Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH

Posted by: Huskybass

Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/27/13 06:40 PM

Thanks to Paul Dona for running everything and congrats to the Real Iceman for winning. Nice to see everyone. Big thanks to Mitch and Scott for a great day on the water. Hope to see you all on the ice.
Posted by: PDona

Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/27/13 07:16 PM

PIKETOBERFEST RESULTS \
Sunday October 27th
Water Temp 49-51 , air temp 45 to start.
30 people fished , 12 pike caught ranging from 18" to the winner at 38"

CHAMPION - TheRealIceman 38" pike
2ND PLACE - CtOutfitter Trev - 34" pike
3RD PLACE - P.Dona - 31.25" Pike

Huge thanks to everyone who brought food, and drinks to share with our crowd !
$100.00 will go into the CTF KID'S DAY fund !

Posted by: Paul D.

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/27/13 07:19 PM

Who's prop job is this??? Image blurred to protect the innocent.

Posted by: chris med

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/27/13 07:27 PM

how come no one was at Salmon RIver I stopped by but there was no one around??????wtf
Posted by: JoeyHBCT

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/27/13 07:33 PM

Had a great time today fishing with RiverJosh. We had three pike in the first twenty minutes. Josh got a 26 and a 29 on a swim jig w/ paddle tail and I got a 29.5 on a chatter bait with a paddle tail trailer. From there the tide switched action died and the few other fish we saw we had no luck. 1 break off 1 lost fish and a few big followers. Had fun at the gathering after. Kapt killed it with the chilli. Lots of laughs good food and talking fishing. We didn't place but catching three was enough to go home happy. Thanks Paul for all you do to keep this event going strong.

Posted by: OHMYGOD

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 08:08 AM

No Pike for me, but the LMB were biting!!

Good times, fished out of my W500 with the 1.2hp hooked up.
I only got waked once...which was enough, my arse got wet....
I gave them the finger, and they just waved as they went by in a 40'+
boat 25' away from me at full speed..................
but all in all a great time, Food was awesome.

Thanks Paul!! beerchug
Posted by: OHMYGOD

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 08:21 AM

Originally Posted By: chris med
how come no one was at Salmon RIver I stopped by but there was no one around??????wtf

And?????? smile1
Posted by: Mitch P.

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 08:48 AM

Thanks to Paul for organizing and congrats to the Real Iceman for the win. Good times.

Third place winner, P. Dona.

Second place: CT Outfitter Trev

Piketoberfest XII Champion, The Real Iceman.

Piketoberfest XI Champion Davey Dave passing the torch to The Real Iceman.

Team Slap Shot.
Posted by: CWood Man

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 09:05 AM

Congrats Bobby!!!!!!!!
Posted by: O-BASS

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 09:28 AM

way to go bob-o!
Posted by: TimP

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 09:29 AM

Ya that guy in that 40' er flew by the marina I was fishing at, pissing every one off .
Posted by: Wilderness_dave

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 09:53 AM

Congrats Bob!
Posted by: JerryinCt

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 09:55 AM

Wish I could have made it. Had this thing called a campaign going on. Congrats to the winner and all those who braved the elements to get out there. Paul thanks for doing this. Hopefully I can attend next year.

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 09:57 AM

As usual, there was more than enough great food & drink to go around after a day on the water. beerchug

Jack sampling some of Kapt's chili.

Dad Dona and longtime CTF member "fishy1", Don.

Misqi manning the grill.

Madfisherman whipping up his mad creation.

The Dona's infamous pea soup. Awesome after a day on the water!

Kapt's latest creation, his Jeep with potent audio!

A "trash talk" pic texted to Piketoberfest founder, Zach S., who now lives out of state.

Scott after a long day on the ride home ... waiting for the tooth fairy to come. biggrin

It was a blast to fish with Huskybass (on his birthday!) and Scott J. Although we didn't land a single fish, there were certainly lots of laughs and ball busting all day.

