PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS

Posted by: PDona

PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/28/23 07:09 PM

Have at it !
Mitch P Champion 37" pike ! He took home the grand champ swag of growler, Mug, HOOKER swag, and the Vanford 500 reel. Put that on a TICKLESTICK !

We raffled off 2nd and 3rd.
Bald Pelican took 2nd and went home with some nice HOOKER swag, and Shimano Sahara reel

Keywest Glenn took 3rd and went home with some nice HOOKER swag, and lures from Shimano.

I think we'll agree this was by far THE best weather day for any PIKETOBERFEST !

I'm sure pictures will surface today on this dreary day, so have at it.

I tallied up the $$
Keywest Glenn gave extra $$ and Kapt didn't want any $$ SO I am putting $60.00 towards my 2024 CLOSER TO FREE RIDE next September 7th , 2024..

Thank you ALL who fish , have fun, and continue to make this a sucessfull event !

SIDENOTE I hope nobody gave their contact info to that lady "Lilly" working the crowd.
Her story was pretty sad, BUT a train wreck !

Posted by: Mitch P.

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/29/23 10:52 AM

Unreal weather. Good times on board with Paul and Kapt. beerchug

Fun crew for the post-fishing gathering. As usual, no one leaves hungry.

Will post pics tomorrow.
Posted by: CWood Man

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/29/23 02:39 PM

Nice Mitch!
Posted by: OldSchool

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/29/23 04:16 PM

Glad you guys had a great day and Mitch taking the honors is fantastic!

The weather day was as good as it gets and October…..well I wish it was 2 months long.
Posted by: BaldPelican

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/29/23 04:37 PM

Thanks to Paul and Mitch for organizing another fun event. Congrats to Mitch for catching a quality winning fish on a tough day. River Roamer and I fished hard but never saw a pike. Boat traffic became crazy! The after party was fun and included some interesting sights at the ramp which was very busy due to the warm weather. Actually, I won the raffle for 2nd place prizes so thanks to Thomas Hooker (and Kapt) and Shimano (and Blaine) for arranging donation of Thomas Hooker beer and glasses and a very nice Shimano Sahara reel respectively. That reel will be used for Lake Champlain SMB. Next year everyone needs to recruit one or two new people to fish and grow the event. Cheers, BaldPelican
Posted by: Tall 1

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/29/23 05:21 PM

Great job by everyone!!
It was a beautiful day!
Posted by: edkinct

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/29/23 05:41 PM

Nice job, and on a great day as well

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/29/23 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: BaldPelican
Thanks to Paul and Mitch for organizing another fun event. Congrats to Mitch for catching a quality winning fish on a tough day. River Roamer and I fished hard but never saw a pike. Boat traffic became crazy! The after party was fun and included some interesting sights at the ramp which was very busy due to the warm weather. Actually, I won the raffle for 2nd place prizes so thanks to Thomas Hooker (and Kapt) and Shimano (and Blaine) for arranging donation of Thomas Hooker beer and glasses and a very nice Shimano Sahara reel respectively. That reel will be used for Lake Champlain SMB. Next year everyone needs to recruit one or two new people to fish and grow the event. Cheers, BaldPelican

Sorry, John. I really need to mark things off on my score card. I even asked a couple of others for my CRS (Can't remember sh!T )

" That reel will be used for Lake Champlain SMB. " Pictures or it didn't happen smile1

What do we need to do to catch more pike? Joe J has pointed out September, but that is a really busy month for me.
Posted by: tommy

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/30/23 08:22 AM

Great job guys, sounds like everything went great.
Congrats Mitch, 37 inches is a nice fish.

Since I have never fished this event I really have no input but if you want to catch more Pike maybe hold the event at Bantam.
Just a thought.

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/30/23 08:23 AM

Launching before sunrise at Salmon River.

Paul and Ron on the board early with some bass.

Time to celebrate ... beer ... breakfast of champions. Kapt had us started with some awesome, freshly brewed Hooker Octoberfest.

Ron on the board again.

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/30/23 08:25 AM

Have saw, will travel ...

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/30/23 08:27 AM

A great fall view inside Chapman Pond, but no action.

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/30/23 08:35 AM

Only took over 20 years, but finally connected with a good one on a white spinner bait in one of the marinas.

