*** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund ***

Posted by: Mitch P.

*** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/17/10 01:03 PM

All,

At last night’s quarterly Fisheries Advisory Council (FAC) Meeting, DEP officials relayed the latest information on how to get your refund.

First the good news. You will be able to get a credit.

You must use a mail-in form or go to one of the below DEP locations
The only way to get your credit is to purchase your 2011 license using a mail-in form or in person at one of the DEP locations below. Starting on or before December 1, the 2011 licenses will be available at the DEP website and at all of the following DEP locations:
- Hartford
- Old Lyme
- Marlborough
- Harwinton
- Sessions Woods Wildlife Management Area (Burlington)

The mail-in form will be also be available on the DEP website and at DEP offices on or before December 1.

There will be some type of list on the DEP website (they haven’t figured out the exact format yet) that will indicate what credit amount you qualify for that can be applied to your 2011 license purchase. Once you have the credit amount, you apply it to the 2011 fee, giving you the reduced total, and then you mail-in the form with payment.

If you go to one of the DEP offices to purchase your 2011 license, you will receive your credit. No form is necessary to obtain the credit if you buy the license there. The forms will be there if you want to give them to other people to use who cannot get to one of the DEP offices.

Now the bad news …

Unfortunately, there is a no way to get your credit if you buy your 2011 license online. Again, you must use the mail-in form or go to one of the DEP offices to purchase your 2011 license and get your credit.

Also, unfortunately, this mail-in method cuts the tackle shops out of the transaction. You cannot pay your fee directly to the tackle shop. However, the shops may have the mail-in forms available for you at their location (that is still TBD).

According to the official I spoke to last night, he assured me that they explored all avenues, but the mail-in form is how they must do this.

If you have any questions, let me know and I’ll do my best to answer. I asked a lot of questions last night. And, I may be getting some official language directly from DEP today.

*** 9/22 update ***
DEP now has information on its website here:
http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=2690&Q=458902&depNav_GID=1511

*** 9/24 update ***
There is now an FAQ section on the DEP website regarding getting your refund:
http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=2696&Q=466250&depNav_GID=1511

Also, there is a list of names of who is eligible:
http://www.ct.gov/dep/lib/dep/business_forms/CustomerCreditList.pdf

Link to reprint or purchase a license
https://ct.outdoorcentral.net/InternetSales/LicenseSale.aspx
Posted by: Blaine

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/17/10 01:13 PM

LOL... Make it as inconvenient as possible and maybe everyone will forfeit that credit.
Posted by: MOONSHINER

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/17/10 01:35 PM

I have to agree with you Blaine . They figure that most of us will forfeit the money because of the inconveniens . TOTAL BS
Posted by: chris med

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/17/10 01:49 PM

SINCE when did Paper vs internet make sense !!!??? wtf What a bunch of scumbags, that's EXACTLY what they're trying to do........F'm gimme some paper...................
Posted by: ecurB

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/17/10 02:14 PM

In this day and age of computerization it seems mighty strange that the state doesnt have the capability or knowledge to issue credits based on the information stored in the system .

When you go to the supermarket and they swipe your customer card the info is stored , tracked , your coupons are generated based on your buying history , future inventory is planned based on demographic tastes , etc....
But the state doesnt have some computer guru who can write a program to issue refunds ?

I know some computer geeks who would be laughing so hard at this they'd be choking on their 00011100010011111's .

Only in CT......

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/17/10 02:38 PM

OK, just got some good news!

In addition to the mail-in form, you can also buy your 2011 license (and get your credit) in-person at one of the DEP locations listed above.

I just clarified the wording in the first post.

I'll keep updating everyone as I know more.

As of now, still no online option to get the credit.

DEP may have some official language in the coming days, but that is what I know for now.

Sincerely,

The messenger (don't shoot ) pray

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/17/10 02:50 PM

I just hope it doesnt turn into "Nightmare on Elm Street"..... biggrin
Posted by: MOONSHINER

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/17/10 03:19 PM

Still BS You should get the refund at the same place you got SCREWED to start with . In my case Mikes Bait and Tackle in Voluntown .
Posted by: Blaine

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/17/10 03:28 PM

Yep, charge the tackle shops $1800 for the privilege of selling a license and then take the means to actually pay for the equipment away... Freakin' GREAT!

