9/11 God Bless America

Posted by: Tackleman

9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/02 11:06 AM

Tough day for everyone!! God Bless all those who died 1 year ago today and prays to all of their family and friends.
Posted by: Frank

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/02 12:14 PM

We will never forget.

A prayer for all those that died and those that lost a loved one.

God Bless America

Frank
Posted by: Keith T.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/02 03:33 PM

MY HEART GOES OUT TO THOSE WHO LOST SOMEONE.....
Posted by: jimmy

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/02 05:10 PM

This site lists the names and photos of everyone who was killed

Its pretty crazy. Like 10 pages of peoples names who start with "M" with like 30 people on a page.

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2001/memorial/lists/by-name/page59.html

its feels weird reading the profiles for each of the people, feel connnected to them. I think the server with all NYtimes profiles is overloaded today.
Posted by: Michael-SW CT

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/12/02 11:07 PM

God Bless America ;\) . My home sweet home. I love going into the city. Anywhere from Boston to NYC, DC to Miami, Denver to LA. But since I live just about 1 1/2 hours away from NYC, that's where I like going the most. I Love New York . Visit New York City.

9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/06 08:38 AM

I don't know about everyone else.... but I think today is a sad sad day. Every year 9/11 makes me so somber I don't wanna do anything. Now after 5 years it disturbs me still.....

What a tragedy, so many heros, so many dead, so many lives changed in one day.

God bless all those who passed 5 years ago.
People who die while trying to recue others are special heros indeed.

I don't know.... it's gonna be a long sad day I think.

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/06 12:32 PM

Pat,

This day leaves a knot in my stomach that will most likely never go away. For a very long time I watched many of the families try to deal with what happened on that day 5 years ago. The men and women that died that day are heroes as are the families that have gone on with their lives.

God Bless them all. NEVER FORGET

Posted by: finn-addic

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/06 12:41 PM

Well said T-man and Frank.
Posted by: strypertime

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/06 04:21 PM

Frank I think we should make those two or either a home page!Someone with pull or influence please talk to mitch!
Posted by: Searcher

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/06 04:48 PM

I have been glued to the Tv the last several evenings watching the old news coverage. I agree with Frank I also have a knot in my stomach this morning. So many good men and women who's lifes were lost, so many families left to suffer the pain. I couldn't sleep this morning hung my flag out before sunlight. I have seen that patch honoring the NYFD, NYPD and PAPD, I have to get one, wish they made it in a flag size I would fly it along side our stars and stripes everyday. Anybody know where I can get one of those?
Posted by: panman

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/06 05:43 PM

Hung mine out before I came to work too. Tough day...lot's of memories
Posted by: Crazy Ivan

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/06 06:41 PM

I have been watching 9-11 specials for the last two weeks. I am primed for today. Said a prayer this morning...
Posted by: stumpy

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/06 09:43 PM

As a career firefighter the loss of 343 FDNY firefighters was a huge impact to the fire service as a whole. My thoughts are with families of all those who lost there lives on that tragic morning.
There is a quote in one of the fire houses in Brooklyn Squad 252 at there memorial for the members they lost.
"From this day to the ending of the world
But we in it shall be rememberèd,
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers".
Posted by: CWood Man

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/06 10:12 PM

My prayers are with everyone that lost there lives, including a close family friend and one of my friends father.

I happened to be at the Science Musuem in N.J. across from the towers at an Audi event. It was chilling! We got there when the 1st tower was already burning and the Audi Instructor came down to meet us and said he just saw the 2nd plane hit. We sat on the shore and could actually hear the buildings burning and watched them fall. I was stunned! All the workers at the museum and the group of us, around 20, really couldn't believe what we were seeing. I would say we were around 5 miles away so we were pretty close.

Today really brought out some hidden emotions and probably always will! I really pray that something like this won't happen again but I truely think we aren't safe enough to prevent it from happening.
Posted by: John from Madison CT

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/06 10:33 PM

What scares me is that there are still many that wish to do the same like 9/11. The terrorists are sitting back, trying to find ways to hurt us.

However, what is more dangerous than terrorism is complacency and the unwillingness to allow our government the ability to find and root out the terrorist both here and abroad.
Posted by: BOB 06239

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/06 10:38 PM

GOD BLESS THE USA!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: strypertime

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/06 10:59 PM

Bob 06239 You just brought tears to my eyes ! May God strike down upon thee with great vengence and furious anger to those who try to wound our AMERICA !
Posted by: Fisher16

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/06 02:20 AM

Alot of well spoken thoughts and words guys. I remember that day and what I was doing.

I was with a bunch of fellow police officer's firing at the range. When one came running from his vehicle yelling that the First Tower had been hit. We were released when the second tower was hit only to return to my house to watch hopelessly as fellow Firefighters, Police Officer's, and people try to help those who were trapped injured ect.

That event was one of the scariest things personally I've been thru in my life. Because we didn't know what was going to happen next, and with all the rumors the news reporters were spreading. Finally I wish I could have done something to stop them terroist. God Bless this Great Country and all the people who believe in Freedom.
Posted by: BassnBear

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/06 10:01 AM

I too was glued to the TV last nite. What JFMC said hit the nail on the head. We CANNOT become Complacent.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Posted by: Blaine

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/06 12:36 PM

JFM... You are right on! Check this video clip out. http://www.youtube.com/v/-HlaVpqUXF0
Posted by: CAPT. HOOP

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/06 11:16 PM

I was fishing yesterday but at 8:56 central time I paused for a moment to reflect that day and the loss of lives that were needlessly removed. I am wearing a 911 braclet that bears the name of FF Carl Asaro FDNY battalion 9. I will be burried with it. His remains were found 40 feet under ground below tower #2. He was 1 of 7 from huis battalion that were lost. I had some information and a picture of him in my firefighter room but all that went with Katrina. As stated the bracelet will go with me.

I told Jo-Ann that fatal day that the air was poison and several others would die. 343 from that day as well as other heros. The sad fact is they are still dieing from that fatal day.

We will never forget our fallen brothers. God bless thier families and give them the strength that was shown by thier lost loved ones.
Posted by: OHMYGOD

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/14/06 09:25 PM

Live Free or Die.
I will never forget that Day for as Long as I live.
The Day the USA Stood Still.
I called all my family members to tell them
I Love them.
I was sure the Nuclear Plant's were next.

9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/10/03 04:40 PM

I don't mean to be a downer around here but I've got to find out how others feel. I watched detailed documentary shows the last couple nights, on the events of 2 years ago. The Towers and the Pentagon specifically. I honestly feel like it's my responsibility to honor those poor people by allowing myself to relive that incredible tragedy over again. Mostly because I don't think it's right trying to forget or avoid what happened.

But, the horror for me is still overwhelming. I can't shake it. I've been looking at my calendar everyday since Sept 1 and thinking about how all of those people died that day AT WORK. How so many tried to help others and paid for it with their lives. I'm still crushed..... I don't know if I'll ever get over this.

Do any of you still feel as caught up in this as I do??

Pat
Posted by: slacktide

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/10/03 04:52 PM

Hey Tack, Liz's folks are flying out to Slovakia that day, the devistation & damage is done, it's good to see folks move on.
I for one, still get pissed when I have to make the drive by the skyline, still looks like something's missing. Can't get used to it, don't think I ever will.

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/10/03 05:00 PM

Your right Bryan. Gotta move on... That's what bothers me so much. When it comes to this, it doesn't seem right to me to move on yet.
Posted by: slacktide

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/10/03 05:09 PM

I hear ya man.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/10/03 05:18 PM

There is a difference between moving on with life and forgetting. We must NEVER forget, but we MUST move on.

Thoughts and Prayers are with the families, friends and victims themselves.

God Bless America !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: gombi

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/10/03 05:25 PM

sometimes I think you have to look at things in a different way what would happen if both plane's had hit at the same time on the 20th floor thousands more would have died, maybe it took this event to wake up this country that you cannot negotiate with these kinds of people if you want your children and grandchildren to survive you have to kill them all, And do whatever it takes to get it done.that does not mean you forget the people lost that lives and are losing them now.
Posted by: jeffh

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/10/03 05:27 PM

your not alone Tman. I have not seen any documentary this year but that days is so vivid in my mind . I had to work in R.I that day and we had CNN on the t.v and they said that one of the towers was on fire and it may have been a plane that crashed. i called my wife and she was wathing it also and i said how could it be a plane thats a restricted air space then the 2nd plane came into view and i said now what is this ahole doing and then....still make me nausea. and watching the whole day transpire live on TV. a sad day and it still make my blood boil. I know I will never forget.
Posted by: John from Madison CT

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/10/03 05:33 PM

What horrifies me the most are the scenes of those jumping to their deaths to avoid the fires.

There are photos of some holding hands and jumping.

For most of us here, this was the defining moment of our generation. We must always remember that this happened, and do our part, as small as it can be, to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I am grateful that our President has taken this to task as his #1 priority.

John

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/10/03 05:42 PM

I know how you feel tackleman.
After two years you would think it would be easier but somehow it isn't.
As mentioned, we must NEVER forget and need to move on.
Moving on for me is catching and punishing everyone responsible, including ANY Country involved.
We knew someone who made his last cellphone call to home/family and spent the last minute of his life speaking to them.

These people, responsible for this attack, don't understand anything but might!

For those lost and their families our thoughts and prayers continue to go out to them.
Posted by: jeffh

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/10/03 05:42 PM

I always wonder how gore would have handle it. I voted for gore but was thankful bush won after these events.
Posted by: fishy1

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/10/03 05:46 PM

Without a doubt, no one of us will ever forget that day. The problem is, how do you deal with people with a mentality like that. Like a thief that sneaks up on you and bashes your head in. I'm sure some of you have seen on TV how some Palestinians brainwash their own children that it is good to blow yourself up to kill the hated Israelis. They seem to get away with it day after day, despite the extremely tight security in Israel. Death means nothing to these people, and therein lies the problem. I don't have an answer, and obviously the government hasn't figured this out either. There is no way to stop an individual from creating mayhem when you can find out how to make a bomb on the internet, and using it to kill your perceived enemies.
Posted by: Bogey

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/10/03 06:05 PM

For those of you that don't wish to forget

World Trade Center Photos

Thanks Pat

Peter

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/10/03 06:25 PM

I will always be bothered by it. Too close to home.

I had 3 little kids in my program that lost their Dads that day. Not much I could do except provide a distraction for an hour a week and waive their fees. Too little but how do you replace a father?

When I pull the boat out of Stamford to fish, the NY skyline is visible to the west. I used the Towers as a visual mark when heading from the reefs off Norwalk back to Stamford. First time I went out and headed for home, I saw a huge whole in the sky and smoke. Winterized my boat soon after that. Couldn't go out, hurt to much.

I still stare at nothing everytime I head that way and just shake my head.

Many friends got lucky that day, people I know worked within blocks. A good friend had 2 brothers and 3 cousins ALL firefighters on duty that day. They all came home.

My prayers constantly go out to those families who lost loved ones. Prayers of thanks for those who were lucky as well.

Frank

God Bless America

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/10/03 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob & Mag:
I know how you feel tackleman.
After two years you would think it would be easier but somehow it isn't.
Your right! It isn't... that's exactly how I feel....

Too many things changed that day I guess. I can vividly remember thinking when I was watching it unfold on TV that day, that life in this country would never be the same.

I was right. It's not the same. Maybe I just realized that fact, and it's part of the reason I feel the way I do today. \:\(
Posted by: reelnice

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/10/03 06:45 PM

Hi Pat-YES WE MOVE ON---BUT NEVER NEVER FORGET!!OUR LIVES CHANGED THAT DAY --MINE FOREVER--
MOST OF US WILL RELIVE THAT FATEFUL DAY TOMORROW,THAN SLOWLY RECOVER
UNITED WE STAND..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: fishingPCgeek

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/10/03 07:05 PM

Tackleman I feel the same way as you do. I have been sitiing here reading all that everyone has said and i have tears streaming down my face because I turned on the radio and all of a sudden God Bless the U.S.A started to play while I was reading it and it all seemed so un-real. I cannot believe it will be 2 years tomorrow. It seems like so many people have forgotten. I never will, the wounds are to deep and to real. Im glad you spoke up and said something because now I know im not alone.
I really want to do something tomorrow, something that will honor all of the innocent people & heros that died on that day... Even if I just go down to the ocean and light some candles.. My heart will definatly be with those that lost their lives two years ago tomorrow.

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/10/03 07:48 PM

T-man,

I was going to leave this alone until I saw the response. On the front of my truck I have a plate with the Date, the Flag and an inscription "Our Loss Will Not Be Forgotten". I have had two people comment on the plate and I just got one for my wife. I don't believe that for the most part people have forgotten. I do believe that it's hard for people to accept that we had a loss on our land caused by someone from another land. Reality has struck as to how vulnerable we really are. On that tragic day I had someone walk up to me in our main office at work and say a plane has just crashed into the World Trade Center. My reply was this has happened before, it's probably a small plane and the building can withstand that. As the events of the day unfolded my responsibilty was to maintain the composure of all my employees. To keep them busy and not think about what was happening. The first chance I got I rushed home to see for myself what had happened. Like Jeff's wife I watched the second plane hit. At this point I had no composure. I have refused to look at any coverage again. As I sit and write. The day is as vivid as the day it happened. I cried alot.Afterward I was angry, very angry. I sat and waited to see how we would respond. When we did I was so proud. Not because we were killing people alot of them innocent. But because "OUR" families and friends relatives had not died without consequence. I wear the Red,White and Blue constantly since that day. I saw alot of this right after the tragic day. I don't see it so much now. Alan Jacksons song depicts that days events perfectly. For the families who have lost friends and relatives. I can never forget. It is they who have payed the ultimate price for our freedom. We have troops paying the ultimate price daily. You know this comes to light quite often as I refuse to remove my plate. Somedays I'm proud others I'm sad. Most days I'm okay as I think of our response. The only thing I can do now is give President Bush or anyone there after my undevoted support. I only pray that America will continue it's support. I'll have to wait and see how I feel about this tommorrow. Right now it's okay.
Posted by: BWB

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/10/03 08:18 PM

Everyone will always remember exactly where they where and what they were doing on the morning of Sept. 11th.
T-Man, I hear ya...I too often find myself watching documentaries regarding that fateful day. I think its because I don't want to forget, I don't want it to go away, I want to make sure I remember that day and just how I felt. \:\(

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/11/03 11:57 AM

It does seem some have forgotten. I watch alot of news and can't for the life of me understand how some can actually find excuses for acts of terror and condemn our President for seeking it out before it gets us again. I was always very patriotic. I was proud of our country pulling together and acting as one after the horrendous attack, but now politics are priority and it's not about what's good for the country..... it's about how to win an election. I just don't get it. Each person deals with it the best they can. I try not to dwell on it and it would be my suggestion, that you do something positive to honor the families and those lost. Contribute to your favorite charity or just give blood, become a potential organ donor, visit the infirmed, volunteer for a couple of hours. Do something for someone that can't do for themselves. This site can make a huge contribution to humanity and the type of people on this site are just they kind needed to make a difference.
Posted by: seeforellen

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/11/03 12:13 PM

kill em all

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/11/03 06:01 PM

it makes me wanna cry every time i think about that day. i don't think i am as trustful of people today as i once was.
my sister lives in lower manhattan and i was petrified that something had happened to her. she used to shop there all the time.
i knew some of the people that perished and just the thought of never seeing them again or you know.
i hope the get bin laden i think he and all like him need to be publicly tortured so he would have a slow and painful death.
Sadam i was happy when they killed his boys serves them right.
now they're saying that the fumes were toxic where does that leave my family and the families of others ?
I hate what these MFers did and i hate the fact that my life and the lives of others have changed because they hate us for who we are.
i say get a big f'n bomb and just take out that entire middle eastern section. pakastan, iran, iraq, jordan the palastinians can go too. and France just because. did i leave anyone out.
leave isreal i like that place. without the palastinians around they could be cool

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/12/03 01:18 AM

Germany????

