JLMOS

Re: Official groundbreaking for brand new pier at Fort Hale Park - 08/16/17 03:54 PM

Hooray!!!
Posted by: Knothead

Re: Official groundbreaking for brand new pier at Fort Hale Park - 08/16/17 07:50 PM

I am not sure you would be saying hooray if you knew it was costing you $2,000,000. Yes 2 million dollars. I am all for supporting fishing but that is a lot of money for a state that is broke.

Re: Official groundbreaking for brand new pier at Fort Hale Park - 08/16/17 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Knothead
I am not sure you would be saying hooray if you knew it was costing you $2,000,000. Yes 2 million dollars. I am all for supporting fishing but that is a lot of money for a state that is broke.

If you read the article it is stated here...

"The project is being paid for with $1.8 million in state and federal grants. This is money that was secured back in 2015. During Wednesday’s ground breaking, a great deal of credit was given to State Senator Martin Looney for his involvement in the project."

Whether they already spent that on something else...(lining their pockets etc..) is yet to be seen.

However; I used to fish there a lot and most of the time I did consistently well. So it's a glimmer of hope for us that do not have boats that can go out on the water where the real fishing is.

Just saying...

John.

Re: Official groundbreaking for brand new pier at Fort Hale Park - 08/16/17 09:25 PM

Thank you Mitch for posting this.
Posted by: Nick_S

Re: Official groundbreaking for brand new pier at Fort Hale Park - 08/23/17 05:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Knothead

Yes sir!
As we prepare to increase sales tax, operate without a state budget, and cut education funding day by day. Makes me wanna puke.
Posted by: jonh

Re: Official groundbreaking for brand new pier at Fort Hale Park - 08/23/17 09:20 AM

$2M is not a lot. It's most likely mostly Federal monies - and given the date it was for hurricane restoration work.
Posted by: Conrad G.

Re: Official groundbreaking for brand new pier at Fort Hale Park - 08/23/17 10:42 AM

2 mil., higher taxes for us and another fishing spot For more poachers, if
You put that way, it all makes sense mad1 Just
F-in tired!!!!!