Housatonic Mudpuppy report

Posted by: O-BASS

Housatonic Mudpuppy report - 08/17/18 07:42 PM

I know there's not a lot of chatter on this particular forum under this topic, but I wanted to officially make a report with the DEEP regarding the discovery of a mudpuppy in the Housatonic River. To my knowledge these are not found anywhere else in the state other than the Connecticut River and Housatonic rarely. and I've only seen a few reports of those, usually while ice fishing or bait fishing.

I've got photos which I will upload later today but the mudpuppy was found at the Bull's Bridge power plant outflow, right by the rocks where the kayak launch was installed for Portage. The specimen was approximately 10 inches long.
Posted by: Chris D

Re: Housatonic Mudpuppy report - 08/18/18 01:57 PM

Those are some neat creatures. I am looking forward to the pics O.
Posted by: CWood Man

Re: Housatonic Mudpuppy report - 08/18/18 02:50 PM

A girl in high school was nicknamed mudpuppy! biggrin
Posted by: rabbidhunter1

Re: Housatonic Mudpuppy report - 08/18/18 03:08 PM

I live in Meriden and I know a few places close by that has them . Always cool to see and catch we used to catch em in a brook in town when we were in out teens . The big ones on the ct river are impressive
Posted by: PNarducci

Re: Housatonic Mudpuppy report - 10/26/18 09:09 AM

Mud puppy go to fishstanley and check out there lures. New colors and sizes coming out soon
Posted by: Jeremiah G

Re: Housatonic Mudpuppy report - 10/26/18 11:08 AM

I recall hearing about them being caught in the CT River..
Posted by: EGGNOG

Re: Housatonic Mudpuppy report - 11/22/18 12:32 PM

One from Wethersfield Cove a few years back. It was caught ice fishing . I can't remember who caught it . So slimy
Posted by: OHMYGOD

Re: Housatonic Mudpuppy report - 03/09/19 08:11 PM

Yes, they been caught in the Suffield neck of the woods, in the overflows the make little
pond till summer.
Posted by: OHMYGOD

Re: Housatonic Mudpuppy report - 03/09/19 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: CWood Man
A girl in high school was nicknamed mudpuppy! biggrin

bowdown