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/12/03 02:10 AM

Please remember for all their sake.
Posted by: Richg

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/12/03 02:20 AM

Millie, you go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Don D

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/12/03 02:58 AM

Still horrible to think that could happen in our country. And it WILL happen again. It is only a matter of time before some other nuts do something. As DonP said, "We must move on but we must NEVER!!!!!!!! forget". And as John of Madison said "What horrifies me the most are the scenes of those jumping to their deaths to avoid the fires."

"There are photos of some holding hands and jumping." Makes me very \:\(
Posted by: Hac1776

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/13/03 06:44 PM

As I saw the children reading the names on the 11th, I was angered and saddenend. It's truly sad that some would consider such terrorist acts as heroic, when it is down right cowardly. What gets me upset is that our "ever vigilante" president still hasn't confirmed the death of both Bin Laden and Saddam. The heroes in my view are the NYPD/NYFD personnel. And even after such heroic deeds, the F'n Mayor is cutting costs to those depts. What the F!! That's why I don't think that he'll win re-election. He made himself seem like "the regular guy", and it's turning out that he's worse that Rudy ever was.
Posted by: spin

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/13/03 09:13 PM

The Mayor had to cut costs because the Federal Government did not come through with the promised funding. The President has used this tragedy for political gain, (i.e. implying Saddam was involved in the Trade Center terrorism so he could attack Iraq) invoking 9/11 whenever he thinks it will help further his political agenda and standing. He is despicable. The policemen, firefighters, office workers, and their families deserve better than that.
Posted by: seeforellen

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/13/03 09:33 PM

i think thier country would make a beautiful glass ash tray ,dont you?
Posted by: MarkO

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/14/03 03:40 AM

Ditto from top to bottom. Now folks is the time to be ever so dilegent. All of our local law enforcement is now tied to Homeland Security. If you see anything that is REMOTELY suspicious call 911. You sure as hell don't want to be the person that could prevented a tragedy but didn't because.....
Posted by: IWANNABOAT

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/14/03 04:48 AM

Sitting at work right now reading over this thread makes me proud that i belong to this board. With the way the people here feel and for T-Man to start this thread.I have not met many of you i hope to in the future. Yes and i agree we need to move on. If we do not move on then the terrorists have won.
Working for a fire dept.(like im sure there are alot on this board) makes me look at those sacrifices the FDNY/NYPD did on that day. Just doing there job, doing what they were trained to do. Them running up the towers while everyone else is running out. I am not a firefighter i am a 911 dispatcher. On the 11th of this year i played back the radio transmissions of the FDNY from the initial incident to the towers collapsing. I listened to the trapped Firefighters transmitting mayday's. Most of those if not all did not survive. The terror in some of those voices coming over the radio just puts a lump in your throat and tears in your eyes. The FDNY dispatcher had to personally assure him help was on the way. I as a dispatcher cannot imagine what it felt to be a dispatcher in New York. I just recieved 14 911's for a medical emrgency and was overwhelmed, i just cant imagine the calls the dispatchers received on that day.
My depts firefighters (as im sure other depts in CT) went to NY and had a representative at every firefighters funeral. It was the least they could do.
The FDNY's worst signal is a signal 5-5-5-5 which means Firefighter was killed in the line of duty. For the 343 firefighters who died this is what was transmitted. NEVER FORGET
signal 5-5-5-5 343 times for box 8087/8084, transmitted 0847 hours Sept. 11, 2001
Just Venting, Thx for reading
Now lets get on with our lives and do some FISHING
Posted by: Conrad G.

Re: 9/11 Too Much Horror - 09/14/03 11:14 AM

LET THE HUNT FOR THOSE ANIMALS CONTINUE...WE CAN NEVER FORGET .
Posted by: Mitch P.

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/07 01:07 AM

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/07 01:14 AM

Keep the memory fresh Mitch. We can't ever, EVER forget what happened that day.
Posted by: Maz

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/07 01:16 AM

As a person who grew up on Long Island and knows many people who worked in, and still work, in NYC, it is still the most emotionally provoking thing that I've ever experienced. My brother was supposed to work at the merchantile exchange that morning and, thank god, was delayed. I'll never forget it. Ever.

Strypertime... I second the motion for the cover page.

Stay strong, and regard every fellow American as a brother.
Posted by: fuzzy2u

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/07 01:16 AM

All political differences aside ... I'll never forget. Period.

Posted by: MarkC

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/07 11:27 AM

Mitch;
Thanks for bumping this back up, it can Not be forgoten
Posted by: scooter72

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/07 12:45 PM

I was in bed, just waking up when my mother in law called me freaking out about a plane hitting the World Trade Center. Knowing her, I didnt think an awful lot of it, maybe just some small little private plane clipped it or something.
Then I turned the TV on and saw things that were burned into my mind forever.
My wife got home and was watching with me when the second plane hit and we ,like everyone else, were..well, words like "enraged" and "horrified" just don't cover it.

Ever since that day, whenever I see our colors raised it makes my hair stand on end and my chest fill with pride.

Never forget.

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/07 12:57 PM

Watching the coverage on CNN via the web just makes me angry again..... Especially since we have not caught Bin Ladin!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: The Real Iceman

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/07 03:03 PM

Seems like yesteday. What a horrible Day I will never forget. I was on a flight that day and was scared out of my pants. Suddenly you looked at everyone alittle differently, all conversation stopped and peoples worst fear, was clearly on their minds. My heart bleads for all of those families, not sure if they will ever get past this day.
NEVER FORGET!
Posted by: BigLee

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/07 03:53 PM

I remember that day so well The first plane I thought was an accident but when the second plane hit I knew the truth we were under attack.

I had the whole department gather and told them what I knew of the Situation and told them that if any of them felt the need to leave for whatever reason to go ahead. It was so hard to try and get on the web that day all newsstations were pegged to the limit. I finally got more information fromm the BBC network and that was how I kept everyone posted.

I was supposed to go on a flight to Minnesota that week for training which was cancelled. The downward spiral of this event caused the company I work for to downsize. My department which I was groupleader of went from 22 down to 4.

This day should be made a national Holiday, A day of official rememberance. Not for just those that lost their lives on this day but for all responders that try to keep us safe everyday, not knowing if this will be their wrong day to be in the wrong spot . Policemen Firemen Paramedics DEP officers even everyday Joes or Joesephines who are forced to become heroes due to unexpected cicumstances.

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/07 03:57 PM

Think the government will ever make 9/11 a holiday? And ever wonder where some victims, heroes, and more people of 9/11 could be today? http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20607717/

I remember as a kid while growing up, I would look at my clock at night. Whenever I see it saying 9:11pm, I would think that something bad was going to happen. 911 is the number for police, fire, and ambulance.

Why did the terrorists choose that certain date for the attacks?
Posted by: BigLee

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/07 05:46 PM

Michael
I read somewhere they chose that date specifically because it was the national emergency number. You have to understand to us these were sick twisted individuals but they thought they were being smart using a day no one would forget.
Posted by: jonh

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/07 05:56 PM

September 11 is Patriot Day according to my calendar.
Posted by: stripermanofsteel

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/07 06:11 PM

i remember exactly where i was...on a roof in bridgeport, we got the news of the first strike, then when taking break, we saw footage of the second one (at which time a co-worker and former marine said "well, bin laden finally got us.") at 10:30 we watched ambulances staging right near the i-95 south on-ramp to go to see if they could be of assistance

it took me until 5 pm that night to actually see the towers fall, my wife had already become desensitized to the footage, and was amazed at the emotional reaction it brought to me seeing the footage for the first time, when she was seeing it for the 50th time.

i will never forget any of what happened
i will never forget those who we lost
i will never forget the way a nation that was so divided came together
and politically i will never forget what a mess that these events got us into
Posted by: JoshB

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/07 08:37 PM

I cant beleive it was 6 years ago.....it seemed like yesterday. We had a moment of silence today at 8:46. You wouldn't beleive how kind people were to each other to day...

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/07 08:54 PM

I worked for a TV network at the time and watched it from the start on the TVs around the office. Then, I went over to a buddy's apartment to see the final horrible outcome. I'll never forget thinking how many people were dying at that very moment. In the weeks following the event, it really put life in perspective. Some things just weren't important any more. I've tried to live like that since then.

I heard a woman on the radio today who lost a daughter in the towers. She said today was the last remembrance ceremony she was going to. She said it just gets worse every year for her, and she can't do it any more. Some people have slipped back into a comfort zone, but for many, life has changed forever.

There is still an enemy out there, both abroad and right here at home. I often wonder if we will defeat them in our lifetime. I think we will if we remember this: "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
Posted by: SouthBound

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/07 09:55 PM

I am a member of the vernon volenteer fire department. A couple weeks ago we where watching a movie called brother hood. It wa created one year after 9/11/01. Its worth finding and watching. Blanie thats one scary video. Man thats is crazy. It make my skin crawl.

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/07 01:06 AM

That's what I've always thought since that day Lee.

Striperman, where abouts in Bridgeport were you to easilly see the ambulances?

7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 11:42 AM

Please everyone....take a moment today to remember, and NEVER FORGET!!!!

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 11:49 AM

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 12:12 PM

I'll never forget that Day......I was sitting at work when my sister called me to tell me that a plane crashed into the towers.

I went online to see, and Watched as the second plane Hit.

My Heart sank, and I went numb.....I knew Life as we knew it,
would be changed Forever.

I watched as one tower came down, then the next.

My Company came to a complete Hault, they put the News
on over the intercom for the rest of the Day, so all would stay informed.

God Bless all who died, and God Bless all who have been left behind.
May We Never Forget.

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 12:41 PM

Still brings a sick feeling in my stomach!!!! Prayers to all the families!

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 12:46 PM

I watch the on line coverage and as they read each name it makes me so mad!!!

And I feel terrible for the families.. which makes me more angry at the people that did this...
Posted by: OldSchool

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 03:09 PM

If you actually read the Quran you will see that the hatred for America (Israel's last friend) is just an overflow from the Arab's hatred for Israel. Moslem's must practice Jihad (killing Jews and Christians) as part of their faith.

It's not going to go away until the Prince of Peace(Israel's Messiah)settles the matter once and for all.

Until then...

There are men who run from danger, and thank God, there are men who run towards danger to fight or help save.

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Posted by: swwind

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 03:35 PM

9/11 brings horrible, painful memories for all of us, but to post this ?

Originally Posted By: OldSchool
Moslem's must practice Jihad (killing Jews and Christians) as part of their faith.

I don't know where you get this garbage but it shows no real understanding of the term "jihad" or of the Quran or of Islam.

The information you have posted is false. I seriously think you should consider editing it out.

Stuff like that does not help us heal, it just fuels more mis-directed, dare I say ignorant hatred.

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 03:45 PM

A few nice thoughts from the religion of peace:

KORAN [9.30] And the Jews say: Uzair [Ezra] is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!

KORAN [5.51] O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

KORAN [4.89] They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 03:53 PM

Remember ignorance of history means you will simply repeat it.

Americas first war as a new nation was against Muslim Extremists. Our Country's Navy was formed to fight the Barbary Pirates. These practitioners of the religion of peace were terrorizing folks on the high seas.

The reason Thomas Jefferson had a Quaran was so he could learn what motivated his enemy. Many folks in our nation would rather be nieve about what really motivates our enemy in this war on terror. That will end up costing us, unfortunately.

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 04:00 PM

On this day of sad rememberance, I will not distract this thread and debate you on this.

Your words stand on their own for all to consider.
Posted by: MikeDero

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 04:01 PM

Enough of that crap today is a day to remember the people lost and today should be observed holiday. Today at 8:46 we had a moment of silence at work.

I feel for the families that lost someone and to this day it still rips at my insides thinking about that day.

I had 3 cousins over seas lets us not forget them. WE might not agree with the reasons BUT lets all agree we care and respect our men and women over seas
Posted by: thevinman

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 04:11 PM

(Sorry, but I have to respond. I'd hate for the general reading public to not hear a dissenting opinion on a sore topic this day clearly flares up, amongst us all...)

I think you are crossing a very dangerous line.

If you read the King James version of the Bible, out of context, you will find just as disturbing ideas...most of which the majority of Christians, I know, do not follow. Well, maybe just the extremist Christians...

You clearly have never been close to (or God forbid are friends with) another Muslim. They are not all extremists. They are not even mostly all extremists. There is a small minority, just as in every religion, that have been twisted. Selectively choosing and/or listening to religious doctrine, out of context, that suits their situation.

You see, religion is used to control. Always has been, always will be. People love to use it as a tool to manipulate the masses into doing things that benefit their power hungry or twisted agenda. (Extreme Nationalism is used in the exact same way...see wiki on Adolf Hitler, if you need a history lesson.) This is what extremist leaders are doing all over the place, not just with Islam.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -- Herman Goering, at the Nuremberg trials

It will stop when we all realize we are being manipulated and mind screwed. It will all stop when we stop hating each other! (Funny, that kinda sounds like a very "Christian" thing to do, now doesn't it?)

Let's try to remember that, today, instead of getting all fired up with negativity towards other people...
Posted by: Joe.G

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 04:20 PM

After all your Yankee banter Mike you finally said something I agree with. ;\) Silent Thread seems to be best for things like this.

God Bless

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 04:53 PM

"You clearly have never been close to (or God forbid are friends with) another Muslim. They are not all extremists. They are not even mostly all extremists. There is a small minority, just as in every religion, that have been twisted."

Actually Viny, I do remember quite clearly the hords of folks cellebrating 9/11/01 that morning in the West Bank, Gaza, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, etc, etc, etc,.

I'll let you folks put your head back in the sand so you will feel safer.

Thank God for our military men & women who are fighting every day to keep us safe from these terrorists, and who knows how many plots they have already stopped by now.

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 06:02 PM

Oldschool,
I understand your perspective. I do remember those images...they were quite disturbing and I certainly do not feel safe.

Yet, I still do not condemn and entire religion nor its people for the acts of a few extremists. I just don't think a solution lies anywhere near the wholesale condemnation of another people.

If you have the opportunity, speak with a Muslim, maybe even try to befriend him or her. Hell, take 'em fishing! (I guarantee he won't go all Jihad on you! \:D ) It might be the one thing we can do to stop this mess.

And yes, thankfully we do have some very brave men and women defending our way of life from these extremists.

God (which ever one(s) you believe in) Bless!

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 06:49 PM

OldSchool that is borderline racist. that is like saying all people who fish are red necks.

tred carefully my cousins are syrian (middle eastern) and they are over seas proctecting your right to feel this way.

Today is a day to remember not be bitter

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 06:58 PM

Mike, Like I said, one of my most vivid memories is the Millions of people in those Middle East countries cellebrating in the streets. This thread was about remembering 9-11, like it or not that was part of the day.

