mill river water level

Posted by: tav

mill river water level - 04/10/12 02:49 AM

i was just there today and the water level was pretty low , i know at clarks pond there's a busted dam which doesn't hold any water back maybe by fixing the dam the levels might stay alittle higher.
now who should i address this issue to.
Posted by: EnCon Police

Re: mill river water level - 04/10/12 11:58 AM

There are two chances for getting dams rebuilt, slim and none. Most places are trying to breach dams wherever possible to allow streams and rivers to return to historical levels and paths.
Posted by: AT

Re: mill river water level - 04/10/12 12:20 PM

There are two chances for getting dams rebuilt, slim and none. Most places are trying to breach dams wherever possible to allow streams and rivers to return to historical levels and paths.

Amen
Posted by: EnCon Police

Re: mill river water level - 04/10/12 12:46 PM

It's not just the Mill....with the lack of snow and rain there is a lot of skinny water throughout most of the inland areas.
Posted by: Bob Bradley

Re: mill river water level - 04/13/12 12:50 PM

Originally Posted By: tav
i was just there today and the water level was pretty low , i know at clarks pond there's a busted dam which doesn't hold any water back maybe by fixing the dam the levels might stay alittle higher.
now who should i address this issue to.

You need to take the request to a higher authority. Pray for rain.

I'm organizing the 5th annual Naugatuck River Canoe and Kayak race for May 5th. If we don't get any rain it's going to be a long walk down the riverbed.
Posted by: shadbody

Re: mill river water level - 04/14/12 09:37 AM

Bob, I don't think I have ever seen it this low.
Posted by: Bob Bradley

Re: mill river water level - 04/14/12 03:18 PM

We just spent the morning cleaning up the Beacon Falls stretch of the river. The low water sure made it easy.
Posted by: W.G.

Will trout be stocked for opening day if no rain? - 04/14/12 04:37 PM

In very low water locales that is? Hope not.
Thanks for timely reply.
Posted by: tomashton

Re: mill river water level - 04/15/12 04:55 PM

Like Bob Bradley said, You can pray for rain.

Or you can do a rain dance. grin