Bantam isn't always tough.

Posted by: JBear

Bantam isn't always tough. - 10/02/18 10:53 AM

Fished Bantam yesterday from 7:30 to 1:30. Took 4 LM, and 1 SM, including a 3+ LM and a 3 lb SM off shallow docks and lost one that was way bigger. Lost a 2nd SM about 1 1/2 lbs on a grub in 18 FOW; had it all the way to the boat before it broke water and spit the grub back at me. Caught two more off a rock pile on the way back to the launch.

Surprised me to catch that many from shallow water cover with the cloudy day. Thought there would be more fish roaming around, but all but the one I lost came from shallow cover. Tried crankbaits, spinnbaits, and topwater with no action.

Water temp was 66-67. Slight variable breeze from the SW.
Posted by: FISH_ON

Re: Bantam isn't always tough. - 10/03/18 06:56 AM

Way to catch them! Thanks for the report!
Posted by: OHMYGOD

Re: Bantam isn't always tough. - 10/15/18 02:41 PM

Saweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! cha
Congrats on a great day! smile1
Posted by: CWood Man

Re: Bantam isn't always tough. - 10/15/18 03:08 PM

Not sure how I missed this one, congrats.
Posted by: O-BASS

Re: Bantam isn't always tough. - 10/15/18 05:17 PM

I don't know brother, 5 bass in 6 hours... That's pretty tough to me! Way to go on finding a couple of fish in a place that has gotten all too stingy over the past few years.

Been my experience if you stick with that dock pattern and up Shallow for the rest of this month, you can have a 20 fish day there, with a couple of really nice big bites mixed in. They start running out of options, but especially on the flood waters that we've got right now they will be right up there. Way to go man!
Posted by: Alex1

Re: Bantam isn't always tough. - 10/26/18 03:43 PM

Nice report.