You folks actually misunderstand me too. I love Muslims and give them the Gospel when I meet and talk to them. Jesus said, "Love your enemies and pray for those who despitefully use you". I would never try to force anyone to belive in Christ by the edge of the sword. But He also said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes unto the Father but by me". So I dont water down the truth either. In fact I would rather die for Christ than murder someone for Muhamad.

But that does not mean I would not kill a terrorist to defend my Country or co-workers.

May America always bless and support Israel!!! Genesis 12:3

I promise this is my last post on this topic, it is clear some have already forgotten.

Posted by: W.G.

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 07:19 PM

911 always reminds me how fortunate we are living here in our country.

My family, friends and I will never forget.
NEVER.

Much has been written about how people from other countries around the world feel about us and our country.

Bottom line for me, always, is: U.S.A.

Love it or leave it.
Posted by: Z Fisher

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: thevinmanfxst
If you read the King James version of the Bible, out of context, you will find just as disturbing ideas...most of which the majority of Christians, I know, do not follow. Well, maybe just the extremist Christians...

Excellent point and nicely said.

Literal reading of anything written a few centuries ago is dangerous. And for one who is not of the faith (I'm assuming those quoting the Koran aren't Muslins), well that's just plain strange to think they can understand the significance of historical statements.

For those Christians who chose to continue to believe that all Muslims literally believe the word of the Koran, I suggest you get cracking on the following Biblical admonishments:

The next time you catch your buddy working on the Sabbath some quick action is required: Exodus 35:2 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the LORD: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

If you need a few extra bucks for fishing gear, your children have a new use, though watch for the special gender rules: Exodus 21:7 And if a man sell his daughter to be a maidservant, she shall not go out as the menservants do.

And finally, when your son begs to join his friends out on the gridiron, recall the special guidance provided in Leviticus 11:7-8
: And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you. Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

Anyhow, I believe that all wackos are wackos and recognize that there is a special brand of Muslim out there who believes in a literal reading of the Koran and means us harm. Such vermin should be extinguished.

But like Christians and Jews and agnostics (and even them atheists) everywhere, there are plenty who are just trying to get through this life and make the world a better place for their children.

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 08:40 PM

1st off as I said before prayers for the families. We lost a friend of a friend and Andrews dear friends Chuck and Kyle lost there father so the focus MUST be on our patriotism and our country. I also was over at the Science museum in NJ and watched the builings fall as I was only across the river so my hair still stands on end when I see the shows on TV recently.

One on my closest friends and neighbors is Jamal Hadi. He is 50% Jordanian and 50% Norweigan. He was born Jordan and his cousins are full bore Islamic. He even showed me his prayer rug or whatever you call it. His dad was a top surgeon and had alot of power. He made it his priority to get Jamal out of the country as people were blowing themselves up left and right and it was just a living hell. He was raised on hate for other religions but you would never know it.

Just be careful lumping all of Islamic people into one group because if you do you are about ad arrogant as they come and really don't have a clue. Sorry but I had to chime in as I always do!

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 11:08 PM

If you look back in this post I wear a 911 braclet with the name of Fire fighter Carl Asaro. He was in Battalion 9 and his remains were found 40 feet below tower #2. My daughter and I were planning to go to NY but due to other things happening in the family we were not able to make it today. We are already planning to be there in 3 years if not before then. Targeting 10 year anniversary. I was told Carl's wife showes up at the firehouse every year for the 911 event. Looking forward to meeting her. Hope to establish some contact with her and her 5 children before then.

"Never forget our fallen brothers!"

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 11:17 PM

Thanks, Capt. Hoop. for reminding us what this day means.
I also lost friends and almost lost some more in NYC and at Logan, Boston, going towards Washington. This is an important day for all Americans no matter what your beliefs are.
We will not forget.
U.S.A.

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/11/08 11:39 PM

It hit very hard in my area of the state and in my business as I have posted in the past.

I will never EVERforget. God Bless their families.
Posted by: O-BASS

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/12/08 12:15 AM

guys,

some have mentioned "Never Forget" on this topic. i would like to call to your attention a striking example of how this nation is forgetting right now:

I am a music teacher by day and performer at night, working at an specific music school. each year on 9/11 i ask my students if anything was done to honor the memory of the tragedy at school (public) during the day, perhaps an assembly or meeting, and announcement on the loud speakers, a moment of silence at the hour of attack.

the first 2 years each student explained at length what thier school did. last year, i noticed a stark sudden drop off, and this year it is disgraceful the replys i recieved.

upon asking one 14 year old (not that this is his fault, the young man gave an honest answer) what they did at school to day, his response was "for what?" when i mentioned the 9/11 anniversary, and asked if there was any mention, he said no. they didnt do anything.

the same answer came from roughly half of my students today, ranging in age from 7 to 16.

i am asking you all to do the following: please tonight or tomorrow ask your children what was done at school today in memoriam!!! if the answer is nothing, SOMETHING IS WRONG AND WE NEED TO ACT! as a teacher i am APPALLED at the feeble efforts scholsystems made this and last year; to do nothing is an insult to the history of this nation, and memories of those lost in the attack on our country.

i am writing a letter to the woodbury/watertown paper tomorrow in regards to the local schools (pomperaug/nonewaug) and the responses students gave. mabey they just didnt hear the announcements like i never did when i was a kid, but its tought to miss a moment of silence in the morning when your the only kid talking! even i would have figured it out!

ask your kids, then complain! all patriotism and religious nonsense aside, democrat or republican, this is BULL!!!

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/12/08 12:18 AM

Mike, That is un-freakin believable!!!!

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/12/08 12:27 AM

That is unreal Mike! I will never forget and my thinking is how could you?! That is just amazing!

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/12/08 12:36 AM

As you stated Mike the people of today find ways to forget even though it is the most important thing that has ever happened to the people of the United States of America. Seems they are just content to be protected by the water that seperates us. Our children are still over there giving up time and lives to keep us out of harms way.

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/12/08 01:04 AM

On a more positive note. My high school aged daughter was IN SCHOOL by 6am (along with others) to hang a flag in remembrance.
Shelton HS didn't forget! I'm very proud of her and them.

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/08 01:12 AM

Originally Posted By: John from Madison CT
However, what is more dangerous than terrorism is complacency and the unwillingness to allow our government the ability to find and root out the terrorist both here and abroad.

To tap phones? Torture people? Snatch people from their homes and hold them for YEARS without filing charges or allowing them access to the courts?

If you think that sh*t is ok than you are traitor. How can you possibly sit back and talk about this country like you understand it at all,let alone have any respect for it, and still advocate stripping folk's personal freedoms?

Either you have no idea why America is so great, or you are insane.

Originally Posted By: strypertime
May God strike down upon thee with great vengence and furious anger to those who try to wound our AMERICA !

How dare you take this thread to that level. That is what the terrorist said on 9/10. You have disgraced this country and yourself with that kind of talk.

If you actually read the Quran you will see that the hatred for America (Israel's last friend) is just an overflow from the Arab's hatred for Israel. Moslem's must practice Jihad (killing Jews and Christians) as part of their faith.

You should be ashamed yourself. I'd argue but I know it won't do any good. Nobody who ever wore a uniform fought and died so you could say ignorant sh*t like that. I am certainly ashamed to be a member of a site that allows someone to say things that are outright racist.

Re: 7th Anniv Of 911 - 09/12/08 01:16 AM

I was watching this show and had to walk away from the TV:
http://www.history.com/minisites/9-11

I don't know how any adult could possibly forget that day.

But don't worry. For those who have forgotten, we'll get another wake up day one day. It's at that point that certain leaders and individuals will step up our war against terrorism. I'll stop now before I go on a political rant.

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/08 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By: steve z
To tap phones? Torture people? Snatch people from their homes and hold them for YEARS without filing charges or allowing them access to the courts?

War isn't pretty. As you say, s happens.

How are we supposed to defeat the enemy? Be nice? It just doesn't work.

Newsflash for you: Our govt. is not the enemy.
Posted by: arlow

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/08 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Mitch P.

War isn't pretty. As you say, s happens.

How are we supposed to defeat the enemy? Be nice? It just doesn't work.

Well said Mitch.

Fight fire with fire. They dont play by the rules so why should we? F them! Kill them, Torture them, teach them what terror really means and that we all are not sheep like some some people are.

Too many soft fools today in this country to worried about the rights of people who want to kill us.

Too worried about the inconveninces they have to make in order to catch these killers.

Too worried about calling everyone else traitors because they cannot stomach seeing what needs to be done done nevermind lifting a finger to help.

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/08 02:13 AM

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/08 02:22 AM

Holy crap, is that O-BASS in that vid!??!?! \:D

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/08 02:43 AM

And neither is it our friend. Remember, our government is not this infallible, omniscient, all loving, superior being. It is a collection of people. People with careers and egos. Give people too much power, they will abuse it.

All I'm saying on this point is...be mindful of the dramatic change happening around us. There is a line between securing our safety, and destroying the very liberty we are fighting to protect. Fear is a very powerful tool. Most people will willingly sacrifice their freedom for a sense of security. Especially when they are scared.

Always question authority...

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/08 12:46 PM

I am certainly ashamed to be a member of a site that allows someone to say things that are outright racist.

I too found Old School's post one of the most offensive I have read in 5 years on CTF. I am disappointed that the moderators didn't pull it.

It is an absolute lie intentionally designed to foster hatred against everyone of the Islamic faith. That kind of religious bigotry is a disgrace to the heroes that lost their lives that day and the men and women who fight today side by side with Muslims against terrorism.

There are plenty of blogs where you can post garbage like that, and I am still hopeful that CTF will consider pulling that post.
Posted by: chris med

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/08 01:31 PM

WELp,...Looks like a free country and freedom of speech prevails. I don't do politics or religion AT ALL, so I'll stay out of it,all I can say is Rest In Peace Josh Piver. and the rest of those who died 7 years ago. I was playing in the Ct Section PGA Championships that day and missed most of the TV coverage, I watched Yesterday the real time broadcast again.....Simply incredible and kinda disturbing to listen to those two jackasses Katie and Matt, be so unfeeling and unsenstive like a couple of Robots..Maybe it was the shock of everything, but I would've thought they'd have SOME emotion...
Ahh whatever.............

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/08 01:38 PM

Shock could be it Chris- I had to drive hme from the City that day and go into PA because everything was shut down. I saw the buildings go down live in person and was in shock. While traveling in PA I stopped to golf, buy fireworks and ate lunch like nothing had happened. The next day I broke down for 15 minutes and cried like a baby!

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/08 02:31 PM

That day as hell period. I got into a accident because I was freaking out with all the false reports and was worried about my kids. then I go to New york to see if I can help in any way. Well I stayed for a week working with Red Cross handing out water, wiping faces of the men working and handing out food.
I never even told my work I was going to be out and not only where they ok but they paid me for the time being off. Also the Garage that towed my car fixed it for free. he asked what took me so long on checking the car and I told him. The poor guy felt so bad he stated to cry and told me that he will fix the car for free and for the first time in my life I hugged a grown.

Even thinnking about it right now it twists and turns my insides. The worse thing we can do as Americans is forget this day. I understand moving on but WE as a NATION need to honor the heros and victums and our men and women over seas making sure that this does not happen.

I was never a revenge minded person but with this I hope they die a slow death (all the people invloved with this) pretty much they need to be treated the same as Nazi's and hunt them down even 50 years later.

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/08 03:07 PM

I watched the Discovery Channel special last night. All the footage was realtime from a variety of pro and regular people. My wife had to leave the room. I couldn't not watch. I need to see that so I will never allow myself to forget.

God bless all those involved that day.... no one will ever be the same.

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/08 03:38 PM

all of our lives changed that day.

I think that allot of us suffered some form of post tramitic stress from this.
Posted by: mattmann7

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/08 03:41 PM

What I recall the most was seeing on tv the fireman march blindly into harms way out of duty. The first tower was down and they marched on. I was enroute to my best friends house when the second tower fell. Hes a full time fireman in New Britain. He was so enraged he couldnt watch the tv any more. When I got to his house he was cutting his lawn. I told him about the second tower and all the fireman that were entering it. He knew that he had lost hundreds of brothers. I knew that if he was there he would of been amongst his brothers. No questions asked. Heres a website http://www.voicesofsept11.org its a site started by a victims family to create a living memory to all who were lost. Its aim is to defeat the efforts of tyranny by giving life to the fallen and celebrating their lives and legacy. I watched some of the anniversary coverage yesterday. The most moving was the pentagon dedication when they put a face to the names in the roll call as a navy serviceman rang the bell after each name. Say what you want about George W even if he goes down as a dismal failure he basically stood alone and brought the fight to keep his promise to the fallen. Not forgetting starts at the top. There is still a debt owed.
Posted by: dabuck

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/08 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Tackleman
I watched the Discovery Channel special last night. All the footage was realtime from a variety of pro and regular people. My wife had to leave the room. I couldn't not watch. I need to see that so I will never allow myself to forget.

God bless all those involved that day.... no one will ever be the same.

That special was incredible - especially all the footage covered caught by "regular" people that was never shown before. I had to walk away a few times myself.

My family and I will never forget that day. I was in a plane on the way to Atlanta for a business trip when the first building was hit. I lost a good friend of mine who worked in the South Tower for Cantor Fitzgerald. Also, I used to work in the South Tower on the 76th floor myself. On top of that my best friend is a NYPD detective who was one of the first responders but luckily survived.

We will never forget.

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/08 08:27 PM

Why do we need the Second Amendment then? It was written so we could all have protection from a tyrannical government.

What if the government came and snatched you up, tossed you into a cell with noaccess to the outside world, and then they tortured you until you told them what you were plotting. Yes you. Mitch P. What if they kicked your door in right now? Or do you believe the government does not make mistakes?

Originally Posted By: arlow
Fight fire with fire. They dont play by the rules so why should we?

Do you honestly believe that? I only ask because you'd really have to be a complete and absolute retard to say something so asinine.

Have you ever read a book? Or gotten some sort of education? Try reading up on American policy in the middle east over the last fourty years. See who started it. They were the ones fighting fire with fire.

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/08 08:35 PM

I only ask because you'd really have to be a complete and absolute retard to say something so asinine.

Have you ever read a book? Or gotten some sort of education? Try reading up on American policy in the middle east over the last fourty years. See who started it. They were the ones fighting fire with fire.

1ST off Steve why the tirade on Arlow and getting into personal shots?! Second of all I would rather trust our government then theirs, as Mitch stated.

Lastly watch the retard gesture. My brother in-law has Downs so if you are so freakin' politically correct don't be so arrogant in using that term! I take offense to that one! This post started about mourning 911 victims and now everyone wants to make it a sermon of religion and politics. Peoples true colors are coming out on this thread.

"Retard" is a real nice dig Steve. You really manned up to that one!

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/08 08:52 PM

agreed Cwood time for this to end. Enough is enough

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/08 09:06 PM

A classic example of why politics is off limits. Let's just close this one down. No use arguing over this day. We'll re-open the thread next year just before Sept. 11.

