looking for a full body suit for ice fishing

Posted by: kathyy

looking for a full body suit for ice fishing - 01/03/10 08:18 PM

Does anyone have any suggestions on a full body suit that is waterproof and wind proof for ice fishing.The best i have found so far is trans alaska series by cabelas.Some where around the $300 range.
Posted by: Blaine

Re: looking for a full body suit for ice fishing - 01/03/10 08:44 PM

Just wondering why you want a full suit rather than bibs and jacket?
Posted by: Szczupak

Re: looking for a full body suit for ice fishing - 01/03/10 08:58 PM

You right Blaine, bibs and jacket is a lot better
Posted by: Paul D.

Re: looking for a full body suit for ice fishing - 01/03/10 10:15 PM

Agreed, I used to use a suit. Even with multiple zippers it was tough to regulate body temp. if I started to move around a lot. With the 2 piece, your legs stay dry while setting up and ya can take the jacket on and off.
Posted by: Joe Grenus

Re: looking for a full body suit for ice fishing - 01/05/10 12:02 AM

Bibs and Jacket are the way to go. Especially when you have to go in the woods or under cover.
Posted by: Crazy Ivan

Re: looking for a full body suit for ice fishing - 01/05/10 12:05 AM

OK,

So what about some reasonable priced bibs?? Say in the $100 range....
Posted by: JoshB

Re: looking for a full body suit for ice fishing - 01/05/10 12:12 AM

I cant imagine a onesie! By the time I was done drilling holes I would be overheating.
Posted by: kathyy

Re: looking for a full body suit for ice fishing - 01/05/10 10:50 PM

Thanks for the input guys.I have a neck problem that does not allow me to put the straps over my shoulders without severe discomfort.so i wrap the straps around my waste to hold up the bib.But what a pain to take a leak i have to unzipper 2 or 3 jackets and unclip the strap from the bib.So i was out with my buddy the other day and he had the trans alaska suite from cabelas and was wearing just a sweatshirt underneath it and it was 20 degrees with the wind blowing and he was very warm.Any other ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Posted by: Paul D.

Re: looking for a full body suit for ice fishing - 01/05/10 11:19 PM

Check the suit carefully, many of the high end full suits have shoulder straps inside. Not that you would have to use them.

Most of the high end bibs have double zippers for those calls of nature. Now if you are having problems clearing all the layers with your equipment, well we can't help ya there .
Posted by: kayak fisher

Re: looking for a full body suit for ice fishing - 01/06/10 08:12 AM

I've had the inexpensive Walls Zero Zone full suit for over ten years, still keeping me warm in all weather, and no real signs of wear yet other than the color has faded from washing. Relief zipper, leg zippers, and pocket slits to access jeans pockets are nice features, only problem is they are not waterproof. this only bothers me when I have to kneel over a hole with wet slushy ice. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/Wa...40&kwtid=252056