cant afford ctf anymore

Posted by: LEE

cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 09:50 AM

due 2 economic crunch cant see paying for ctf any more dont know why have 2 pay for web site
Posted by: MOONSHINER

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 10:02 AM

Lee that is too bad .. There are free sites out there but you will not find one like this for free . 15 bucks for this site per year is a steal . . But I will say another thing with only 788 post since 2002 it does not look like you used the site a lot anyways . Just my 2 cents
Posted by: edaves

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 10:09 AM

my opinion this site the best source of info on the fishing community. There are so many people here who post very informative pieces. As far as the cost goes, I spent a lot more on other things that have a far lower return rate to me than this site. What are my complaints about CTFISHERMAN, well there's AH AH ok, will get back to you on that one
Posted by: O-BASS

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 10:23 AM

Posted by: JerryinCt

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 10:44 AM

Sorry to see you go Lee. Good luck to you.
Posted by: LEE

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 10:50 AM

THIS SITE WAS BETTER WHEN WAS FREE WITH 10,000 USERS

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 10:59 AM

In some ways you may be right Lee but there were some people who just loved to cause a stir just for the sake of being a pain. They are gone now and while this new site isn't perfect, in my opinion it is the best fishing site here in CT. I have fished with folks from all over the state. Some I am fortunate to call friends. I understand that times are tough. You do what you have to do Lee. I enjoyed reading your reports and will miss your contributions.Take care.
Posted by: The Real Iceman

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:01 AM

You'll miss us!!!!! If $15 impacts your budget your doing the right thing. Just dont buy a 30 pack once a year and there you are!
Posted by: macattack678

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:08 AM

Bob, I hope I never have to make that choice......Beer? CTF? ....Beer?....CTF?

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:20 AM

Originally Posted By: LEE

enough. way to go out with a bang Lee. you met a lot of good people here through this site, free or not.

since 2002 your posts have had 8 words in them maximum, and are usually a blanket statement like

CAUGHT PLENTY OF FISH IN MONTVILLE.

you get what you give back on this site. we spoke thouroughly about your Tacoma purchase on the phone, for a few hours on a few occasions. pretty sure more than one CTFer has picked you up on shore in the thames area, and the benifit of thorough local reports in your area has been helping us all land fish for years.

if 15$ breaks the bank this year, im sorry. but dont go out with a statement like the above, especially after 9 years! it was better for you when it was free; for me the benefits of a small financial contribution towards the site have been far greater than the hassle of 2 word reports, nonsensical rantings, political bashings, angry pm's, spammers, scammers, and lurkers.

use the site more and you'll get a lot mor out of it than:

CAUGHT FISH TO 24 INCH TUESDAY IN WATER
Posted by: TommyTrebble

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:26 AM

due 2 economic crunch cant see paying for ctf any more dont know why have 2 pay for web site

I can understand not wanting to pay for something because Times are tough and you have the Right to make choices with your money (I maybe one of the few Guys left out there w/o a Cell Phone -- but I don't feel I need one, so why pay for it ?) But to expect a private enterprise (which CTF is) to operate the way you'd like it to, would be naive. This still is the United States, you have the Freedom to make choices and companies still has the Freedom to make business decisions(although those Freedoms seem to be under attack more and more lately). I think this is one of the basic tenets of what makes this Country great, and it seems to be foreign to so many people living here now.

I know I got off on a "rant" here, but I have the Right to disagree with you on that principle -- you decided to post "on the way out", so I imagine you expected reactions, be they favorable or different then your own. Maybe if we lived in China, you could see the site for free, but you would not be allowed to see other sites which the Government banned you from seeing. I'm just Thankful I live here and have the choices & Freedoms that I do.
Posted by: howardchaz

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:32 AM

There's a free section of the website and you can also pay by the month which is only $3. Sorry to hear times are that tough. Best of Luck....
Posted by: PDona

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:34 AM

Sorry to hear this, LEE, BUT IMHO, you get what ya pay for and what you put in . I would sell a fishing rod to help pay for my subscription.

Absolutely no other fishing site in Ct has the " friend " base, and Camaraderie as this site. PERIOD .

Lots of CRASH AND BURN = stagnant sites still exist, do a search, and join for free .
Posted by: OHMYGOD

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:46 AM

I find that $15 a year in these hard times isn't that much out of pocket for what you get back.
Thats only $.29 a week, I'm sure you spend more then that for
soft drinks and coffee per week?????
But you gotta do what you gotta do........................
Posted by: Tall 1

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:48 AM

Sorry to see you go Lee, but $15.00 is alot of money to some people and you need to do what you have to do.

I think O Bass makes some strong points here and I hope that you re-evaluate what you have gained from the site rather than looking at an annual subscription rate as the only thing that keeps you here or not.
I think you'll see that you have received far more in return than the $15.00 in knowledge,fishing partners and life long friendships....

Come to the Game Dinner on 2/13 and you'll see for yourself why CTF is so special.....