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/17/10 03:36 PM

HAHAHA yeah didn't even think of that!!!!! what a bunch of geniuses!!!

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/17/10 04:28 PM

Another detail I just added to the first post:

If you go to one of the DEP offices to purchase your 2011 license, you will receive your credit. No form is necessary to obtain the credit if you buy the license there. The forms will be there if you want to give them to other people to use who cannot get to one of the DEP offices.
Posted by: gboutdoors

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/18/10 11:25 AM

What a clusterFK. But why on earth would I expect anything less? The DEP has lots of nice folks working there, who really do care about many issues important to sportsmen,but their ability to execute anything in a clean, sensable manner is sorely lacking.
Posted by: Tmack9200

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/18/10 11:34 AM

And this is just fishiing licenses...... To think how our countries money is run and managed eek2
Posted by: Conrad G.

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/18/10 11:38 AM

LOL Shocker deadhorse
Posted by: macattack678

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/18/10 12:44 PM

Ok, the nearest place I can get my credit is Old Lyme. Thats 35.5 miles from my house. Thats 71 miles round trip. My truck gets around 18 mpg. At $2.80/gal that come out to just over $11.00. How much is the credit going to be? I don't care if I wind up loosing money on the trip. I'll be Damned if I'm going to let the state keep it. banghead On top of that, I can't print out as many copies as I want/need. I like to print out copies for each tackle box. In this day and age, the thought that it can't be done on line is ridicules.
Posted by: John from Mystic

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/18/10 03:50 PM

Uh, Mac, don't forget the state tax on gasoline.
stirthepot
Posted by: SouthBound

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/18/10 09:10 PM

Mac the states going to win any way we look at.
Posted by: OHMYGOD

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/18/10 09:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Blaine
LOL... Make it as inconvenient as possible and maybe everyone will forfeit that credit.

You got that right Blaine.

That's okay...........I'll make that trip to Hartford. smile1

THANKS MITCH!
Posted by: EnCon Police

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/18/10 10:33 PM

Mitch, thanks for posting.

I ran into Bill Hyatt at a meeting yesterday and he updated me on what's going on. Before that I was under the impression that it was going to be an automatic credit when you buy next year's license. (Sorry for any confusion on other posts where I indicated that it was an automatic credit on next year's license....I was misinformed).

We (DEP) do not run the website that you buy your license from. It's a vendor that handles licenses for a number of different states. When I talked to Bill about it he advised me that the vendor would charge the state a large amount of money to rewrite the program to include the credits for overpayments this year, except it would probably cost more to reprogram than the total amount of license fee credits. Obviously that's not going to work. Apparently it is easy to increase or decrease the license pricing on the computer, but not so much for the credit. So, they are cutting out the vendor for the credits and handling it in-house. That's why you have to go to one of the 5 field offices or if you prefer, you can mail the form in to get your credit.

I know, it's not perfect.....but it doesn't make any sense to pay more for the computer programming than the total amount of credit that is going to be applied.

We (DEP) did not implement the license fee increases last year. That was done by the legislature. The department had been working towards an online licensing system for a number of years and finally got it off the ground and operational....then the increases were thrown in, then they were changed.

And if you come to Harwinton (Western District HQ) to get your credit....and you see the grey Crown Vic in the driveway, stop and say Hi.

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/18/10 10:51 PM

Skip, I know that it is not you guys and I truley appriciate all you all do..... but it is just frustrating.... I'm in the eastern part of the state but if I ever get out there, I wouldf love to stop and say Hi.

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/18/10 11:11 PM

Mac, we're frustrated too. We had to pay the increased fees just like you guys....we don't get a break. Even though DEP was not the driving force behind the fee increases we still get the brunt of the criticism. We're trying to come up with the most workable and cost effective method of getting the credits applied to everyone who bought their licenses after the increase and before the decrease. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, this should only be a one time thing. I know it's inconvenient for a lot of people who don't live near one of the 5 field offices, so for all of you I would suggest the mail in form. I'll keep an eye on the DEP website and post the info about the form as soon as it's available.

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/18/10 11:23 PM

Thanks ENCON, I appriciate all you do.
Posted by: Capt. Alewife

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/20/10 05:48 PM

Quote:
Make it as inconvenient as possible and maybe everyone will forfeit that credit.

thats what all those crooks want , or hope at least, !!

