the fish wenches 1st TN deer

Posted by: KWK

the fish wenches 1st TN deer - 12/29/20 03:57 PM

Well howdy ctfrs.been a bit since i have posted.been the usual,filled the freezer with shellcracker in early nov. Now on to deer season...lets just start this off ...i suck.sighted in all the firearms just fine.deer...well i sucked this season,3 shots ,different days...SWING AND MISS.i,m digusted with myself.well,day after another debacle i look out the office window and see a nice 140 lb button buck out 45 yds..i,m like " i,m not shooting" told the wench..." give me the f,n gun" ..boom.it dropped on the spot.no need for blood trail, no big drag out of the forest....food plot paid off....file size issue,working on it..
Posted by: swwind

Re: the fish wenches 1st TN deer - 12/29/20 04:05 PM

Congrats . . . . sounds like a fun story and nice not to have to climb a tree.

" give me the f,n gun" grin thumbsup

Re: the fish wenches 1st TN deer - 12/29/20 04:32 PM

We pretty much have the best deer blind ever....it,s callled a porch....but,i put a lot of work into the back field.my joints just can not do treestands anymore.best alternative,get the deer closer to us.no need for corn.clover works just fine....we finally have turkeys now we knocked all the tall grass down. Got 2 hens out there every day.best decoys ever.

Re: the fish wenches 1st TN deer - 12/29/20 07:14 PM

Well its probably my boondocks barely 4g ( good day is 2 tiny bars) ..i,ll tryand postup apic tomorrow.got the meat back last nite,5 miles to to the processr,60.00$ got a place to hang deer but really no place to butcher....60 buucks ,cheap.
Posted by: Don P

Re: the fish wenches 1st TN deer - 12/29/20 09:01 PM

Congrats to her! $60 to process is cheap!...Wow!

PM sent
Posted by: Buck

Re: the fish wenches 1st TN deer - 12/30/20 09:26 AM

Congratulations on the deer. Backyard deer are the best, no drag, just fire up the tractor and go get him.
The good news now is you have an idea on how far you have to run to get out of range when she grabs the gun.
Posted by: Mitch P.

Re: the fish wenches 1st TN deer - 12/30/20 10:01 AM

thumbsup
Posted by: mattmann7

Re: the fish wenches 1st TN deer - 12/30/20 10:10 AM

Great report. Guy in the fishing club had 50 acres in Tolland. He shot one off the crapper or so the legend goes anyways.
Posted by: Tall 1

Re: the fish wenches 1st TN deer - 12/30/20 07:27 PM

Hunt smarter not harder!
Congrats!
Posted by: Zolts

Re: the fish wenches 1st TN deer - 12/31/20 08:43 PM

Awesome!! Congrats
Posted by: kayak fisher

Re: the fish wenches 1st TN deer - 01/01/21 06:34 AM

Congrats on first, with hopefully many more to come.

Re: the fish wenches 1st TN deer ***Pic*** - 01/08/21 03:08 PM

The longggggggggg awaited pic of Lynne’s 1st TN deer !!!!!

Re: the fish wenches 1st TN deer ***Pic*** - 01/08/21 03:17 PM

Thanks Don,...Lynnes 1st tn deer..a hell of a shot.so many hunters dump on .270 caliber.this one is probably the 20th deer dumped with a old Rem made in 1981 with a crappy bushnell scope.changing that to a new Nikon i have on the muzzle loader,hardly ever use it.much brighter and wider field...my old eyes will love it.

Re: the fish wenches 1st TN deer - 01/08/21 03:20 PM

Yea,the way i shot this year....pass the torch.maybe the new nikon scope will help. banghead

Re: the fish wenches 1st TN deer ***Pic*** - 01/08/21 03:31 PM

...or just give her the gun as is, and you can use a Nikon camera. laugh

I don’t even see an entrance/exit shot on that deer. Did you groom the hair for the pic??? smile1

Re: the fish wenches 1st TN deer ***Pic*** - 01/08/21 10:20 PM

Its on the other side.no exit bullet banged around in there like a pinball.doa before it hit the ground....i couldnt watch,boom.." its down"....to old for that tracking crap after dark.

Re: the fish wenches 1st TN deer ***Pic*** - 01/08/21 10:26 PM

Sounds like you are enjoying Dog pond,quiet.there are way to many pickerel but some big bass.

Re: the fish wenches 1st TN deer - 01/11/21 05:00 PM

Good point...

Re: the fish wenches 1st TN deer - 01/11/21 05:04 PM

T1...looking forward to spring turkey now.had 2 loud ones coming in hot last spring...close,thunder lightning storm shut that party down..porch to far for a shotgun on the food plot...probably a blind is on the menu.
Posted by: Greg S.

Re: the fish wenches 1st TN deer - 01/13/21 11:36 AM

Congrats,Quick note, hang the deer the other way!!