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/09 03:32 AM

Posted by: Climber

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/09 03:38 AM

Never Forget
Posted by: SouthBound

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/09 06:58 AM

I watched a quick glimps of footage of the plane hitting the first tower. Tears still fall. I cant stop but think how can someone do this to another human? Then I get so friggin po I have to turn it off. I will never forget where I was when it all went down.
Posted by: deep callin

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/09 09:43 AM

I will Not forget.... Still get that feeling in the pit of my stomach now.... I'm Afraid many do not remember... but I will!
Posted by: Bass Ackwards

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/09 10:28 AM

http://www.fdnylodd.com/9-11-Never-Forget/Memorials/Blood-Of-Heroes.html

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/09 10:28 AM

A Memory That Should Still Be Vivid
By Jim Shepherd

For many of you, the time you spend reading these few words this morning will be in advance of 8:46AM -10:28AM. You will, in fact, be reading before the true anniversary of the September 11, 2001 attacks that let 3,017 people dead in flaming ruins in New York City, Arlington, Virginia and a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

For that reason, it's not too-late to spend a minute in remembrance of those people who died. They were from 90 different countries, and for most of them, their only crime was going to work.

In the days immediately after 9/11, I don't think I've ever been more proud of my country. Differences were put aside, old wounds healed, and I personally know at least four longstanding differences between old friends that were put aside and resolved. It looked like the country had been knocked back- not on its heels, but back to its roots. The indomitable American spirit reemerged, turning the country into a single, unified presence. For the first time in years, I wasn't worried about potential problems, my mind was focused on family and friends today- not long-term planning.

On the first anniversary, I remember how vividly the event was replayed into the public consciousness. Replayed to the point that some television networks actually rebroadcast that horrid morning. I don't know about you, but it wasn't a very easy anniversary for me. I still wanted to see horrific retribution visited on anyone who was remotely connected to the event.

By 9/11/2003, those bloodthirsty feelings had mellowed, but the swell of patriotic fervor hadn't.

The year following, it wasn't gone, but most of that "top of mind awareness" had started to fade. Smaller problems, closer to home were starting to crowd the memory and flush the feelings.

That's a phenomenon called incrementalism or gradualism- the same slow change that allows a frog to be slow-boiled. In this case, it's reversed, but the blood cooling and the ardor fading is the same thing.

Since September 11, 2001, it's as if the whole country has fallen victim to gradualism. Gradually, the feeling of unity faded, replaced with the same-old-partisanship that's turned politics from tough to toxic. Today, politicians are using gradualism, but they've stepped up the pace.

I guess that's what's bothering me so much on this anniversary of one of the darkest days in American history.

This September 11, if I talk about my desire to see my country safe, I'm going to be accused of being being a xenophobe.

Expressing a belief that anyone willing to work hard should advance at a level commensurate with their efforts makes me guilty of class warfare.

Being the son of a public school teacher and a maintenance foreman, I think my my first-hand experience says being willing to work harder and longer than most of your associates can get you ahead is truth; not class warfare. But there are people who want me to feel guilty because others don't have what I have.

That goes against the basic American spirit.

As an American, I have a deep-seated desire, if not a historic obligation, to help anyone less fortunate.

When I needed help, it was offered. Today, I believe that being "blessed" comes with the obligation to be a blessing to others.

When our nation was young, Benjamin Franklin loaned money to an acquaintance facing hard times. When the situation turned, the acquaintance wanted to repay Franklin. Instead, Franklin asked that he take that money and use it to help someone else in need. That is the American spirit.

But gradualism has eroded the meaning.

This afternoon at 1:15, it will be the eighth anniversary of a drive that will be etched in my memory as long as my memory functions.

On September 11, 2001, I drove out of Atlanta, Georgia toward my home and family in Birmingham, Alabama. My wife and children felt that it was important we all be together. I agreed, I had already closed my business and sent my employees home to their families.

On that drive, I saw American flags either hanging from overpasses or being waved by people standing on them. That memory evokes a tightening in my throat that isn't the least bit normal.

I remember a clear blue sky, devoid of the normal crisscrossing of jet contrails. Instead of the signs of a normal day, I saw a clear blue sky that spoke to the fact that something big had happened. So big that we might be changed as a nation forever.

Eight years later, I'm convinced that that premonition was accurate, things have, indeed, changed. Unfortunately, I'm concerned we've not changed for the better.

Like September 11, 2001, however, I remain convinced of one thing: that standing up for something good is still better than lying down to avoid being called names or being threatened- however steep the cost.

As you move through your day, I hope you'll take time to remember how you were willing to stand for your beliefs on that September 11 and realize that not standing for what you believe -every September 11- has consequences.

Stand.

Remember.

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/09 11:11 AM

I will never forget, I will never Forget, I will Never forget.
The lives that were taken, the attack of innocent lives taken
from their loved ones, the horrors those poor souls went through
as we all watched..............glued to or Tv's,Computers, radio.
The Pain, the numbness, the helplessness and the sufferings.
Lord Have Mercy on Our Souls, and Please pray that this never
burdens our land again.
God Bless the countless people who rushed to the rescue, searching
the debris, and some losing theirs lives doing so.

Never Forget!
Posted by: Channel Matt

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/09 11:16 AM

8 years ago, about 25 minutes from right now.

I cant forget, ever. Plain and simple. It was the first thing I thought of this morning when I woke up.

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/09 11:25 AM

The events and this date still hit close to home. Never Forget!
Posted by: Tmack9200

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/09 12:57 PM

I remember that day exactly and I'll never forget....This year I did jobs for two families that lost their child in the towers. I'd still love to see bin ladens head on a platter!!!
Posted by: furtrapper

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/11/09 09:21 PM

ALL id like to know is why when i drive around any were..I HARDLY EVER SEE FLAGS FLYING ANY WERE..I FLY ONE.MY GIRL FRIEND DOES .think about it.seems to me we went right back to were we wer before 9/11.THIS COUNTRY CAME TOGETHER FOR WHAT..2 MONTHS.then back to the same old bs..sorry had to vent...TRAPPING RULES..
Posted by: Firefighter Skippy

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/09 12:40 AM

Thanks all for remembering thus tragic event.
Posted by: Jon S.

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/09 05:08 PM

Here is my flag. I cut down a Boulevard Cyprus tree a few years back and debarked it, sanded it and put in the ground in my frony yard. The flag has never come down since the day I put it up. I fly it proudly.

Click to enlarge...

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/09 08:35 PM

Was at an Audi event at the Science Museum across the river from the Trade Center in NJ and we watched both buildings go down. I was stunned. Took me 8 hours to get home and it usually is an hour. We stayed as they were setting up a mobil Red Cross station as they were expecting tons of hurt people to come from the City by boat but no one ever came becuae of the people just being buried an nothing left of the victims to mend! What a sick and angry day! Our instructor of the class that day saw the 2nd plane hot and was vomitting when we 1st saw him. He still hasn't been able to fly since.

Lost friends of friends and watching the stuff on TV last night still made me feel sick. Just hearing the live stuff from the FD scanners then the beacons going off after the collapses really sticks. We should never forget this day and always pray for the families!
Posted by: migagnon

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/09 10:03 PM

The best thing you can do on a day like 9/11 is live your life to the fullest.If you sit around and let it affect you that much they have WON. I am deployed in the middle east right now. wishing i was fishing with my kid.
I was also deployed during 9/11 and it was tough time.
I would appreciate if you drank a few cold ones for me. see you on the river this winter.

Mike

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/09 10:07 PM

Consider it done Mike.

God Bless you and thank you for what you're doing for all of us.

Frank

Re: 9/11Never Forget - 09/11/10 03:00 AM

Posted by: Climber

Re: 9/11Never Forget - 09/11/10 04:14 AM

Not sure how to post this but it is worth watching so we all remember and never forget.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHDz8H8D10g

Re: 9/11Never Forget - 09/11/10 10:05 AM

Will never forget. Still feels like yesterday!
Posted by: dtsoutdoors

Re: 9/11Never Forget - 09/11/10 10:37 AM

It's a shame that our media, deciding the videos of this attack are too graphic for the American people to handle, have basically removed them from television. They should be aired every day. America is historically a forgiving nation but there needs to be full retribution before forgiveness. Anyone who thinks that these murders are anything but a full-out, cowardly attack on our country and our way of life and part of an ongoing war waged by islamofacists is either naive, misinformed or in denial. If I see one more "coexist" or "war is not the answer" bumper sticker here in NW CT, I think I'll puke. These head-in-the-sand, "can't we all just get along" liberals are the same sort of people who allowed Hitler and Stalin to rise to power in the time of my father's generation. "Maybe if we could just sit down and TALK, they wouldn't hate us so much..." BS!!! This isn't a Coke commercial where we all smile and hold hands in a big field and sing songs. It's time for a lot more nationalism and a lot less concilliation.

Please stop for brief moment today, remember the victims, remember the heroic first responders who went into those towers knowing the risk and remember all the brave men and women of our armed forces serving in the war on terror. Then thank God that you are fortunate enough to live in the greatest country the world has ever known. God Bless America and the troops who defend her GBAATTWDH!

Re: 9/11Never Forget - 09/11/10 10:41 AM

It still knots my stomach. Never forget!

God bless those families as well as the military and families of those fighting for our freedom right now.
Posted by: chris med

Re: 9/11Never Forget - 09/11/10 10:49 AM

Josh Piver Stonington Ct......

Re: 9/11Never Forget - 09/11/10 11:26 AM

Yes, God bless those families as well as the military and families of those fighting for our freedom right now.

NEVER FORGET....Thats what they are counting on.

I'll never forget September 11th 2001.

I'll never forget the lives that were lost, and the lives that are

still being lost from the fall out.

Many first responders are still dieing.

They were exposed to many cancer causing particles, so the attacks

are still killing our own.

Re: 9/11Never Forget - 09/12/10 12:29 AM

Never Forget.

I never will

Re: 9/11Never Forget - 09/12/10 12:45 AM

This is kind of long, but an interesting analysis of the world we now live in.

Thoughts on the Ninth Anniversary of 9/11
By Whitley Strieber

On this ninth anniversary of the 911 attack, American anger is more intense than it has been in many years. In part, this is because of the mosque that is being built near the site of the World Trade Center, and in part it's because we have been under threat now for a long time, and the threat remains as unsettling now as it was nine years ago.

We're frustrated and we're angry. The weakest among us are beginning to lash out in ways that illustrate our helplessness. Most of us cannot understand why we can't win. We have lavished our national wealth and power on suppressing the threat, but the threat remains exactly as concealed and as potent as it was on the day the twin towers fell.

In fact, it is more potent because there have been nine more years for our adversaries to work toward their goal, which remains unspoken and unattended but can only be one thing: the nuclear decapitation of the United States of America.

Of course, we can console ourselves that terrorist organizations are unlikely to be able to manufacture yellowcake into weapons-grade uranium, but a number of unstable states can and have, or shortly will, accomplish this. In addition, there have been numerous known attempts to smuggle weapons grade materials out of Russia, and that country is actually assisting Iran in its quest to produce fissionable material.

So we have reason to be angry and frightened. If it destroys Washington, the next attack will in an instant do more damage to the western world than the collapse of the Roman Empire, which took two hundred years and left us virtually decivilized for nearly a millennium.

Power in our civilization is profoundly concentrated in Washington. It is as much the center of a world empire as Rome was. Even more so, because in it's last century the Roman empire divided its government between two capitals.

Despite this clear danger, the United States has not taken the single most useful measure against such a disaster, which is for congress to pass a law that publicly outlines how the governors are to create an interim government and a constitutional convention to re-establish the republic. As matters stand, if we lose Washington, the United States will fail as a coherent structure, and what is worse, this failure will unfold in ways that cannot be predicted.

It's worth asking some careful questions about why we are here and what we might do to improve our situation.

As World War II ended, Franklin Roosevelt made a historically unfortunate decision. He determined that the British, French and Dutch empires should be destroyed along with the malignant Axis powers. His optimism, self-confidence and deep connections to American political mysticism caused him to believe that the old empires would be, in the course of nature, replaced by democratic governments that would be devoted to the freedom and happiness of the people under their power. But peoples under the rule of the European empires had in no way been prepared for the sudden disappearance of colonial administration, and a world-historical catastrophe unfolded when they suddenly found themselves essentially plunged into anarchy. Into this power vacuum there came every sort of thief and mountebank, with the result that much of the world continues to be held under the malign sway of corruption and dictatorship, and now four generations and billions of human beings have led cruelly diminished lives as a result.

That is just one unfortunate result of Roosevelt's decision to starve the European empires of capital and cause them to collapse. At the same time that Germany and Japan were being rehabilitated, France, Britain and Holland were being denied the loans and support they needed to resuscitate their colonial administrations at least long enough to give the nations under their rule some reasonable chance of forming viable governments.

This policy was continued by Truman, and by the time it was realized that the Soviet Union was a terribly dangerous aggressor with world domination as its objective, it was too late to resuscitate the power of the old empires, and the United States was left to stand alone against Soviet and then also Chinese aggression.

The defeat of the French at Dien Bien Phu in 1954 marked the end of any possible partnership between Europe and the United States against the communist states.

Of course, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization created the appearance of an Atlantic alliance, but, in fact, it was an American enterprise through-and-through. The disappearance of European power left us standing alone, and resulted in the default conversion of our republic into an empire.

After the collapse of the Soviet Union, there was every reason to believe that the United States could at last give up its imperial role, but instead the great disaster of 911 occurred, in part due to our relentless innocence and overconfidence, and in part, perhaps, for darker reasons.

The aftermath of 911 is that the United States has been transformed from the unwilling imperialism of the cold war era into something much more desperate. In order to protect our own lives, we have essentially spread our military influence across the world.

With a single exception, all of the empires of the past had the same motive: they were designed to bring wealth, in various ways, to the dominant power. Only the Egyptian empire was functionally similar to the American empire, insofar as it was protective in nature and not aggrandizing. Like the United States, Egypt was so prosperous that it had no need for colonies. It only needed protection.

The threat that Egypt faced was aggressive competitors seeking its wealth. The United States faces another sort of threat: aggressors who fear human freedom and seek its destruction. In this sense, there is little difference between the communists and the Muslim terrorists. One sought to replace human freedom with a grim secular ideology, the other with an equally oppressive one that is based in religious belief.

However, the terrorists have an enormous advantage over the old communist states. This is the fact that they have no state infrastructure to support and no vast populations to feed. An attack that cost them a handful of lives and perhaps a few million dollars has resulted in the United States spending over a trillion dollars in self-defense and tragically compromised the very freedoms it has set out to protect and spread across the world.

And in those last four words lie the essence of the problem, and beyond it, the direction in which we need to turn this grand, vulnerable ship of ours if she isn't to risk destruction on the rocks of terrorism.

From Franklin Roosevelt to Dick Cheney, there is an unbroken line of American leaders sharing the same ideal: that the United States has a manifest destiny to spread freedom. From Roosevelt's confidence that the peoples of the world only needed to be relieved of colonial oppression to find their freedom to Cheney's naive statement that the Iraqis would greet American troops with "sweets and flowers," this fundamental delusion has been the consistent and fallacious axis of American foreign policy.

If it wasn't a fallacy, the world would not be the vast sea of corruption, oppression and dictatorship that it is. Of course, some successful states have emerged out of the wreckage of the strangled European empires, but none that even approach either in the freedom they grant their people or in their moral validity the nations of the west, led by the United States.

This is the reality in which we live, and it is long past time to accept it and move into a new phase of policy, and a new kind of American life, and at the same time, a very old one.

I am not suggesting that the United States return to isolationism. What I am suggesting is that the western world reconnect with the value of its own traditions, and come to see itself as an alliance of nations that are essentially separate from the rest of the world. We need to accept the hard truth that the Enlightenment out of which our civilization emerged has not spread beyond its present limits, and that we no longer possess the resources to attempt to spread it further, much less to continue to project our power into areas where it remains misunderstood and unwanted.