I for one will be doing WHATEVER it takes to get that credit. Sounds like a drive to hartford to get some BS "form" . Couldn't they just look at the issue date on they're fancy high tech computer system from any location to tell when you bought it last year.??? NO WAY that'd be the RIGHT THING TO DO!.

total bs..

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/20/10 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Capt. Alewife
Quote:
Make it as inconvenient as possible and maybe everyone will forfeit that credit.

I for one will be doing WHATEVER it takes to get that credit. Sounds like a drive to hartford to get some BS "form" . Couldn't they just look at the issue date on they're fancy high tech computer system from any location to tell when you bought it last year.??? NO WAY that'd be the RIGHT THING TO DO!.

total bs..

Originally Posted By: Mitch P.
All,

At last night’s quarterly Fisheries Advisory Council (FAC) Meeting, DEP officials relayed the latest information on how to get your refund.

First the good news. You will be able to get a credit.

You must use a mail-in form or go to one of the below DEP locations
The only way to get your credit is to purchase your 2011 license using a mail-in form or in person at one of the DEP locations below. Starting on or before December 1, the 2011 licenses will be available at the DEP website and at all of the following DEP locations:
- Hartford
- Old Lyme
- Marlborough
- Harwinton
- Sessions Woods Wildlife Management Area (Burlington)

The mail-in form will be also be available on the DEP website and at DEP offices on or before December 1.

Originally Posted By: EnCon Police
Mitch, thanks for posting.

I ran into Bill Hyatt at a meeting yesterday and he updated me on what's going on. Before that I was under the impression that it was going to be an automatic credit when you buy next year's license. (Sorry for any confusion on other posts where I indicated that it was an automatic credit on next year's license....I was misinformed).

We (DEP) do not run the website that you buy your license from. It's a vendor that handles licenses for a number of different states. When I talked to Bill about it he advised me that the vendor would charge the state a large amount of money to rewrite the program to include the credits for overpayments this year, except it would probably cost more to reprogram than the total amount of license fee credits. Obviously that's not going to work. Apparently it is easy to increase or decrease the license pricing on the computer, but not so much for the credit. So, they are cutting out the vendor for the credits and handling it in-house. That's why you have to go to one of the 5 field offices or if you prefer, you can mail the form in to get your credit.

I know, it's not perfect.....but it doesn't make any sense to pay more for the computer programming than the total amount of credit that is going to be applied.
Posted by: mrbassman

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/20/10 08:39 PM

captain as much as the situation is complete b.s. i and many others appreciate your efforts on getting the info as soon as possible and most importantly cut the red tape and give us the end result
Posted by: RayP

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/20/10 08:50 PM

Looks like they are trying to screw us again. They are making it as inconvenient as possible so maybe some of us will forfeit that credit.
Just another tax in disguise.

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/20/10 08:51 PM

Originally Posted By: mrbassman
captain as much as the situation is complete b.s. i and many others appreciate your efforts on getting the info as soon as possible and most importantly cut the red tape and give us the end result

I agree .
This seems to be one of "those things" along the line of the Legislature creating a problem which bit them in the ass , then dropping the ball into the DEP's lap and saying "Fix it" .
I'll be going to Hartford to get my 2011 license , and I'll be greeting the person at the desk with a big grin .
I'll bet that the person I deal with will be nice to me , and things will be easy as pie .

Walk in with an attitude towards someone who had nothing to do with your misery and the whole deal is almost guaranteed to be unpleasant .

Just my $00.02 .
Posted by: Richp

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/22/10 01:51 PM

I have a question- how early in advance can we do this? Say I want to do it now, could I?

I ask because I can only imagine it won't be a quick process and would hate to have delays in getting it. If i want to go fishing, I don't want to be delayed cause I'm waiting for my licence.

I may just forfeit the credit as I prefer the online option so I can print multiple copies for different boxes, hats and boats.

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/22/10 03:30 PM

DEP now has information about the credit on its website:

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/22/10 04:34 PM

Mail in option

A form to purchase your license, permit or tags by mail when redeeming a credit will be available on line at www.ct.gov/dep/sportsmensfeereduction after December 1, 2010.

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/24/10 04:18 PM

All,

There is now an FAQ section on the DEP website regarding getting your refund:

Also, there is a list of names of who is eligible:
http://www.ct.gov/dep/lib/dep/business_forms/CustomerCreditList.pdf

I'll send a CTF t-shirt to the person with the lowest Conservation ID# on that list. biggrin Post here or PM to win. I'll announce the winner on Oct. 15.

