New Hunter certification field course, nothing listed on the DEEP website

Posted by: slacktide

New Hunter certification field course, nothing listed on the DEEP website - 01/15/21 12:16 PM

I've completed all of my pre-reqs, but there doesn't appear to be a schedule up for "Modified Firearms Hunting Field Day".
Is this normal for this time of year and if so, when should I keep an eye on the page to look for scheduling dates?
Thanks in advance.
Posted by: Tod Osier

Re: New Hunter certification field course, nothing listed on the DEEP website - 01/15/21 01:44 PM

call them, they are very nice and helpful.

Re: New Hunter certification field course, nothing listed on the DEEP website - 01/15/21 03:24 PM

I did, voicemail box was full.
Posted by: Tod Osier

Re: New Hunter certification field course, nothing listed on the DEEP website - 01/15/21 04:29 PM

Originally Posted By: slacktide
I did, voicemail box was full.

Probably working from home. Send an email to one of the main offices (sessions woods, etc...), they distribute the emails to the appropriate person, may get a response that way.
Posted by: Conrad G.

Re: New Hunter certification field course, nothing listed on the DEEP website - 01/18/21 07:46 AM

I am interested, let me know what you find out...

Re: New Hunter certification field course, nothing listed on the DEEP website - 01/18/21 08:42 AM

I sent email the same day as the phone call, one woman I spoke to (wrong department of DEEP ) had said that they were all working from home . Still haven't heard anything as of today.
This did bring to light one other factor, I think it's just one guy managing the whole ball of wax in regards to this, or at least that's the given impression.
With everything being as it is I surmise patience is the better part of valor.