This includes the entire middle east, and in particular the Pashtun areas of Afghanistan and Pakistan, which, despite three thousand years of invasion and political manipulation, have not been defeated by western armies since the time of Alexander the Great.

In our effort to use them to defeat the USSR's Afghan adventure, we armed al Qaeda and our own Central Intelligence Agency established the infrastructure that it continues to use to this day as the flexible, inexpensive and potent axis of its highly maneuverable power.

Over the course of the twentieth and now twenty-first centuries, our country has consistently forgotten the lesson of the Minutemen. We cast about with ponderous, overwhelmingly costly armies while our enemies learn and apply the lessons of our own revolution against us.

What is worse, no American political party has any real idea of what is wrong or what we need to do to save ourselves. For make no mistake, those are the stakes. If we are attacked again as or more dramatically than we were on 911, we are going to give up our freedom in return for safety, and our great republic will drift into history, replaced by a vast and intricately oppressive bureaucracy, much of which will be invisible to us.

Already, 850,000 Americans possess top secret clearances and work in over five hundred different clandestine agencies, most of which are not identified to the public in any way. By its very nature, secrecy cannot protect a republic, but only diminish it. The fact that we need so much secrecy to survive is extremely dangerous to our cherished freedoms and our constitution. Where the secrets start, the republic stops. But the more we clutch at our protective empire, the more secrets we will have and the less republic.

We need to reconceive the way we protect ourselves. There must be a considered withdrawal, primarily centered on the middle east. If we remove our troops and other penetrations from these countries, they will be compelled to deal with their extremists on their own, and they will be able to, because the absence of a western presence is going to remove the primary irritant that gives Islamic extremism its energy.

As matters stand, no American political party is ready to lead our nation and our western allies in any way except one that leads to more danger.

The Democrats have withdrawn combat troops from Iraq, but it remains an American protectorate, and there is no plan for further withdrawal. The current president is making the same error in Afghanistan that Lyndon Johnson made in Viet-Nam, persisting in an unwinnable war so that history will not record that he is the one who lost it. But either this president or the next one will lose in Afghanistan, just as the west has always lost there and will every time it returns.

Although Republican policy intentions are carefully concealed, such things as the 'Ryan Plan' and the statements of candidates like Joe Miller of Alaska suggest their intention is to vastly expand the American military presence abroad, and to pay for it by eliminating social programs at home such as Medicare and Social Security, leaving millions of Americans to face an old age of poverty and limited access to medicine, while the freedom-crushing juggernaut of our staggeringly expensive empire continues to endanger us.

Our objectives should always be the same: the freedom of the American people and the resolute support of other nations who share our ideals, the institutionally free societies of the west. We should do all we can to withdraw from the rest of the world, including reviving our own manufacturing base and using our genius for innovation to make ourselves as independent as humanly possible of need for the resources of the failed world external to our civilization.

We must rekindle our respect for what we have accomplished. The Enlightenment and the republican revolutions that followed it created the most intellectually robust, the most culturally enriching and the most economically successful societies the world has ever known. We need to value this culture and to realize that others may think differently, and accept that they will go their way.

Had the European empires been supported properly after the war, they could have been transformed from the exploitative systems that so horrified Roosevelt into systems of coherent and viable states, that might have extended western freedoms, prosperity and ideals into the rest of the world. It did not happen and now what we must do is to repair the past as best we can by accepting that, from the day those empires collapsed, it was already too late to build the alliance of free and prosperous nations that might indeed afford us the protection that we are seeking.

We need to retrench, to look to our own nation and our own freedoms, for if a policy doesn't protect them--and our empire is certainly a very costly challenge to them--then of what value is it?

So on this ninth and most angry anniversary of 911, we need to look deeply into the most fundamental nature of the way our country approaches the world and finds its place among nations. But we need to look not outward but inward. How can we safely regain the freedoms we gave up because of the attack? What can we do that will really protect us, and give our children the chance to taste the freedoms we knew when we were young?

There is another way, so far completely ignored by our political parties, but it is also the only way to the survival of our freedom and the continued ability of individual Americans to engage in the personal journey that is implied by the promise that we may be able to pursue happiness.

We must protect ourselves by remembering that home comes first. Military withdrawal is the only thing that will protect us, in the end, by denying our enemies a reason to fight.

The freedom of the west and the freedom of the United States are the most important of all human accomplishments, and those peoples who are not ready to dare freedom with us or are institutionally incapable of doing so, must be left to the past into which, inevitably, they will recede and be forgotten.

It's time to let them go their way and survive or be damned on their own. It's time to come home.

Re: 9/11Never Forget - 09/12/10 01:13 AM

Re: 9/11Never Forget - 09/13/10 02:01 AM

I have personal reasons to remember this day as all americans should! This morning I called 2 FDNY men just to let them know I was thinking about them.

Re: 9/11Never Forget - 09/13/10 01:30 PM

I think most folks in the US have forgotten Sept. 11 and the dancing in the streets in the Islamic world.

Our first war as a new Nation was against Islamic fanatics (Barbary Pirates).

You have to understand what Islam (the Koran) teaches and what they belive or you will not understand the conflict.

Islam is against the West and its freedoms period.

I would say however, that recent events like the proposed Victory Mosque at Ground Zero (landing gear from Mohamad Atta's plane went through two stories of that building so it IS PART OF GROUND ZERO) have clearly shown that THEY have not forgotten.

When the next bomb goes off (conventional or nuclear) in America who is naive enough to think they will not dance again?

Most Americans do not understand this conflict but its not going away just because we dont understand it or try to appease them.

They have the right to build the mosque at Ground Zero but if they were really interested in peace and healing would they?

Thanks for reminding us and that post Mitch. I am done with this topic for this year.
Posted by: SoundsFishy

Re: 9/11Never Forget - 09/13/10 01:34 PM

I think most folks in the US have forgotten Sept. 11 and the dancing in the streets in the Islamic world.

Our first war as a new Nation was against Islamic fanatics (Barbary Pirates).

You have to understand what Islam (the Koran) teaches and what they belive or you will not understand the conflict.

Islam is against the West and its freedoms period.

I would say however, that recent events like the proposed Victory Mosque at Ground Zero (landing gear from Mohamad Atta's plane went through two stories of that building so it IS PART OF GROUND ZERO) have clearly shown that THEY have not forgotten.

When the next bomb goes off (conventional or nuclear) in America who is naive enough to think they will not dance again?

Most Americans do not understand this conflict but its not going away just because we dont understand it or try to appease them.

They have the right to build the mosque at Ground Zero but if they were really interested in peace and healing would they?

Thanks for reminding us and that post Mitch. I am done with this topic for this year.

Right on Old School !!!!! Could not agree more !! Our generation has seen the pussification of America!! May all that lost their lives rest in peace. And may all radical Islamists rot in hell.

Re: 9/11Never Forget - 09/13/10 02:15 PM

I will brake my rule and post again to say, " may all radical Islamists find the peace and forgiveness that Jesus Christ offers to all of us. I do not wish anyone to "rot in hell" (though it is where we all belong, apart from the grace of God, including me.)

Re: 9/11Never Forget - 09/13/10 02:22 PM

I for one will never forget as I was across the river in NJ at the Science Museum and heard the crackling of the burning buildings and saw them both go down. A freind of mine lost his father and my sister lost a few friends.

In my local Sunday paper there was actually a column that said Americans are being blind the fact that the Mosque should not be an issue and justifying it. Then I hear that there was a "gathering" of supporters for it Saturday at the site to try and offset the protesters for pruposed Mosque.

How freakin' insensitive can these people be??????? I am not sure that most Americans forgot, as OS mentioned, because all my friends and family didn't.

Re: 9/11Never Forget - 09/13/10 02:52 PM

I will brake my rule and post again to say, " may all radical Islamists find the peace and forgiveness that Jesus Christ offers to all of us. I do not wish anyone to "rot in hell" (though it is where we all belong, apart from the grace of God, including me.)

Kill every last one of them & the problem disappears.

Re: 9/11Never Forget - 09/13/10 02:56 PM

Only you Eddie!!!!!!!
Posted by: Captbillb

Re: 9/11Never Forget - 09/13/10 04:45 PM

One & All,
The awful memories of 9/11 evokes some very strong personal feelings over the lives lost that day in New York, Washington, and Pennsylvania, as well as those in Iraq and Afghanistan since that time. Many of those individuals I personally knew.
I will never forget the sight of the second plane slamming into the South Tower or watching the collapse of both buildings. We were at war from that moment on, and will remain at war until the ‘extremists’ are dead.
The flag that draped my father's casket (a sacred symbol of his service aboard the BILLFISH in WWII) has been flown on September 11th ever since the attacks took place. I’m confident that he would approve of this display of his flag.
What really upsets me, as stated in previous posts, is the fact that many in the U.S. do not realize that we have been in a state of war since that day in 2001 (and before), and will continue to be until the nefarious goals of those who'd do the citizens of our nation harm are either changed through diplomatic means (good luck) or by eliminating them I prefer the latter as there's no such thing as a 'Moderate' in regards to terrorists or those that would support them.
In regards to ‘tolerance’ towards Islamic building plans in NYC, when Catholic, Protestant, Synagogues, and other religious edifices are allowed to be built within the confines of Mecca, that’s when I’d say it’s acceptable for a mosque to be built within two blocks of ‘Ground Zero.’

Re: 9/11Never Forget - 09/13/10 05:14 PM

There should be no mosque near Ground Zero in New York so long as there are no churches or synagogues in Saudi Arabia . The time for
double standards that allow Islamists to behave aggressively toward us while they demand our weakness and submission is over.

The proposed "Cordoba House" overlooking the World Trade Center site –
where a group of jihadists killed over 3000 Americans and destroyed one of our most famous landmarks - is a test of the timidity,
passivity and historic ignorance of American elites. For example, most of them don’t understand that “Cordoba House” is a deliberately insulting term. It refers to Cordoba , Spain – the capital of Muslim
conquerors who symbolized their victory over the Christian Spaniards by transforming a church there into the world’s third-largest mosque
complex.

Today, some of the Mosque’s backers insist this term is being used to "symbolize interfaith cooperation" when, in fact, every Islamist in
the world recognizes Cordoba as a symbol of Islamic conquest. It is a sign of their contempt for Americans and their confidence in our
historic ignorance that they would deliberately insult us this way.
Those Islamists and their apologists who argue for "religious toleration" are arrogantly dishonest. They ignore the fact that more than 100 mosques already exist in New York City . Meanwhile, there are
no churches or synagogues in all of Saudi Arabia . In fact no Christian or Jew can even enter Mecca . And they lecture us about tolerance.

If the people behind the Cordoba House were serious about religious toleration, they would be imploring the Saudis, as fellow Muslims, to
immediately open up Mecca to all and immediately announce their intention to allow non-Muslim houses of worship in the Kingdom. They
should be asked by the news media if they would be willing to lead such a campaign.

We have not been able to rebuild the World Trade Center in nine years.
Now we are being told a 13 story, $100 million megamosque will be built within a year overlooking the site of the most devastating
surprise attack in American history.

Finally where is the money coming from? The people behind the Cordoba House refuse to reveal all their funding sources.
America is experiencing an Islamist cultural-political offensive designed to undermine and destroy our civilization. Sadly, too many of our elites are the willing apologists for those who would destroy them if they could.

Quoted from my HERO, Newt Gingrich

102 minutes that changed America - 09/11/11 12:55 PM

Anyone watching this? Pretty incredible never seen before footage..

Never Forget....

10 years later NEVER FORGET - 09/11/11 01:00 PM

I won't, it hit too close to home.

God Bless the victims and their families.

Hopefully they got a little closure with the death of Bin Laden. It won't bring their loved ones back but at least they know he was hunted down.

God Bless America!

Re: 10 years later NEVER FORGET - 09/11/11 01:05 PM

im not too close to the tragedy in that none of my family or friends were hurt or killed. still, listening on the way home this am to the run down of events, i was tearful.

evil comes in many forms. thankfully, good does as well.
Posted by: Trooper_Bri

Re: 102 minutes that changed America - 09/11/11 01:50 PM

Nope.

I'm watching THIS

Re: 102 minutes that changed America - 09/11/11 02:04 PM

Tmack - yeah man a great documentary. It will re air tonight at 9:00pm.

Never Forget !
Posted by: Capt. Karl

Heres one hardly seen. - 09/11/11 02:27 PM

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%...OJIBGIaLTBd7pBA

Re: Heres one hardly seen. - 09/11/11 02:43 PM

Just amazing.... Thanks for sharing...
Posted by: hookemdude

Re: Heres one hardly seen. - 09/11/11 02:59 PM

Wow. Thanks
Posted by: StarkC69

Re: Heres one hardly seen. - 09/11/11 03:15 PM

Awesome...thanks for sharing.

Re: 10 years later NEVER FORGET - 09/11/11 04:22 PM

Posted by: Joe Grenus

Re: Heres one hardly seen. - 09/11/11 04:31 PM

Very heart warming. Thanks Kapt.

Re: Heres one hardly seen. - 09/11/11 04:34 PM

EXCELLENT!
Posted by: Paul D.

Re: Heres one hardly seen. - 09/11/11 08:09 PM

The news you never hear or see. Incredible applause
Posted by: steve_c

Re: Heres one hardly seen. - 09/11/11 08:35 PM

great video, they had a story on npr about this today
Posted by: Bob G

Re: 10 years later NEVER FORGET - 09/11/11 09:29 PM

Amen.

Re: 10 years later NEVER FORGET - 09/12/11 12:53 PM

Life must go on, and Connecticut has much to appreciate
Charles Walsh, Correspondent
Published 06:25 p.m., Saturday, September 10, 2011

Writing a fishing column that will appear on Sept. 11, 2011, 10 years to the day since almost 3,000 people perished in the worst terrorist attack in history, seems, well, more than slightly presumptuous.

Right now, hundreds of boats are vying for the $25,000 first prize in a Long Island Sound bluefish tournament sponsored by a Bridgeport radio station. Some of those boats will drop their baited lines in areas where, 10 years ago, a strange column of ugly gray smoke could be seen twisting above the New York City skyline to the west. That was a weekday morning, so there were fewer boats on the water, but occupants of those boats must have wondered what the smoke was coming from. Maybe someone on a nearby boat that had a radio shouted over that a plane -- no, two planes -- had crashed into the World Trade Center in lower Manhattan. Suddenly, the fishing that once seemed so important was utterly trivial.

The anniversary of the 9/11 attack will not stop people from fishing, nor should it. Life must go on. But we hope that the competitors on those boats today will pause in their frantic search for the heaviest bluefish to take a few moments to gaze toward that western skyline to think about that terrible day when so many innocent people, so many of them from this state, died because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Rather than writing about the ins and outs of fishing today, I thought it would be more appropriate to point out something everybody knows, and that is how lucky we are to be living in a state as beautiful as Connecticut. Here are a few ideas for outdoor activities that might increase appreciation of what our fabulous state offers to the fortunate survivors.