Until next year beerchug

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 09:59 AM

Nice day out there, started at weathers field cove 6 am with no luck. the bait fish were every where there. Then got bait and went to Haddam no luck till 1130 - 12 then Jeff s pole almost gets pulled in the water, after a nice fight I net this 9 pounder. 10 min. later a 6.7 pounder. no pike but no skunk.
Posted by: fishy1

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 10:39 AM

What fun. Didn't even get a bite but had a great day anyway. Paul Dona should get an award every year for all the time he puts in to make the Pikefest a huge success. Thank you Paul. Good to see folks I haven't seen in ages. Hope to be around a lot more often.
Posted by: PDona

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 11:29 AM

Paul D, that is my original prop that I've fixed numerous times ! biggrin pirate That darn rock pike in the creek to Chapmans ! banghead
Anyway, this year I had a very good photographer/net boy. Team LaBatts ! Great time, like we always do on Game Day ! Don't listen to him telling you I backboated him the whole day ! rawk
The stars were aligned over my head this year for once !
We started eeearly in the am at the launch, Jack brought his remote controlled spot light at the bow of my boat (freakin sweat ! ) we got to our destination and still had to wait for the sun to come up.

After casting and soaking pondies for less than 30 minutes I boat this one

30.5" and on the board ! Long time coming for me !
Jack did a superb net job , THANK YOU ! biggrin
Not much action in this area, we moved and found these 2 Kayakers
Jeff Tree_Bass and Largefry. These were taken roughly 100 yards away, excuse the quality.

We moved to spot 2, nada void of any Esox, only 2 bozos fishing for crappie
Spot 3, Jack was twitching because he didn't even get to troll yet, so into Chapmans we go !

Jack smiling ear to ear

Well, this year, we didn't even get a bump trolling, so we hit some spots casting. I had a NICE follow (knee buckler)on a big spinner bait, another follow on my PIG, and finally hook up with this 3rd placer, 31.5"

Chapmans was VERY low, we saw Paul D and Den go in with ease

Here is Team Stuck and turn around

We saw Tim P and Jeff get to the low part, and he wanted nothing to do with it, so turned around.
A bass boat had made it in there, fished for a while, then next thing you know, he GUNNNED it full plane over the sandbar to get out ! Impressive sight! Wish I had the camera for that one !!
What a great after festivities we had ! Food was awesome,good to see some old friends, and we all left before dark !

Posted by: The Real Iceman

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 12:07 PM

Team SLAPSHOT bring it home again!!! Man.... What a Ridiculously beautiful day. Glenn Thanks for the Ride as always, Davey Davey It's always a blast fishing with you. Channel Matt...Wish you were here!!!

Great to see everyone, food was Excellent as always (No Goose Poppers Though stirthepot kiss ) Thanks Paul and Mitch for keeping this going. BTW We need everyone to comeback and participate in this event. You all know who you are.

Anyway.... fishing was really slow until the last hour or so, We decided to chill and tie off to some docks and just fish bait. As always these guys bring some really nice goldies and suckers, up to 8". Fishing in the shadows of the boat you could really see pretty far down into the weeds. First slim dart came on a 3" shiner, second one on the same size. Then Dave hands me this 6 or 7" sucker. Pitch it out and with a slow retrieve into the shadows again. I can see the bait just sitting there about 10 Feet from me and this beast just smokes the bait. She goes about 4 ft and stops. Afraid I lost her I wait, call for the net....set the hook and it was game on. A few good runs and Dave slides the net in place and now we're measuring my first ever CTR Pike.... Not bad for a rookie!!

Here are some Pics from the Day

Toasting our lost Buddy Channel Matt as always!!

Slim Darts

My Monster

Misc pics of the day

Till next year beerchug

Posted by: Frank

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 12:32 PM

Congrats Bobby!

Looks like a great time as usual. Wish I could've made it, love this event.
Posted by: Jack

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 12:40 PM

Did you guys fish from shore or a boat..LOL.

Nice toast to our beloved friend. I wish I was there for that one.

Nice job on the win.
Posted by: Zach S.

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 12:47 PM

Oh man I wish I was there! Awesome!!!
Posted by: CWood Man

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Jack
Did you guys fish from shore or a boat..LOL.

Nice toast to our beloved friend. I wish I was there for that one.

Nice job on the win.

I know they didn't troll stirthepot
Posted by: JoeyHBCT

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 01:13 PM

wow bob.. that 38 is a beaut. real healthy looking! i never got to see the pic yesterday cause daves phone died. Nice fish
Posted by: Bo_Neato

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 02:07 PM

Congrats, Bobby!