My # is 148382

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/24/10 04:29 PM

FAQs here:

http://www.ctfisherman.com/ubbthreads/ub...rni#Post1253325
Posted by: Louie-Louie

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 09/25/10 03:26 PM

Sweet.
Posted by: BIG AL

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 10/09/10 03:05 PM

I looked mine up and I got a $58.00 credit coming. I'm lucky. We got an office in Marlborough.

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 10/18/10 02:08 PM

Congrats to Big Al, he's the winner of a CTF t-shirt.

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 12/03/10 01:47 PM

Just received this email from DEP:

Quote:
Dear Connecticut Hunters and Anglers,

You are being sent this email because you may be entitled to a credit toward your purchase of 2011 fishing and hunting licenses.

During the 2010 session of the General Assembly, legislation was approved and signed into law in April reducing many of the fees for sportsmen’s licenses and permits. This was followed in June by legislation authorizing a credit to be applied against the fee for any 2011 sportsmen’s license, permit or tag when purchase of a license, permit or tag had been made at the higher prices in place between October 1, 2009 and April 14, 2010. The credit amount will be the difference between the higher amount paid during that time period and the amount set by the new fee structure established April 14, 2010.

If you bought a 2010 hunting or fishing license prior to April 14, 2010, you may be entitled to a refund. To learn more about this credit and to see if you are eligible, visit www.ct.gov/dep/sportsmensfeereduction
Posted by: PDona

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 12/07/10 05:23 PM

I just got my license down to the Marine Headquarters in Old Lyme.
It was a smooth process.applause On an impulse buy, I even got my Archery permit for next year ! ! biggrin

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 12/08/10 10:54 PM

A little bump for those getting ready to get their 2011 license.

FAQ on getting a credit:

Posted by: Frank

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 12/08/10 10:57 PM

I was in Old Lyme today and grabbed my license at the Marine Headquarters. Quite a bargain over last year!!!!
Posted by: Trooper_Bri

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 12/09/10 12:10 AM

32 bucks for the all water license, minus my 18 dollar credit = a check for 14 bucks. Mailed it in this morning, and I can print it out next week.

Easy...

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 12/09/10 10:43 AM

I went to Old Lyme,.....they are great there,...had a 22.oo credit which paid for my my muzzletags..........took less than 10 minutes to get everything resolved and all new locenses for next year!!
Posted by: JohnS

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 12/12/10 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Trooper Bri
32 bucks for the all water license, minus my 18 dollar credit = a check for 14 bucks. Mailed it in this morning, and I can print it out next week.

Easy...

Same here and done.

This one good reason to belong to this website. Mitch is always on top of things.
Posted by: Dsouth

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 12/16/10 09:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Richp
I have a question- how early in advance can we do this? Say I want to do it now, could I?

I ask because I can only imagine it won't be a quick process and would hate to have delays in getting it. If i want to go fishing, I don't want to be delayed cause I'm waiting for my licence.

I may just forfeit the credit as I prefer the online option so I can print multiple copies for different boxes, hats and boats.

"Mail in option

A form to purchase your license, permit or tags by mail when redeeming a credit will be available on line at www.ct.gov/dep/sportsmensfeereduction after December 1, 2010."

I filled out the form and mailed a check for the balance for my 2011 in on Dec 4. The form said it would take about 10 days so i'm hoping to recieve my new 2011 license before the 1st of the year. Today is day #12 confused2 and I'm still waiting...
I don't understand why CT made us waited till Dec 1st for the mail in form? Guys will be goning into 2011 waiting for there new 2011 REFUND License to show up is BS.
Why not online so we could print something out till the license shows up in the mail like most states do?
Posted by: Bent Twig

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 12/16/10 10:27 AM

I agree how can they possibly say the mail in option is easier than putting it in online................I did mine yesterday, fingers crossed.

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 12/16/10 11:17 AM

I haven't heard anyone say it was "easier."

According to a DEP official I spoke to in person, the reason they didn't do it online was because the system doesn't have the functionality to factor in the credit when making a new purchase. It's a new system that an outside vendor set up for them.

Of course, the ability COULD be built in, but it would require time and extra money they'd have to pay to the vendor. Instead of going that route, the mail-in system was the best they could do for now.