1. Visit one or more of Connecticut's 64, yes 64, state parks. Better yet, get a tent and go camping in one.

2. Watch a sunrise from any Long Island Sound beach. Watch a sunset from that same beach.

3. Visit a state historical site like Nathan Hale Homestead in Coventry.

4. Cross the Connecticut River on one of the two car ferries in Glastonbury and Haddam Neck. Afterward, write a letter urging Gov. Dannel P. Malloy to never again even think of cutting funding to either of these great resources, no matter how anachronistic they might seem.

5. Hike a section of the 700 miles, yes 700 miles, of the state's Blue Blazed Trail System.

6. Visit one of the state's many greenway trails, like the Oxford Four Mile Brook Greenway that includes the Rockhouse Hill Preserve, Seymour's Mitchell Forest Open Space and the Seymour/Naugatuck segment of the Naugatuck State Park.

7. Hike the trail to the stone lookout tower in Kent Falls State Park. Along the way, take a gander at the spectacular 250-feet-high falls. If you want to know what Connecticut looked like before the European settlers arrived, the observation spots on the trail are where to do it.

8. Visit The Mark Twain House in Hartford. Even if America's greatest writer had not lived there, this beautiful piece of 19th century architecture is worth seeing.

9. Take a trip on the Valley Railroad in Essex. The steam locomotive chugs along a 12-mile track north along the Connecticut Valley.

10. Ride up Route 7 to Falls Village with its time-warped collection of art and antique shops. Have lunch or dinner at the recently reopened Falls Village Inn. While in town, take a look at the white water rapids of the upper Housatonic River where Olympic champions train.

Reach Charles Walsh at cwalsh@ctpost.com

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/sports/article/Lif...p#ixzz1XkKHUqSE

Re: 9/11 and rebuilding of the World Trade Center - 08/26/12 11:29 PM

With summer coming to a close, I took my kids on a little field trip last Wednesday to see the Statue of Liberty.

Here are a few pics of the progress they're making rebuilding at Ground Zero.

Posted by: air leak

Re: 9/11 and rebuilding of the World Trade Center - 08/27/12 01:20 PM

Nice pictures!

BTW...there isn't enough money in this world, to get me to work as a crane operator!
Posted by: EGGNOG

Re: 9/11 and rebuilding of the World Trade Center - 08/27/12 07:58 PM

Nice pictures. I have only seen the statue of liberty from a plane. Need to go see it in person. Nice edging to summer vacation.

Take a Moment... - 09/10/12 08:26 PM

Posted by: Trooper_Bri

Re: Take a Moment... - 09/10/12 09:23 PM

I'll never forget September 10'th.
Posted by: Tom59

Re: Take a Moment... - 09/10/12 11:35 PM

Really? Grouper or Trooper Bri, why make fun of one of the most notable dates in our history? Nice pic & reminder Tmack

Re: Take a Moment... - 09/10/12 11:40 PM

im just glad Obama found and killed that guy who organized it.
Posted by: FarmerJay

Re: Take a Moment... - 09/10/12 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: O-BASS

I agree this is a day to bow our heads and remember those that perished, but in my opinion, making a comment like this takes away from the Heroic effort that the Navy Seals made while Obama sat safe and sound back in the white house! He didn't find or kill anyone.
Posted by: triton186

Re: Take a Moment... - 09/10/12 11:58 PM

i can't believe i just read that facepalm

although i can't speak for the man, my assumption is that Tmack's intent of this thread is to remember and honor those that were lost...

Posted by: jonh

Re: Take a Moment... - 09/11/12 12:09 AM

what a douche
Posted by: Albiemanmike

Re: Take a Moment... - 09/11/12 02:20 AM

Here we go! Nice memorial Tmack.

Re: 9/11 Never Forget - 09/11/12 04:56 AM

Posted by: mattmann7

Re: 9/11 Never Forget - 09/11/12 10:21 AM

Thanks for keeping the memory going forward. The picture has been saved as background.

Re: 9/11 Never Forget - 09/11/12 10:49 AM

Today will forever leave a knot in my gut.

Never Forget.

Re: 9/11 Never Forget - 09/11/12 11:07 AM

agreed. every year, you can feel something different in the air in the morning, like a bit of solemn rememberance.

that morning we sat in conducting class once word came, watching tower 2 fall. most of us in tears, the rest of us in bewildered disbelief. the city of danbury came to a standstill on the streets as word spread. i remember being able to hear a pindrop across campus.
Posted by: genobrew

Re: 9/11 Never Forget - 09/11/12 11:12 AM

Amen Brother, a sad, sad day.

Re: 9/11 Never Forget - 09/11/12 11:47 AM

Today on the way to school, my son said there was some "event" at school and kind of rolled his eyes in a sarcastic way (as any 15 year boy might do). He was 4.5 when it happened.

I pulled the car over and we talked about Sept 11th for a few minutes. He gets it now, I can assure you.

Peace !

Re: 9/11 Never Forget - 09/11/12 11:57 AM

We have already forgotten why 9/11/01 happened and we will pay a high price in the very near future I believe.

We forget that the entire Islamic world rejoyced that day and still do, I remember on 9/11/01 while Israel and many other nations shed a tear with us, there was dancing in the streets in Cairo, Ramallah, Ammon, Gaza, West Bank, Tehran, ad nauseum.

And now we stand by while Iran gets nukes...what do you think they will do when they get them? ...they have already said...

And we shame the memory of all the victims that were murdered that day by Islamic extremists.
Posted by: KillTaker

Re: 9/11 Never Forget - 09/11/12 12:00 PM

Old School, Why did it happen????

Re: 9/11 Never Forget - 09/11/12 12:18 PM

KillTaker, why dont you just believe the terrorists who did it, they said why they did it.

They did it to murder Americans in the name of Allah and his prophet Mohammed.

To destroy the Great Satan (America) and the little Satan (Israel)

Am I missing something? those were their words not mine...have you forgotten?
Posted by: KillTaker

Re: 9/11 Never Forget - 09/11/12 12:21 PM

No, I just wanted to know what you meant by what you said. It almost sounded like you were saying that they attacked us because we are such a "God-less" country. I am not saying you believe that, but I have met people that use the tone you used say that. I just wanted to clear it up. I don't want to stir anything up today.

Re: 9/11 Never Forget - 09/11/12 12:36 PM

Was watching last night "Voices from 9-11" which had a bunch of voicemails and calls from people stuck in the towers. Very upsetting show.

Re: 9/11 Never Forget - 09/11/12 05:51 PM

We have already forgotten why 9/11/01 happened and we will pay a high price in the very near future I believe.

We forget that the entire Islamic world rejoyced that day and still do, I remember on 9/11/01 while Israel and many other nations shed a tear with us, there was dancing in the streets in Cairo, Ramallah, Ammon, Gaza, West Bank, Tehran, ad nauseum.

And now we stand by while Iran gets nukes...what do you think they will do when they get them? ...they have already said...

And we shame the memory of all the victims that were murdered that day by Islamic extremists.

Especially when you have one in the white house....This guy is one of them!!!

Re: 9/11 Never Forget - 09/12/12 11:43 AM

Killtaker,

You are confusing America with the Demacratic party lol

They are godless and hate Israel, just watch their vote from their Convention, which did not even pass lol

I did not know just how relevant my post on 9/11/12 was.

President Carter got our Ambasadours captured, President Obama got them killed. More successful Demecratic forein policy.

Obama' first reaction from the White House was to condemn those who would insult Islam....shameful!!!!

Given enough time he may just start WW III

My good friend is just graduating from Ft. Benning Georgia boot camp Army Airborne and I pray he gets a new Commander in Cheif

Re: 9/11 Never Forget - 09/12/12 12:32 PM

We are really going here on the September 11th thread ? ?

Show some respect and take it to the Chum Bucket.

Re: 9/11 Never Forget - 09/12/12 01:20 PM

Wow!!!! Not seeing that!

I think we knew where he was all along. We simply just listened to his "chatter" so to speak, to identify all of the cells around the world, and once we felt we had a good handle on them, They gave the order. He probably gave up everyone and didn't even know it.

To say OAsshole found and killed him is really Fukd!
Posted by: SteveY

Re: 9/11 Never Forget - 09/12/12 01:46 PM

Thanks Mitch for posting the pictures, Tmack for the memorial photo and swwind for keeping focus.

Re: 9/11 Never Forget - 09/12/12 01:54 PM

By the Way Mitch great Pics, Ive been a few times, but the kids haven't.
Posted by: mikek06511

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/12/12 02:31 PM

Found on his property by Capt Hoop after Katrina

Posted by: carlynewlondon

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/16/12 02:43 PM

If we are going to remember 9/11 we should also take some time to know more about the belief system that caused it.

Of course the problems continue

Here is a perspective we should all be aware of. The video is a 4 minute clip of a much longer discussion. Should be required listening for everyone.

Re: 9/11 Still Haunting...... - 09/24/12 02:14 PM

Last Friday at the 911 Memorial. Very difficult to see all those names cut into the metal rim.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/13 12:00 AM

9/11. Never forget. Progress continues at Ground Zero ...

Posted by: Lead Head

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/13 12:57 AM

Mark Sanner "Fuzzy2u in my opinion was 100 percent right. He made the comment many years ago that politics do not matter. Lets face it political beliefs, religious beliefs, whatever it is need to be put aside at times. NOT ONE AMERICAN WILL FORGET THAT DAY!!! We all know where we were and what we were doing. We all were affected somehow. Everyone that lost their life that day is in our thoughts and will remain. We all have faith in something (I bet even Carly does too). Hopefully today we can all get along and reflect upon that horrible day and put differences aside and wish well for each other,

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/13 08:21 AM

Well said.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/13 08:40 AM

Yes, well said.

Never Forget..................
Posted by: MermaidCT

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/13 09:38 AM

This commercial aired only once during the Super Bowl January 2002.
A wonderful and touching tribute to this terrible event

I pray for every American and anyone anywhere that this event touched
Never forget
God bless America

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J3eQmzw6n3k&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DJ3eQmzw6n3k
Posted by: sdbass50

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/13 10:15 AM

Still brings a tear to my eyes bow2

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/13 05:37 PM

NEVER FORGET

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/13 11:08 PM

Our flags were flown at half staff down here in memory of that day. Mine is lit and I just went out and put it back up before turning in for the night.

Re: 9/11 - Never forget - 09/10/14 09:33 PM

Re: 9/11 - Never forget - 09/10/14 10:37 PM

With recent events and Obama's lack of action against the latest threats to our freedoms and way of life there is all the more reason to remember the darkest day in American history. Everyone and I mean everyone needs to get out and vote this election and show these ineffective politicians that we are fed up and sick of their bull**** and that they all are going to be looking for new jobs. The Obama establishment has over stayed their welcome and needs to be sent packing NOW!
Posted by: carlynewlondon

Re: 9/11 - Never forget - 09/11/14 12:27 AM

I'm flying today just as I had planned to that day. It sends a shiver up my back to think about some people I knew who were in the towers that day and had I been flying to/from somewhere else what my own fate could have been.

It's disgraceful how politics has gotten in the way of eliminating the threat that harmed us and the apparatus that's been put in place to supposedly defend us from it. Our government has used this terrible event to exert more control over our lives, exact revenge on their perceived enemies while failing to address the true culprits, radical Islam. The fact that we let the warlords fight our war by proxy in Afghanistan in the early days of this war while we wasted a trillion dollars in Iraq is criminal. While this has been happening we continue playing nice with the Saudis who fund the terrorists and train them in their Wahhabi schools.

Three different presidents have screwed up the lead up, execution, and aftermath of this tragedy and ensuing debacle which appears to be ready to last for a generation to come. It still fills me with sadness to think back on the days and weeks immediately following what happened that day. I can't ever forget.

Re: 9/11 - Never forget - 09/11/14 09:18 AM

carly said,

"It's disgraceful how politics has gotten in the way of eliminating the threat that harmed us and the apparatus that's been put in place to supposedly defend us from it. Our government has used this terrible event to exert more control over our lives, exact revenge on their perceived enemies while failing to address the true culprits, radical Islam. The fact that we let the warlords fight our war by proxy in Afghanistan in the early days of this war while we wasted a trillion dollars in Iraq is criminal. While this has been happening we continue playing nice with the Saudis who fund the terrorists and train them in their Wahhabi schools.

Three different presidents have screwed up the lead up, execution, and aftermath of this tragedy and ensuing debacle which appears to be ready to last for a generation to come. It still fills me with sadness to think back on the days and weeks immediately following what happened that day. I can't ever forget."

I agree with every word carly.

America has forgotten already and I suspect much worse is to come, especially with our open borders. September 11th 2001 proved the front lines could be anywhere, my office, your office.

I honor not only the people murdered that day but also the brave soldiers who have fought and died to protect us since.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/14 09:52 AM

Posted by: pbd

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/14 09:46 PM

I love my country it is the government that I don't trust
Worked in NYC was there that day and lost our next door neighbor with four children
Posted by: scooter72

Re: 9/11 - Never forget - 09/14/14 12:27 PM

carly said,

"It's disgraceful how politics has gotten in the way of eliminating the threat that harmed us and the apparatus that's been put in place to supposedly defend us from it. Our government has used this terrible event to exert more control over our lives, exact revenge on their perceived enemies while failing to address the true culprits, radical Islam. The fact that we let the warlords fight our war by proxy in Afghanistan in the early days of this war while we wasted a trillion dollars in Iraq is criminal. While this has been happening we continue playing nice with the Saudis who fund the terrorists and train them in their Wahhabi schools.

America has forgotten already and I suspect much worse is to come, especially with our open borders. September 11th 2001 proved the front lines could be anywhere, my office, your office.

I honor not only the people murdered that day but also the brave soldiers who have fought and died to protect us since.

Well said. And just for the record I havent forgot and I hope and pray the rest of America hasnt either.

Re: 9/11 - Never forget - 11/03/14 02:01 PM

World Trade Center reopens for business 13 years after 9/11

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/03/res...years-after-11/

Re: 9/11 - Never forget - 09/11/15 12:20 AM

Posted by: JohnS

Re: 9/11 - Never forget - 09/11/15 04:50 AM

AMEN to that Mitch. There was a rainbow where the trade centers were yesterday!

Re: 9/11 - Never forget - 09/11/15 07:50 AM

Not a chance!

Re: 9/11 - Never forget - 09/11/15 09:31 AM

Never!
Posted by: GasCan

Re: 9/11 - Never forget - 09/11/15 01:58 PM

Every time I drive over the Throgs Neck Bridge and don't see those towers I become enraged...

[img]http://www.ctfisherman.com/ubbthreads/pi...light_world_tra[/img]

Re: 9/11 - Never forget - 09/11/15 03:14 PM

One of the most vivid memories of the whole morning was as the whole world shed a tear for America....the Islamic world capitals were rejoicing with glee.

I never would have thought in less than 15 years the President of America would be negotiating with the Islamic Republic of Iran while they chant "death to America" openly.

Sadly, as a nation, we have forgotten.

If you have children and grandchildren, I would be concerned. Remind them to watch the recorded events of that day so they can see the reality of the enemy we still face today.

Re: 9/11 - Never forget - 09/11/15 04:33 PM

Never forget..................I still remember where I was, what I was doing...
Then busting in on the President Of Kamtics, in a meeting, telling them Our Country was under
Attack......
A day that will be forever burned in my memory for the rest of my life.

R.I.P. to all those who lost their lives, and God Bless the first responders, strangers, and just regular folks, never
thinking of their own safety, and just forging forward to save the lives of as many people as they could.
May All the families who lost love ones, feel the hearts breaking for their pain and loss.

