Ray Z "The Rod Doctor"

Posted by: Tall 1

Ray Z "The Rod Doctor" - 05/28/18 03:53 PM

I had a rod with 2 severely mashed guides...not sure how but it happened. I got a hold of Ray on Saturday and dropped the rod off. He stripped off the bad guides,re-served them properly and applied a perfect coat of epoxy.
My rod was ready today! That's service!
If anyone is looking to have a rod repaired or have a custom rod built Ray Z is your man. You will not find a more talented and reasonably priced rod builder than our own, Ray Z.
Thanks again Buddy!
Posted by: O-BASS

Re: Ray Z "The Rod Doctor" - 05/28/18 06:18 PM

Agree. Did excellent guide replacement work for me as well.
Posted by: RayZCT

Re: Ray Z "The Rod Doctor" - 05/29/18 10:21 AM

Thanks Jon, as we discussed, I have never seen those guides bent in that manner. Must have been the BAD fish Gods at work.
Posted by: Tmack9200

Re: Ray Z "The Rod Doctor" - 05/29/18 11:09 AM

Wish I could post pics, Ray built a Crappie rod for me and I spent the weekend catching 3/4 pound bass and a ton of pike from 28 to 34 inches, the Rod failed to catch any Crappie, but my god it’s a fun rod to catch fish with...

Re: Ray Z "The Rod Doctor" - 05/29/18 06:01 PM

Todd, you landed a 34" pike on that rod? It must of been one hell of a fight and a blast to land that one.
Posted by: OHMYGOD

Re: Ray Z "The Rod Doctor" - 06/15/18 07:52 AM

I love my RayZ custom built smallie rod.
(It catches LMB too)
Great rod for D/S, or fishing small jig, or weight less plastic worms, fins...……..

Thanks Ray, how many years have I had this rod now??? smile1 (CRS)

Re: Ray Z "The Rod Doctor" - 06/15/18 09:27 AM

OMG, I'd say about five or more. My rod that matches yours is over ten years old and I bet has caught close to 1000 fish just on our Maine trips alone. So glad Huskybass and I could come up with such a sweet design.
Posted by: Buck

Re: Ray Z "The Rod Doctor" - 06/16/18 12:07 PM

Ray does saltwater rods too. I have two of Ray's 10' surf rods built on St. Croix quality blanks and I use them all winter in Florida. They are great for the normal surf species but when a huge sting ray or shark comes through and picks up the bait these are the two rods I want to have in the battle.
Posted by: JohnS

Re: Ray Z "The Rod Doctor" - 06/21/18 05:57 AM

Originally Posted By: Tmack9200
Wish I could post pics, Ray built a Crappie rod for me and I spent the weekend catching 3/4 pound bass and a ton of pike from 28 to 34 inches, the Rod failed to catch any Crappie, but my god it’s a fun rod to catch fish with...

Kid fish convert? Thought you only fished for Tuna?