Take it for what it's worth. Not the answer we want to hear, but I believe he was being honest.

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 12/16/10 12:44 PM

Clarification regarding getting your license

DEP is not printing and mailing out the 2011 licenses to those using the mail-in credit form.

Straight from the DEP FAQ page:

How do I get my license if I use the mail-in form?
Seven to ten business days after you mail the form and payment to DEP, the on-line sportsmen’s licensing system will be updated and you can go into the system and print your license. You can also go to any Town Clerk’s office or retail vendor and ask them to print your license.

If you have any questions, call DEP Licensing at 860-424-3105.
Posted by: Bent Twig

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 12/16/10 01:18 PM

Thanks for the clarification Mitch, makes sense to me.
Posted by: Dsouth

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 12/17/10 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Mitch P.
Clarification regarding getting your license

DEP is not printing and mailing out the 2011 licenses to those using the mail-in credit form.

Seven to ten business days after you mail the form and payment to DEP, the on-line sportsmen’s licensing system will be updated and you can go into the system and print your license. You can also go to any Town Clerk’s office or retail vendor and ask them to print your license.

Thanks Mitch. beerchug
I was able to print + make a copy of my 2011 license. tipup party2 tipup
Posted by: Joe Grenus

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 12/20/10 11:13 PM

Just did the refund by mail and got 58 bucks off. Was'nt to hard. We'll see in 10 days.
Posted by: double header

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 12/21/10 07:04 PM

I sent for mine by mail 3 weeks ago and it still has not come back.

Come January 1, and I do not have my licence , then I will be bringing my application copy and they better not ticket me.

Correction: just read on the application that you can down load and print the licence after 10 days.
Posted by: spikehorn

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 12/29/10 04:35 AM

I decided to use the mail in method. About 10 days after mailing I received my completed form and a sticky note stating I failed to include a firearms license needed for the other choices I made. To fix the error it said I needed to choose the firearms option and submit another check with the correct amount.

With my contact information on the form (email & phone), I wondered why I wasn't contacted so I could simply purchase the firearms license online and then they could process my request?

I called the DEP and asked the question. The person I spoke with said they didn't have time to contact people with issues and mail them back. Then why bother filling out contact info???

I checked the DEP website today and everything is all set.

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 12/29/10 07:36 PM

I drove out to Old Lyme this afternoon. It was pretty painless. In and out. $32 credit towds the cost of this years licences. My one concern was if I would be able to print extra copies if I lost one or to keep in all of my tackle boxes. That is not a problem. I can log into the licencing section of the DEP's web site and print as many as I want.
Posted by: PDona

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 12/29/10 07:42 PM

I photocopied 4 more, and packing " tape laminated " them just now..
I have a license in my truck, boat, wallet, home and the spare at work.

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 12/29/10 07:52 PM

Exactly Paul!

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 12/29/10 08:20 PM

I went into Hartford today for mine , 5 minutes in and out .
People there were really nice , seems that if you tell them you know it wasnt their doing that they warm up real quick !
Posted by: the moose is loose

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 01/01/11 06:31 PM

Great, so if i am missing something here, the tackle shop i puchaced my licence won't give me the rebate. I have to travel whatever distance to get it.

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 01/01/11 07:01 PM

You don't have to travel. You can do it via mail.

See this page for details:
Posted by: csj59

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 01/01/11 07:05 PM

I mailed mine in on Dec 3rd. Still no word from the state about how to get my 2011 license. It is so typical of the State of CT to have such a screwed up refund procedure. I doubt I will be bothered by a DEP officer if checked for my license but tomorow I start fishing with out it. Maybe I should carry the cancelled check as proof. Does anyone else have any idea when the DEP will release any info.

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 01/01/11 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: csj59
I mailed mine in on Dec 3rd. Still no word from the state about how to get my 2011 license.

After you use the mail-in form, the state isn't going to contact you and they aren't going to mail you a new license. They make you work a bit to get the new license.