Never Forget.....
Posted by: buckcall

Re: 9/11 - Never forget - 09/11/15 06:33 PM

You nailed on the head Oldschool. It only took until 2008 for them to forget.

Re: 9/11 - Never forget - 09/10/16 11:44 PM

Never forget.

Re: 9/11 - Never forget - 09/11/16 01:27 AM

Impossible to forget.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/16 07:08 AM

Saybrook Town green as 2,977 flags up representing the countries as well as the lives lost. No one is taking credit so the focus stays where it should be.

Never forget!

I was in that area yesterday, I wish I knew about this I definitely would have stopped.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/16 07:38 AM

Can not believe it has been 15 years and it still brings tears to my eyes.. We need a new policy to hunt those like minded fkers down and not let them in our great country!!!God bless....

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/16 07:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Frank

Saybrook Town green as 2,977 flags up representing the countries as well as the lives lost. No one is taking credit so the focus stays where it should be.

Never forget!

I was in that area yesterday, I wish I knew about this I definitely would have stopped.

I took a wrong turn yesterday from crabbing and saw this, it was amazing to see all those flags gave me goose bumps.
Never forget all the lost lives. Never forget the evil bastards who did this.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/16 09:55 AM

Never, ever forget! And pro athletes feel a need to make a stand and not respect the anthem, bs!
Posted by: Captbillb

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/16 11:11 AM

I'll never forget...
Our Nation's flag is flying in front of my home today.
Sadly, the NFL & Goodell would rather have players disrespecting our country than honoring those who lost their lives on 9/11 and those who have sacrificed theirs since then.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/09/police-unio...ars-911-cleats/
Posted by: ChunkDunker

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/16 11:32 AM

Never forget! Thoughts and prayers for loved ones lost

Capt. Bill - thanks for the link. Absolutely disgusting the NFL. And not one pre game show mentions this!

CD

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/16 01:30 PM

Watching some of the ceremonies this morning still brings tears to my eyes and a knot in my stomach.......Never Forget!
Speaking of the Pro athletes.... I saw this the other day and though I've never served my country.... I'm sure this person did....
Posted by: SWMPYNKE

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/16 01:33 PM

Let's let some more GITMO garbage out so maybe the next big scale attack might be more tragic if that is possible. Community organizer MORON!!! How can a rational thinking person not feel that he has a chip on his shoulder the size of Manhattan and hates this country!!! Is there no end to the insanity???

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/16 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: SWMPYNKE
Let's let some more GITMO garbage out so maybe the next big scale attack might be more tragic if that is possible. Community organizer MORON!!! How can a rational thinking person not feel that he has a chip on his shoulder the size of Manhattan and hates this country!!! Is there no end to the insanity???

That bastard will at least be gone soon, good riddance!!!

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/12/16 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: Conrad G.

That bastard will at least be gone soon, good riddance!!!

yes, he will be gone, and replaced by the ice queen. you think its bad now?

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/12/16 06:28 AM

You see I am one of the ones who think she will get washed...

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/17 06:31 AM

9/11. Never forget.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/17 06:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Conrad G.
You see I am one of the ones who think she will get washed...

biggrin

Praying for the lost
frown. NEVER FORGET!!!!

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/17 07:54 AM

Never forget.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/17 10:10 AM

Never Forget!
Posted by: Capt_Jay

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/17 10:23 AM

Never Forget - flags at half mast.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/17 10:33 AM

NEVER DAMN IT>

NEVER>>>>
Posted by: onthewater102

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/17 11:01 AM

Time goes by so fast doesn't it? Hard to believe there will soon be kids graduating high school born after it.

Not forgotten.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/18 10:02 AM

9/11. Never forget.

Posted by: ChunkDunker

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/18 11:23 AM

Never Forget!

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/18 07:42 PM

God Bless.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/18 09:29 PM

Never Forget.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/12/18 09:50 AM

I will never, ever forget!!!!

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/19 05:58 AM

Never forget.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/19 06:00 AM

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/19 06:03 AM

Never forget...

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/19 07:23 AM

Never forget 19 Islamic Jihadists hijacked 4 commercial passenger airliners and crashed 3 of them into the World Trade Center Towers and the Pentagon. The other was headed to the Capital when it was heroically brought down by passengers.

“Greater love has no man than this that he lay down his life for his friends.” John 15:13

Or as a sitting Democratic Congresswoman said recently,” some people did something “

Many have forgotten

Many woke up that morning to a bright sunny day and did not realize it would be their last on this earth and their appointment to meat their Creator

John 1:12

Make sure your ready friends

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/19 08:20 AM

Never Forget

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/19 09:56 AM

I will never forget that horrifying day and the flood of emotions that took over my entire being! I still have never been down to Ground Zero but I should make it a point to get down there and say my peace to those who payed the ultimate price 18 years ago. The one thing that still sticks in my mind after all these years is the following Saturday I took the boat out and launched out of Niantic to hunt Albies but more to just decompress. I floating around out by the Gulls and it was so eerily quiet and serene. I mean there were very few boats anywhere and not a single plane or contrail anywhere to be seen. Then as if to shake me out of the daze and let me know "hey we are still alive and this is still America" 2 F-15's came streaking overhead at a couple thousand feet. Something you never see out around those parts but I did that day and many others afterwards.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/19 11:57 AM

Never forget 19 Islamic Jihadists hijacked 4 commercial passenger airliners and crashed 3 of them into the World Trade Center Towers and the Pentagon. The other was headed to the Capital when it was heroically brought down by passengers.

“Greater love has no man than this that he lay down his life for his friends.” John 15:13

Or as a sitting Democratic Congresswoman said recently,” some people did something “

Many have forgotten

Many woke up that morning to a bright sunny day and did not realize it would be their last on this earth and their appointment to meat their Creator

John 1:12

Make sure your ready friends

PLEASE Take your proselytizing garbage elsewhere, and dont cloud this somber thread with your beliefs, and most importantly threats to other members. Thanks to archaic beliefs much like yours, 19 Islamic nutjobs killed thousands all in the name of thier beliefs.

We have a whole thread to air that stuff, so lets have a little class and respect. Today is a day of remembrance for EVERY American, those who share any thoughts.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/19 04:12 PM

I remember being up in Swanton VT. Fishing Lake Champlain. We had no internet, no TV, heck we didn’t even have a cell phone I don’t think. We only had the intel from our spouses and a fuzzy black-and white TV at the office at Campbells Bay where we rented the cottages. Fishing the rest of the week was somber to say the least.

I sure as hell haven’t forgotten.
Posted by: Firefighter Skippy

Re: 9/11 - Never forget - 09/11/19 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: JohnS
Impossible to forget.

It certainly is.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/12/19 06:56 AM

I came across this last night.

IMO - 12 minutes worth watching. Its a thread of the 911 story that I had not fully understood.

The largest boat evacuation in history. Narration by Tom Hanks.

Hot Link - Largest Evacuation

Posted by: danny k

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/12/19 07:54 AM

#1 My cousing Jimmy Waters from Litchfield was killed in the towers that day.
#2 My Grandfather was a POW in Heppenheim POW Camp in Germany.
#3 I am a service connected Gulf War Veteran
#4 Have spent a lot of time overseas and in the Middle East.
#5 No not all but many Muslims and non Muslems are Radicalized to Blame the USA for their problems
#6 The human mind is susceptible to being twisted and propagandized as history has shown for several thousand years
#7 History has the unique ability to repeat itself.
#8 We will always be one generation away from losing this country.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/12/19 08:05 AM

The NY Times said online that “airplanes took aim at the twin towers “

How disgusting and insensitive to those murdered by purposeful actions of Islamic jihadis.

Thankfully thousands forced the newspaper to correct its horrible and deceptive attempt to misinform those who were not alive at the time.

Yes, everyone, myself included, believed when the first airplane hit the tower it was a tragic accident.

But who can forget the shock at how EVIL these murderers were when on live TV the 2nd plane was also purposefully flown right into the 2nd tower.

Then announcements of a third plane hitting the Pentagon (where my cousin was stationed at the time)

.......and then reports of a plane down in a farm field in Pennsylvania.

Muslim Democrat Illion Omar describes 9/11 flippantly as, “some people did something “

She was thankfully called out by the son of one killed in the towers yesterday.

Democrat open border policy most likely means that in the not too distant future we will see a terrorist set off a suitcase nuke and vaporize an American city......then in a few minutes another city will blow.......then another.........many HAVE forgotten.

How did the 19 hijackers get in our country.......they over stayed their visas

Now, they would not even have to do that.......they can just use a child as a human shield and walk in.

Foolish and suicidal policy.......and it will very likely have a price tag much bigger than 9/11........because people have forgotten BOTH why and how 9/11 happened.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/13/19 07:25 AM

I will never forget. Was the the Liberty Science museum across the river and watched as both towers went down. They set up a Mobil medical area in the parking lot and no one came to save or be worked on. I will never, ever forget the shock we were in and the sounds of the buildings going down. Prayers to all the families.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/13/19 08:34 AM

That was a VERY sobering recollection. Almost no survivors.

Obviously since, many of the responders have died and become sick because of breathing all the toxins....,.but that is a vivid memory......living or dead.......almost no in between.

Also the sickening sight of folks by the hundreds choosing to jump to their death rather than burn......some holding hands.

Trapped on the floors above where the planes were piloted by the Jihadis

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/13/19 08:58 AM

I changed a lot of the way I thought and approached life in the months following that terrible day, as I'm sure many of us have.
Posted by: Don P

REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/09/20 08:47 PM

Remember 9/11 and be PISSED!!!

Watching Nat Geo right now "9/11 Control the Skies" when Canadian airports were demanding all planes to land in Canada. Interesting....never heard that before.

Tomorrow night on Nat Geo at 9PM is "Bin Laden's Hard Drive" when we killed him and took his computer.

Lots of shows in between.

USA !!!!!

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/09/20 08:48 PM

.....c’mon Trump 2020 if you support the USA troops and resources for them to defend all of our interests.

I’m a registered Independent btw.

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/09/20 09:01 PM

That was a tough day never to be forgotten!
Posted by: JMike

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/09/20 10:35 PM

I have just about every documentary on 9/11 (many are NatGeo or Smithsonian) on DVR. Every September I fly a special 9/11 flag in place of the Betsy Ross I fly all year on my 20 ft. flag pole. I also wear a FDNY bracelet for the month with the name of Rescue 1 Firefighter Joseph Angelini. Firefighter Angelini also lost a son who was assigned to a different ladder company. I can't imagine what those families went through. I never met Firefighter Angelini but we had one thing in common. He was the oldest member of Rescue 1 in NYC and I was the oldest member of Rescue 1 in Hartford. My daughter (a teacher) also wears a 9/11 bracelet for the month. Hers is named for Captain Timothy Stackpole. Captain Stackpole had literally just returned to duty after being out for nearly a year recovering from a serious burn injury at a fire. Then he dies on 9/11.
I watch every show every year. Never gets old. Just as heart wrenching every time.
So speaking of being pissed, how many remember the news casts following the event which showed dancing in the streets, the celebrations and whooping it up for what just happened to the USA. Not just crazed jehadists with AK's shooting off into the air. Everybody. Women, kids, old men. Everybody. It was like the 4th of July at Epcot in Disney. Of course that hasn't been shown for years now. Too "inflammatory" I guess. But it did make me wonder at the time what all the fuss was over collateral damage and hurting the wrong people. Who exactly were the "wrong" people I ask.

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/09/20 10:46 PM

Great traditions and good points Mike.

The enemies are still as real in 2020 as they were in 2001. Anti-American sentiments don’t end with Bin Laden and other extreme leaders, when they’re gone others step in to rally the anti-American movement which is ever real.

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/10/20 05:29 AM

I remember I was up at Lake Champlain out on the water on a fishing trip. A member of our party got the call. We went down to the “store” at Campbells Bay to look at the news on a black and white TV that just about got reception. Way before smart phones. News was sketchy, but we knew it was bad.

I never have forgot, never will. Hope those SOB’s are burning in hell.

On the bright side it’s my mother in laws 75th Birthday tomorrow. Will be celebrating that via zoom, and remembering all the hero’s and poor lost innocent souls that lost their lives that horrible day.

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/10/20 06:32 AM

I remember it always. Very surreal. Another glorious product of religion.
Posted by: Iuse2fish

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/10/20 07:44 AM

My brother-in-law, Battalion Chief Orio Palmer died on 9/11. He is in many of the documentaries that are on TV on 9/11. He made it to the 78th floor of the South Tower before it came down. 19 years later it is still fresh in my families minds. Never forget.

Bob

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/10/20 07:45 AM

I remember it always. Very surreal. Another glorious product of religion.

There he is....... It’s a product of sick terrorism. Many people that believe in religion perished and their families leaned on their beliefs, and still do, to get them through this. We all know your an atheist, that’s fine, but please don’t lump all religion into terrorism.

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/10/20 07:50 AM

Definitely remember when 1st plane hit thinking it was an accident like when the B25 hit the Empire State Building

Then when the 2nd plane hit everyone knew it was an attack

Lots of blind eyes led to it since the 1993 Twin Tower bombing........its not like Islamic Terrorist didn’t pick a new target.......they just succeeded in 2001

The Cole attack was also an indicator

Open borders assure another worse event soon.......maybe suitcase nukes

We have not learned much since 9/11/01..........who would have thought Americans would be burning US flags and dancing in the streets?

Shame on you Obass.......it was Islam........and both Islam and Communism still want to rule the entire world.

My guess is, next time it will be a pre emptive nuke strike by Communist and America will fade off the scene to the cheers of most of the rest of the world.

God has blessed and made America very special........but most Americans have turned away from God........and most of the rest of the world will not shed a tear when we are gone.

One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all...........today for folks like Obass.......that’s hate speech.

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/10/20 07:57 AM

Kind of a separate thought.......but one I will never forget that day.

On the radio, the Emergency Broadcast System was never activated.......I remember thinking........if this does not triggger it.......what on earth ever will?

I’ll always think that system should be defunded now and I’ll never take it seriously because of that.

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/10/20 09:04 AM

One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all...........today for folks like Obass.......that’s hate speech.

Only the fictitious, added in in the 50s , unprovable " under god" part. That's on you sir, that's your preferred method of hate speech. Take those two words out, and we stand together. With them in, and you defile the names and lives of those who fight for liberty and justice everywhere.

Reality is all we have. Thousands dead in the name of the unprovable. They cheered in the streets like it was a victory for thier side. If the war was over a rock at least you get the rock at the end for the winner.

Horrible.

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/10/20 09:54 AM

Why was it added in the 50’s.?

We already had our national motto from the 4th line of our National Anthem on our money, “In God We Trust“

It was added because millions of Americans who just had 400,000 of their fathers and sons die in the meat grinders that were WWII and Korea wanted to thank Almighty God for getting us through those nightmares.

You realize they added under God because Americans wanted to do that.

You act as if it was added by force........Americans did that Obass......you realize that?

Communists / Marxists are right now.......burning US Fags, Businesses and dancing in the streets........do you see that........they are godless Marxist who openly call for and actively destroy people and property.

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/10/20 01:01 PM

You're the same as them, sir. Only you could spin 400000 deaths as a something to thank an unprovable for. Disgusting, AND pathetic. Shame on you sir for disrespecting thier sacrifice as something of a good thing.

Not to mention the slaughter of the Jews at the hands of religious motives. Blind eye that all you want.

