A Few Smallies Today

Posted by: Tall 1

A Few Smallies Today - 04/26/24 08:16 PM

The water was very low where I fished today, but I still scratched out 3 decent smallies.
A jig, fluke and a swamp guppy all worked.
I also had a close call when I slipped in the mud and fell on my wading pole and broke it with my femur, and buried a hook past the barb in my finger nail!
Good times!
Pulling the hook didn’t work the first attempt, it only increased the throbbing 100%, but the 2nd attempt worked.
Go fishing they said…. It will be funnn!!

Posted by: tommy

Re: A Few Smallies Today - 04/26/24 08:21 PM

Man, that really had to hurt.
Fun,fun, fun, but at least you caught a few.
Posted by: Don D

Re: A Few Smallies Today - 04/26/24 11:01 PM

Tough day Jon. Could of broke your leg instead of the staff. I have buried more hooks than I care to count. Only one had a barb on it cause I use basically barbless hooks. Man, the one with the barb I couldn't get out till I remembered the line trick I read about years ago.
Posted by: air leak

Re: A Few Smallies Today - 04/27/24 03:40 AM

Whoa, ouch!

Nice smallies Jon!
Posted by: Don P

Re: A Few Smallies Today - 04/27/24 08:27 AM

Well those great smallies came at a price! Glad it wasn’t anything too serious.
Posted by: hornhunter

Re: A Few Smallies Today - 04/27/24 06:56 PM

Great outing Jon!Glad you didn’t get hurt bad.
Posted by: OldSchool

Re: A Few Smallies Today - 04/27/24 08:12 PM

Ouch is right!

River water is not so clean so a good soak in peroxide I’m sure must have happened.

What depth is best this time of year?

I’ve only fished north of Hartford a few times but your wading trips seem very productive!
Posted by: JohnS

Re: A Few Smallies Today - 04/28/24 05:49 AM

Man that nail shot! Talk about toughing it out. Man you earned those fish the hard way no doubt. eek thumbsup
Posted by: Buck

Re: A Few Smallies Today - 04/28/24 09:54 AM

Must have been a tough fall to break a wading staff. And a hook through the nail! Not a good start but a good finish.