Posted by: csj59

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 01/01/11 07:30 PM

Thanks Mitch. I had been on the DEP site but didnt know to click on reprint license. I was expecting a more direct link or better directions. Thanks for the help.
Posted by: MermaidCT

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 01/04/11 06:40 PM

Old Lyme HQ is 4 miles from work, I'll go there tomorrow at lunch. Thanks Mitch for all the info!
Posted by: Winston Ortega

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 01/04/11 07:05 PM

Ok so to print out the form to mail in for your license go here:

http://www.ct.gov/dep/lib/dep/natural_resources/sportsmenlicensecreditredemption.pdf

It's a pdf print it and mail it in. Check is made out to DEP per DEP office.

I went to the post office bought a money order and a stamp
I am keeping that in my wallet as proof and going fishing TODAY.

If I get questioned I will provide proof. I hope I get questioned
and ticketed so I can take this to the highest court of the land.
:p
Posted by: Huskybass

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 01/06/11 01:47 PM

The mail in method seems to be working well. I sent in my payment on December 30th and my license was ready to print as of January 4th.
Posted by: Louie-Louie

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 01/06/11 01:59 PM

I stopped in Hartford on Tuesday and received $40.00 credit which pretty much covered all my new licenses and my wife's salt water.
In and out in 5 minutes.
Posted by: BASSMANinCT

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 01/06/11 08:05 PM

You will now be able to buy your 2011 liscenses at 2 upcoming Sportsman Shows and get the credit applied there. See the site for more details:

Quote:
To obtain a credit, you must purchase your 2011 license, permit or tag by mail, at the Hartford Boat Show or Northeast Fishing & Hunting Show,

Posted by: MCASS31

All Water License: Mailed in Renewal with refund: charged but no license. - 01/09/11 04:10 PM

I located my refund amount on the DEP website. Back on 12/7/10 I mailed in the form with a check for the difference. The DEP cashed my check on 12/23/10.

The DEP deposited my check, but I have no received my license. Do I get it in the mail, or do I show up as "paid" in the system and can get it at an office or tackle shop?

License Renewal Snag - 01/09/11 04:12 PM

Posted this in the DEP thread too, but wanted to see if anyone is having this same issue:

Sent in my license renewal form to DEP along with the refund difference for an "All Waters License". The DEP cashed my check on Dec. 23 but I'm still waiting for a license.

Do they mail them to the angler or do I have to pick up at a DEP location or tackle shop?
Posted by: Huskybass

Re: License Renewal Snag - 01/09/11 04:22 PM

You can print it out from your home computer. There is another thread with a link on how to do it.

Re: License Renewal Snag - 01/09/11 04:24 PM

Okay- I want to make sure that it shows that I'm "paid", and I just need to print it.

I'll punch in my angler ID # and see what happens. Thanks.
Posted by: Joe Grenus

Re: License Renewal Snag - 01/09/11 04:34 PM

Just go to reprint license and it will be there.

Re: License Renewal Snag - 01/10/11 12:33 PM

My check has cleared, but I can't reprint the license, it wants
to charge me another $32..............WTF
I did it by mail so I wouldn't have to go to down town Hartford........

I'll keep trying, but why don't they just mail out the licenses????

Re: License Renewal Snag - 01/10/11 12:35 PM

Rox, I recommend calling DEP Licensing to get some help.

860-424-3105

Must be a mistake they can hopefully rectify for you.

I mailed mine just after Christmas, and was surprised how fast they turned it around and I was able to print my 2011 license.

Good luck.
Posted by: ***Coach Paul***

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 01/11/11 02:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Capt. Alewife
Quote:

total bs..

and if you notice the hours you can "visit" the offices, 8:30 to 4:00 M-F, WTF, does anyone have to work? SUCH F-IN BULLSHIP

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 01/11/11 07:37 PM

Its all good, I printed out my 2011 license.
So I got $12 off my all waters license, I'm ready for Fluke fish Ed. smile1
Posted by: Iwona

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 01/21/11 11:29 PM

Not that fast this year! I'll wait to last day in case if they come with another great idea how to ***** my money again laugh
Posted by: thevinman

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 01/22/11 12:03 AM

I got my refund and licence online via the mail-in option...it was pretty easy and painless...
Posted by: Misqi

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 04/08/11 10:38 PM

Picked up my licence today, in and out in roughly 5 minutes (including discount). DEP main office in Hebron, nice place and nice people, very friendly and courteous.
Posted by: mattmann7

Re: *** Latest update: How to get your fishing license fee refund *** - 04/09/11 10:20 AM

Same here in Hebron Friday. Piece of cake with the refund. Be sure to bring cash or a check.