Jagermeister - Breakfast of Champions!
Posted by: chris med

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 02:25 PM

post tournament drink of Turkeys and Tee shotsparty2

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 02:28 PM

Hell yah!!! Looking forward to it!
Posted by: Bo_Neato

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: chris med
post tournament drink of Turkeys and Tee shotsparty2

So versatile....

we just need to make sure we don't run out. wink
Posted by: Huskybass

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 03:58 PM

Great to see everyone yesterday. Thanks to Paul Dona for running everything. big congrats to the real Iceman for a beautiful Pike and winning the event. Most of all thanks to Mitch and Scott J for a great time on the water, looking forward to seeing you guys again on the ice.

Thanks to all who made the cookout great. Kapt's chili was awesome.,
Posted by: hsb

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 04:29 PM

Congrats Bob adn the 1st and 2nd place losers. Looks like a great day on the water, another day wish I didnt have to work on a Sunday.
Posted by: ME_fisherman

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 04:37 PM

Nice event as always.
Posted by: trout tracker

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 04:44 PM

Congrats to the winners.

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 05:48 PM

Lots of laughs as always.

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Zach S.
Oh man I wish I was there! Awesome!!!

Start looking at flights to Hartford for 2014. biggrin

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 06:43 PM

There is more grey hair in most of those shots than there has been pike caught in the history of the fest eek2. We need to recruit some younger (less grey) blood into the fold or our sport will fade away before the attendance runs totally dry.
Posted by: DEN

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 06:54 PM

Congratulations Bob!!!! Nice fish!!! Sorry I couldn't attend the best part of fest but 2-hours later I was in a church in Woodbury attending my neighbors son's wedding sleep

Nice going Trev, and Paul, glad you placed..finally!! beerchug
Posted by: JohnS

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 07:10 PM

Well done teamslapshot. Good times as always.

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul D.
There is more grey hair in most of those shots than there has been pike caught in the history of the fest eek2. We need to recruit some younger (less grey) blood into the fold or our sport will fade away before the attendance runs totally dry.

im happy you brought this up. thats been a hot topic on my boat all year...

we need new members under the age of 30 on CTF overall.
ive been the youngest guy at every event ive attended since the banquet back in january.... banquet, game dinner, swap, mudge tourny, toilet bowl, blackfish bash...

while that was apropriate 10 years ago when i first joined, now at 33, its kind of odd... other than Joey, do we have any regular member under 30?

nice fish Bob!
Posted by: Jeremiah G

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 08:23 PM

Originally Posted By: O-BASS

ive been the youngest guy at every event ive attended since the banquet back in january.... banquet, game dinner, swap, mudge tourny, toilet bowl, blackfish bash...

while that was apropriate 10 years ago when i first joined, now at 33, its kind of odd... other than Joey, do we have any regular member under 30?

nice fish Bob!

I'm 29.5....
Posted by: RiverJosh

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 08:25 PM

Thanks to Paul and everybody that made it happen. Congrats to the winners! Kapt., that chili is unreal! Good to see you jerks.
Posted by: EGGNOG

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 08:29 PM

Mike.i think it is the trend in alot of areas. The next generation aren't as inclined to fish/hunt/hike etc. they have grown up with something in their hands pushing buttons. Having said that, a few other fishing related sites I frequent have a larger percentage of much younger guys. These sites are also free, so there might be a hint.
nice fish Bob!

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 08:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeremiah G

I'm 29.5....

calling B.S.

you aint younger than me.... are you ? fo' real!?!?!
Posted by: EGGNOG

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeremiah G

I'm 29.5....

calling B.S.

you aint younger than me.... are you ? fo' real!?!?!

I say 36. If my math is right
Posted by: RickCee

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 08:55 PM

Nicely done gents! Wish I could have made it!

nice fish Bob!

Don't worry guys, the "Boy" will be ready next year beerchug

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 09:01 PM

pffff! that young man is ready, and has been for years! kid can fish!
Posted by: BaldPelican

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 10:09 PM

Thanks to Paul and Mitch and all the organizers for getting this together. Congrats to the winners. Lot's of laughs, great food, and good fishing talk at after the fishing.
We managed only one pike in our boat and it was not me. I'll let Riverroamer post his picture. I got a bass and we took a picture of team slapshot showing off the Hansen brother numbers. Hope to catch this event next year.
Posted by: Misqi

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/28/13 10:54 PM

What a GREAT time!! Congrats to TheRealIceman... Way to Go. here's some pics and the crowning of the new champion video. As always, can't wait for next year. Met some new members, good fishing stories and laughs.

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/29/13 07:22 AM

Sorry to see the big Tulip (?) tree gone.