No drugs = no drug addicts.
No religion = no religious terrorism.

The math is simple for those willing to tell the truth.

3k dead, and I remember the cause daily.

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/10/20 02:26 PM

I realize 9/11 is a very emotional topic (then, currently and forever) for many of us for many reasons.

How can we hope for no conflicts, no terrorism, no war if two of our own CTF brothers can’t get along???

You can see how the “my beliefs” vs “your beliefs” is a force in human nature that can spill into larger arguments, groups, conflict, terrorism, war, etc....

I’m all for free speech and beliefs, but let’s keep it civil at least amongst our CTF Family.

We can all be different while still being together as Americans living in America, and remember the fallen, those who serve/served our country and the families of all.

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/10/20 02:54 PM

What did I say that was uncivil?

You asked us to remember 911, and i am. Noone has ever gone to war for "not a God". 911 was caused by......... people who acted directly in the name of a God. We dont lie about things here on CTF, this is big boy talk right? 911 was caused by religion, just not the preferred flavor of most of America. 3k plus dead. OS hints we should give thanks for things like that. Lunacy. I watched those people die on live television from the Charles Ives stage in white hall at wcsu instead of my conducting class that day. I never felt i had chosen so meaningless a career up until then.

He excuses one form of idiocy and wrong doing by pointing out a totally separate form, neither linked aside from thier end result of destruction and pointlessness. It's the tactic of someone on the losing side of a debate- the classic red herring. Using it is the first sign of loss- remember that in all of life. Any time someone does it to you they are likely wrong about the subject, and hiding something regarding it.

Disagree? Prove me wrong- 911 was caused by religion is my claim. Think for yourself folks.

I get along with OS just fine. I beat him to the punch here for once. Had I not, he would have hit you with a right winged sermon about the good lord blessing us and blah blah blah. His track record proves my claim on a variety of holiday, remembrance and other threads.

You'll know when I'm uncivil.

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/10/20 03:17 PM

Well in hindsight I did title it “...And Be Pissed!!!” rolleyes ....I just didn’t expect it would be pissed amongst us CTFers....and was expecting it to be more of a remembrance than an internal CTF battle.

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/10/20 04:14 PM

You twist words well Obass......folk can clearly see what I wrote.

We are still one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/10/20 05:06 PM

They did what they did because they hate Americans and are terrorists! also Islam doesn't teach terrorism, The Taliban does. Religion is healing, soothing and comforting for millions of people in this country and helped many through 911, even if you think it is BS. No need to kill everyone's beliefs because your an ashiest. Don throws up something to be pissed and remember and you automatically turn it into a religious beef.

I was at the Science Museum and watched the second plane slam into the building from Jersey City. One of my good friends lost his father and enlisted in the marines to kill them. Many, many stories and horrors we all went through. Like Don said we should all just remember, be happy we have tightened our boarders and that nothing like that ever happens again, if you believe in god or not.
Posted by: Capt_Jay

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/10/20 05:19 PM

One thing I never talk about amongst friends is politics, and religion.

Everyone is entitled to thier own beliefs, and that should be respected by all.... whether or not you agree...you must agree that people are entitled to believe in what they choose to believe...that's what makes America great. The freedom of choice, and respect by fellow Americans.

I respect both Old Schools and O-Bass beliefs. If everyone can show them same respect we would all be in a better America.

Back to the point of this thread, let us all remember those who passed during this terrible time.

If your religious, pray for them, if your not, please remember them and those who made the ultimate sacrifice to try and save them.

Peace out.

~Jay

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/10/20 09:43 PM

2 Fish, my condolences to your family and all the 9/11 families. I didn't know anyone personally who died there. But I did learn quite a bit about Chief Palmer and Fire Marshall Buco, both marathon runners with indescribable courage. I can still hear Chief Palmer (from the documentary) communicating with Ladder 15 and reporting conditions to command. Eerie hearing their voices then knowing what followed, even to this day. I never worked at the site but did attend several firefighter funerals in the months to follow. 343 firefighters and around 100 cops died there. Over 800 deaths have been attributed to post 9/11 cancers and illnesses among cops and firefighters.

Don started this thread as a remembrance of 9/11 and all those innocent lives lost. Unfortunately half the thread has turned into an argument over religion which should have gone immediately over to the Politics and Religion section where it belongs.

My heart is with all the families, most still suffering, and I salute the heroism of all those who made the supreme sacrifice that day in their valiant efforts to save whoever they could.

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/10/20 10:03 PM

Bob my condolences

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/10/20 10:26 PM

Chris,

Islam explicitly teaches terrorism, in no uncertain terms. I can send you the exact words from the Quaran if youd like. You are mistaken.

The thread is titled " get pissed", not respectfully honor the fallen...otherwise I wouldnt have chimed it. JMike, you missed that.

But like a lot of other things in life, and like most people understandably, few actually do anything or change thier thinking. 911 was a small step towards me not making excuses, not apologizing, and not trying to justify the need for war causing senselessness like this any longer. Years later it would come to a well researched and well reasoned pinnacle.

People attacked this country in the name of a religion- do not try to claim it's something else like hating america. Why do they hate america? Because they must as dictated by thier chosen religion. How do you not get that? Well, I'll tell you why: the moment you call out and denounce the Islamic faith for what it is- a murder crazy war oriented death cult founded by a pedophile- you instantly open the door to exposure of the validity of your own chosen faith. You think you can keep some arguementitive footing by drawing a fictitious line between those who act upon the words of thier faith and those who select just the happy lines and are decent people, but you cannot do so. So you apologise for 3k people dead with the fake justification that it was just a few crazies. WRONG. Read the book. Word for f'n word it's right there!!! Kill the non believers, and here is how to do it!

Stop doing it. All it takes is the balls to respect those who died for no good reason unwillingly,and the folks who willingly and selflessly walked into a collapsing burning skyscraper to try and help them and paid for thier heroism with thier lives. Each and every one of those people were killed by people who were acting specifically in the name of the teachings of a religion.

They KNOW you will make excuses for thier faith just like you did- they were planning on it. The American justice system grows stale and slower each day, and grants the guilty time and tolerance not afforded in other places. Islam relies upon this, knowing if it can turn a mindset and fool enough people into thinking its peaceful then they have an in and they have won the battle. They have watched america do it with christianity already and count on liberal acceptance.

A man who saw it first hand and who's friends father died, just softened, differentiated and made excuses for tolerating the core tenements of the faith that caused all that hurt and death. You are the proof of my point, and they payoff of thier gamble, Chris.

Ask your all powerful all knowing and all controlling God of choice why he allowed the deaths (wait for the OS wiggle and spin on that one , he will tell you humanity reaps what it sows ((in an amazingly coincidental way he is right!)) and God let's us suffer.) When it answers, let me know. Lean on that for comfort.

You think you're pissed about 911, everyone? When you stop kidding yourself about why it happened, do the research and discover yourself what that reason is I promise you few things in this life will anger you more than knowing you have been decieved in the lowest way by your own fellow man.

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/10/20 10:33 PM

I wont respect the beliefs of anyone or any group who thinks I should be dead, Jay. Nice words from a guy who routinely helps others here on CTF selflessly, and I've respected from day 1 and I understand what youre saying. But....

Islam wants you and I dead. You can respect thier right to BELIEVE that, right up until the point they ACT upon that belief, I guess.

I'll nip it in the bud, and show the Islamic faith no respect at all right from the start. None. Old School and I agree on this topic sooooo much it's hard to believe, but he has his world at stake if he trips up here.... As soon as he really pulls the rug out on Islam, he knows his faith is next in line. It's a slippery slope. JFM walks it too.

If everyone showed the same respect you did towards the viewpoint of islam this country would be blown sky high 5 times over. Thankfully enough people at the top see Islam for what it really is and keep it in check.

No tolerance for lies, No respect for those who are called to kill us by a belief system. Stop apologizing for lunacy.

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/10/20 10:49 PM

I'd encourage all those who would say a meaningless prayer tomorrow to also donate a canned good to a food pantry locally in the name of those we lost. One action measurably makes the world better and honors the fallen simultaneously.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/10/20 10:59 PM

Thought it was very interesting to hear Osama Bin Laden's niece weigh-in on things recently:
https://nypost.com/2020/09/05/osama-bin-ladens-niece-says-only-trump-can-prevent-another-9-11/

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/20 06:22 AM

Never forget.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/20 06:51 AM

Thinking of all of those innocent lives taken 9/11/2001 in the planes, in the twin towers, in the Pentagon, those who responded, those who died days and years later from complications associated with it.....plus all the military aftermath and those who died, served and serve.......and all of the families and friends of all of those people. Unfortunately since 9/11 lost lives and efforts continue to this day and into the tomorrows.

God Bless America

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/20 07:42 AM

..........One Nation, under God, Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All!

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/11/20 11:26 AM

I'd encourage all those who would say a meaningless prayer tomorrow to also donate a canned good to a food pantry locally in the name of those we lost. One action measurably makes the world better and honors the fallen simultaneously.

You just won't stop and showing how much of an arrogant Ashiest you are. Sorry everyone to get This to a negative but I am not going to sit back why Mike jumps on his soap box and trashes every religion.

My Salesman Jamal Hadi was born on WEST Bank, Dad Jordanian mom from Switzerland. He still prays and doesn't push any religion and is Islamic. I will ask him. And the MAIN reason they attacked us was because we intervened with there BS in the middle east.

Bottom line is believe what you want but other than OS you never get dumped on for being an ashiest, stop dumping on other peoples beliefs. You have said time and time again when you were young you were forced in religion, saw how bad it is, etc.. Fine but again do what others do to you and not trash their beliefs or non beliefs. Its disgusting you would today.

Re: REMEMBER 9/11 And Be Pissed!!! - 09/11/20 12:39 PM

Originally Posted By: CWood Man

You just won't stop and showing how much of an arrogant Ashiest you are. Sorry everyone to get This to a negative but I am not going to sit back why Mike jumps on his soap box and trashes every religion.

My Salesman Jamal Hadi was born on WEST Bank, Dad Jordanian mom from Switzerland. He still prays and doesn't push any religion and is Islamic. I will ask him. And the MAIN reason they attacked us was because we intervened with there BS in the middle east.

Bottom line is believe what you want but other than OS you never get dumped on for being an ashiest, stop dumping on other peoples beliefs. You have said time and time again when you were young you were forced in religion, saw how bad it is, etc.. Fine but again do what others do to you and not trash their beliefs or non beliefs. Its disgusting you would today.

Well said Chris thumbsup

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/20 09:49 PM

Well that was a sucky 2020 Remembrance....good job O-BASS! rolleyes

There were some touching posts....so thanks for sharing those

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/12/20 11:31 PM

I didnt want to continue the deviation this thread took on 9/11 so I waited until the 12th. And its the last anyone will hear from me on the subject.
I have a very simple life philosophy: Believe whatever you want. And leave everyone else alone to believe what they want. There are a couple of exceptions. Your belief should not hurt anyone else, physically or emotionally. Your belief should not demean, disrespect or ridicule anyone elses belief. Its that simple. Doesn't matter what you believe. Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone.
That said, I have to make a couple of observations here. I think most will agree there are extreme zealots in every religion invented, some intent on killing anyone who doesn't agree, others who want to convert, by force if necessary, everyone to their way of thinking. But lets put that aside for now. One thing I've really seen for some years now is that avowed atheists seem to share a trait for crossing that line of respect and ridicule I mentioned. They carry this air of superiority, higher intelligence, and being more enlightened than those poor, ignorant believers beneath them. Folks like Bill Mahr, Joy Bahar, and a few other Hollywood elite hypocrites who openly ridicule the stupidity of believers in some higher being. And O-Bass, you are squarely in that camp. We've never met and I could probably learn a lot from you about fishing. I could probably learn a lot from just about everyone on this site about fishing. You are obviously passionate in your own beliefs and that's great. I would never think of arguing with them or trying to change them. But I take exception to your overt statements clearly ridiculing and demeaning others beliefs because they don't match yours, that you are somehow smarter, superior and more advanced than anyone who believes in "flying spaghetti monsters" (remember that one?). You frequently talk of science and provability. Lets remember that mankind has been on this earth thousands of years yet its only been the last several hundred that we've accepted that the earth isn't flat. So science is always evolving, things are continually being proven (or disproven) and our beliefs and understandings change.
Live and let live. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. But, as Teddy Roosevelt said, walk soft and carry a big stick.
That's all.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/13/20 08:39 AM

Well said.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/13/20 09:13 AM

I copied this here from SWMPYNKE’s post on the DEEP August 2020 Highlights

.... I watched some of the 9-11 memorial service and the reading of the names of those who lost their lives in that tragic terrorist attack. Upon turning the TV on, I see a ct enconn officer at the podium reading names and realized it was officer Alex Blackwell whose father Chris was killed in the line of duty with NYFD that terrible day. I had worked with Chris in my capacity as an engine co. officer responding to life threatening calls and He as a paramedic moonlighting for Danbury hospital. Whenever I saw him on scene I was very relieved as he was very competent and in some situations I would seek his advice.He was extremely knowledgeable and competent.As I saw his daughter reading the names I was so impressed with her professionalism and appearance, She was a real credit to her father and her profession.How She kept her composure, was something I couldn't have done. God bless her and her family.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/21 07:28 AM

20 years ago.

Never forget.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/21 08:02 AM

Never ever will!!!

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/21 08:59 AM

John 16:2
“They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.”

When the first plane hit I, like everyone else thought it was a tragic accident, like when the B 25 hit the Empire State Building

But when Islamic fundamentalists also flew the 2nd plane into the twin towers, it was disclosed that it was the most evil and successful attack on American soil in our history.

15 of 19 terrorist were Saudi.

The internet was slow because it was not able to handle such traffic and at Blue Cross where I worked, like everywhere else, it was sobering as the other planes hit their targets........and the hero’s of flight 93 brought their plane down short of
Washington DC.

I remember seeing the dancing in the streets and celebrating in the Middle East.

Now 20 years later our government is flying thousands of unvented Islamic fundamentalists from Afghanistan all over our country (99.9 percent of Afghanistan is Islamic)

The same folks who when they were being trained over there would often just turn their guns on their trainers at the firing ranges.

For the most part we have forgot........and I don’t think it will end well.

Our borders are open.........is the world more friendly than 20 years ago?

I don’t think so.

More folks have died from breathing in the toxins than were killed in the attack itself. Thank God for their selfless sacrifice!

That was another sad memory.......almost no wounded.......everyone was either killed or alive.......so few survivors.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/14/21 07:04 PM

https://www.middletownpress.com/news/art...0.php#taboola-1

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/22 07:48 AM

9/11 ‘miracle’ babies, now turning 21, were lifesavers for families

https://nypost.com/2022/09/10/9-11-miracle-babies-now-turning-21-were-lifesavers-for-families

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/22 11:22 AM

9/11 ‘miracle’ babies, now turning 21, were lifesavers for families

https://nypost.com/2022/09/10/9-11-miracle-babies-now-turning-21-were-lifesavers-for-families

Wow quite the stories Mitch.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/12/22 07:28 AM

Never forget!
Posted by: SJSTRZ

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/12/22 07:32 AM

God judges according to the "heart" of a man or woman, not according to the outward appearance. Whose voice is an individual obeying ? Who is a person obeying ? Who you obey determines your actions.

Re: 9/11 God Bless America - 09/11/23 08:22 AM