Heart was pumping a bit with no net on board, but thankfully, Ron came through with the boga and I didn't have to make a phone call. biggrin

Needless to say, we were all pumped when the fish came on board! beerchug A fat one, right at 37 inches. Released and swam away fine.

Thanks to Capt. Paul for leading another angler to a Piketoberfest win. It's a lucky boat, for sure.

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/30/23 08:37 AM

We had a good crew with unreal weather for a great post-fishing gathering.

Awesome to have "Dad" Dona with us. Nice for Jighead and Paul D. to visit.

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/30/23 08:39 AM

Of course, no one leaves hungry!

Paul's traditional pea soup and Kapt's chili were phenomenal!

Kapt didn't skimp on extras and had a hearty batch ready to go for when we got off the water!

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/30/23 08:41 AM

Thank to Paul for pulling it all together again, including the mugs and growler. Thanks to Kapt. and Hooker for the nice prize spread. And, thanks to Blaine for kicking in some great Shimano prizes!

Keywest Glenn scoring in the raffle.

Kapt organizing ... and our interesting guest for the day ... Lilly.

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/30/23 08:43 AM

Originally Posted By: tommy
Great job guys, sounds like everything went great.
Congrats Mitch, 37 inches is a nice fish.

Since I have never fished this event I really have no input but if you want to catch more Pike maybe hold the event at Bantam.
Just a thought.

Tommy, yes, could be a nice change up to go to Bantam. We did it at Lilly one year, too.
Posted by: Don P

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/30/23 09:50 AM

Congrats to Mitch for the WIN!!!!!…and all who attended this longest lasting CTF event!!!! Awesome!!!

I was out of state.

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/30/23 10:11 AM

Awesome recap, Mitch !
I am NOT apposed to having this at Bantam! I got a nice pike there at our Toilet Bowl event cha

Lilly was a total let down.

What ever it takes to get the same or more interest I'm in !
Posted by: Jighead

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/30/23 10:43 AM

Very nice fish Mitch !!!

I was in the neighborhood and a little thirsty from doing some treestand work so I stopping in. Good to see some old and new faces.

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/30/23 11:52 AM

Glad you stopped by Walt. Always good to catch up!
Posted by: JohnS

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/30/23 06:40 PM

Nice fish Mitch, I was on a plane to JFK from Italy and was wondering if anyone was catching any pike. 20 years is the charm. beerchug Nice job keeping the tradition alive.
Posted by: LegalFish

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 10/31/23 01:47 PM

Congrats Mitch. Nice pike.

Alfonzo
Posted by: Blaine

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 11/01/23 09:42 AM

Looks like a great time... I really miss these events! Someday I will get back up there to meet up with the gang again!
Posted by: Don D

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 11/01/23 02:11 PM

I wanted to make the picnic. It just wasn't in the cards for me. Congrats Mitch on a great fish.
Posted by: joe sabas the fishin magician

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 11/04/23 01:38 PM

WOW WOW WEE WOW !!! Hello Everyone ,Congrats Mitch on an awesome Catch and WINN !!!Sorry I've been just tooo busy here in Sunny Florida, Pretty much switched over to salt water inshore fishing here in Jupiter and Loving it,,, I'm a Member of Salt Strong and Now that I've Lost over 200LBS. I'm Kayak fishing and Got a Boat like O'bass' aluminum Rig and can get everywhere in it. Anyway I really Miss fishing Piketoberfest one of my most favorite and memorable events ... Maybe Next year I'll try mto make it. Tight Line Y'all...
Posted by: Don P

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 11/04/23 03:16 PM

Wow! Sounds great Joe! Good stuff!!!

Re: PIKETOBERFEST 2023 RESULTS - 11/10/23 10:15 AM

Originally Posted By: joe sabas the fishin magician
WOW WOW WEE WOW !!! Hello Everyone ,Congrats Mitch on an awesome Catch and WINN !!!Sorry I've been just tooo busy here in Sunny Florida, Pretty much switched over to salt water inshore fishing here in Jupiter and Loving it,,, I'm a Member of Salt Strong and Now that I've Lost over 200LBS. I'm Kayak fishing and Got a Boat like O'bass' aluminum Rig and can get everywhere in it. Anyway I really Miss fishing Piketoberfest one of my most favorite and memorable events ... Maybe Next year I'll try mto make it. Tight Line Y'all...

Awesome Joe! Share some FL reports with us here on CTF!