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/29/13 07:39 AM

Sorry to see the big Tulip (?) tree gone.

No kidding....would have made a great table if they cut it off a little higher. Also, that thing was big!! Stump musta been 5' wide

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/29/13 07:42 AM

Musta been a short guy on the chain saw.
Posted by: tmbrec

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/29/13 10:00 AM

Originally Posted By: PDONA
Paul D, that is my original prop that I've fixed numerous times ! biggrin pirate That darn rock pike in the creek to Chapmans ! banghead
Anyway, this year I had a very good photographer/net boy. Team LaBatts ! Great time, like we always do on Game Day ! Don't listen to him telling you I backboated him the whole day ! rawk
The stars were aligned over my head this year for once !
We started eeearly in the am at the launch, Jack brought his remote controlled spot light at the bow of my boat (freakin sweat ! ) we got to our destination and still had to wait for the sun to come up.

After casting and soaking pondies for less than 30 minutes I boat this one

30.5" and on the board ! Long time coming for me !
Jack did a superb net job , THANK YOU ! biggrin
Not much action in this area, we moved and found these 2 Kayakers
Jeff Tree_Bass and Largefry. These were taken roughly 100 yards away, excuse the quality.

We moved to spot 2, nada void of any Esox, only 2 bozos fishing for crappie
Spot 3, Jack was twitching because he didn't even get to troll yet, so into Chapmans we go !

Jack smiling ear to ear

Well, this year, we didn't even get a bump trolling, so we hit some spots casting. I had a NICE follow (knee buckler)on a big spinner bait, another follow on my PIG, and finally hook up with this 3rd placer, 31.5"

Chapmans was VERY low, we saw Paul D and Den go in with ease

Here is Team Stuck and turn around

We saw Tim P and Jeff get to the low part, and he wanted nothing to do with it, so turned around.
A bass boat had made it in there, fished for a while, then next thing you know, he GUNNNED it full plane over the sandbar to get out ! Impressive sight! Wish I had the camera for that one !!
What a great after festivities we had ! Food was awesome,good to see some old friends, and we all left before dark !

the guy you saw in the Nitro Z9 bassboat was Justin Tralli. The guy is an animal. He'll drive over anything. Its pretty crazy what he does with that giant boat.
Posted by: StarkC69

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/29/13 02:01 PM

Congrats Bobby!!
Posted by: FarmerJay

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/29/13 02:25 PM

Congratulations Bob!!!!!
Posted by: MtbMurf

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/29/13 06:03 PM

Thanks to paul and mitch and everyone for a memorable event!!!!! Had a great time met some great people!
Posted by: KeyWest Glenn

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/29/13 08:04 PM

Great time as always!! Thanks to Paul & Mitch & everyone else who contributed to put this awesome event together once again!! We had a great a great crew as Team Slapshot/MeanGreen, or whatever you wanna call us.rawkbeerchug Dozens of juicy baits, & we threw lures too!!! Congrats to Bob the champ, bowdowncatching his first Piketoberfest pike and making it count!!! Awesome net work by DaveyDave!
I wish I ate more at the picnic!! Jäger, Stella, & Spider Cider makes for one messed up dude! It was great to see all who participated & I apologize if I offended anyone.
Posted by: Tmack9200

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/30/13 07:44 AM

Baaaaaabbbbbbby!!!!!!

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/30/13 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: KeyWest Glenn
Great time as always!! Thanks to Paul & Mitch & everyone else who contributed to put this awesome event together once again!! We had a great a great crew as Team Slapshot/MeanGreen, or whatever you wanna call us.rawkbeerchug Dozens of juicy baits, & we threw lures too!!! Congrats to Bob the champ, bowdowncatching his first Piketoberfest pike and making it count!!! Awesome net work by DaveyDave!
I wish I ate more at the picnic!! Jäger, Stella, & Spider Cider makes for one messed up dude! It was great to see all who participated & I apologize if I offended anyone.

You were alittle banged up later....but you weren't on the boat and didnt drive home so have at it!! Bet you slept good LOL

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/31/13 05:09 AM

Great time guys wish I could have stayed. Had a phish concert in hartford to attend. I'll try to post that 9 lb cat pic from jeffS. I need my wifes help shrinking the image.

Re: Piketoberfest 2013 THE AFTERMATH - 10/31/13 07:54 AM

Tim, feel free to email to me and I can help.

mitch@ctfisherman.com