Good luck and good fishing to you.
Posted by: Daddy Pickle

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:51 AM

i buy lures that cost more than a year subscriptions.... like rox says "CTF, is a lure I can not afford to NOT have in my pocket"

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 12:02 PM

I don't agree with attacking Lee based off his comments and posts, We all have different communication skills and that's ok, I have meet some very good fishermen who were lucky if they could make a sentence over 5 words and I have also meet some fishermen who could give a 20 minute lecture of any aspect of fishing and their catch rate was very close to absolute zero. For Lees economic situation I feel bad and wish him all the best
Posted by: The Real Iceman

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By: edaves
I don't agree with attacking Lee based off his comments and posts, We all have different communication skills and that's ok, I have meet some very good fishermen who were lucky if they could make a sentence over 5 words and I have also meet some fishermen who could give a 20 minute lecture of any aspect of fishing and their catch rate was very close to absolute zero. For Lees economic situation I feel bad and wish him all the best

Agreed, but he's wrong. It was not better with 10000 members. There was too much BS. It's absolutely BETTER now! and for $15.... one of the best bargins on the planet. If $15 is too much, I Hope things get better for you Lee.
Posted by: E-man

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 12:15 PM

Worth every penny.
Posted by: Ranger Nic

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 03:29 PM

O-Bass could not agree with you more.
with LEE gone who is gonna post 8 word reports with the caps on
Posted by: SoundsFishy

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 03:40 PM

Heck...I ran over my wife's cat accidentally.........twice.... with the truck ....the money I saved on cat food the following month I sent to Mitch for another year of this craziness......

Where there's a will........there's a way
When there's no will.....the State get's everything

Posted by: KAJ

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 03:42 PM

Buy 1 less case of beer/soda...
Posted by: Mat_Machado

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 03:47 PM

dude if ya don't like the site, then get the hell outta here Lee. This site is awesome and if you can afford to keep your computer plugged in for a year, thats about double the cost of this site!!!!!
Posted by: Duck-Killer

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 03:50 PM

Guess you're pretty much done either way now , you likely alienated a portion of the membership with your recent posts ,

There's also the 15 bucks you can't seem to save up over the course of a year.

BYE BYE LEE

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 08:21 PM

Guys let this man leave with some dignity. He may not be perfect and to be honest his short and sweet reports always made me smile. His typing with all caps was unique. He is and will always be a 1 of a kind type of man. Let's take the high road here. There isn't one of us here who is 100 % perfect. Points were made as well as other opinions. These are the worst times since the great depression which my father lived through. Unless we walk in his shoes we don't have all the facts as to why he is leaving. This might not have been an easy decision for him to make. Maybe once things turn around he could return but let's not drive him off. Once again good luck Lee.
Posted by: PNarducci

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 08:36 PM

good luck you truely have to do what is right for you and family. As much as I enjoy this site there is things in life we can do with out if it means your basic neccesities are at risk. It is unfair to judge others with out looking at yourself. With that in mind if you truely cant pay for this site and want to stay I will pay for you to stay on behalf of Connecticut Outdoors and the millions and millions of fans... good old mom and dad.. offer is there if needed. Because isnt that the true CTF SPIRIT !!!!!! Peace, love and go FISHHHH
Posted by: bogey jr.

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 08:39 PM

I'm no psychologist or psychic, but it appears that Lee had more than a price issue with the site based off of his second post in the thread. Letting him leave with dignity and all that is fine by me, but I don't begrudge anyone for sounding off if Lee's comments hit them negatively. People care about this site, and if someone is derogatory toward it, they're going to by the target of some displeasure.
Posted by: Duck-Killer

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 09:05 PM

In retrospect my response was indeed a little harsh , I have no business judging anyone on his financial state.

My comment about alienating the membership with his recent posts stands however.
Posted by: RichZ

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 09:20 PM

While I find his reports terse, when I've met Lee on the Thames, he's been an all right guy in my book. I'll be sorry to not see his reports -- as terse as they were -- around. Sometimes, there's a degree of accuracy in brevity.
Posted by: SouthBound

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 09:20 PM

Mitch you do an awsome job with this site thanks for keeping it up and going. Rock on. There is a portion that is free if I am not mistaken.
Posted by: John from Madison CT

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 10:37 PM

Lee: I never met you, PM'd you, or remember your posts, but that being said, I will pay for your subscription for the year.

I agree with you that CTF was a better site with the 10,000 members, but that's neither here nor there.

Mitch: If you read this please let me know when Lee's subscrib. is due and i'll pay it.

John
Posted by: steve76

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 10:48 PM

That is VERY generous of you John.

Rather than kicking LEE in the crotch on his way out the door, you make it possible for him to stay.

THAT is the CTF spirit in action.
Posted by: Fishing FINattic

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: John from Madison CT
I agree with you that CTF was a better site with the 10,000 members

I agree - much better before-

Originally Posted By: John from Madison CT
I will pay for your subscription for the year.

Nice offer here!
Posted by: chris med

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 10:51 PM

EXACTLY WHAT HE's LOOKING FOR JOHN,......GO GRACEFULLY, WELL TOO LATE,....CRYING POVERTY GETS OLD LEE,..........(caps just 4u) PATHETIC and VERY SAD.......IMUO.......IMUO You get what you give,...this whole "can't afford it Sh!T " is soooo lame..........

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 10:55 PM

DID I MENTION YOUR POST SHOWS TRUE COLORS?????????not to be mean and all but why the "quoteunquote" literal trash,..........go quietly with the rest of the haters(for whatever reason) 15 bucks,...hell I just returned 25 bucks worth a beer/soda/water cans today.........TAH TAH....PS there's BIG STRIPERS IN NORWICH RIGHT NOW;-\)

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:01 PM

Originally Posted By: O-BASS

enough. way to go out with a bang Lee. you met a lot of good people here through this site, free or not.

since 2002 your posts have had 8 words in them maximum, and are usually a blanket statement like

CAUGHT PLENTY OF FISH IN MONTVILLE.

you get what you give back on this site. we spoke thouroughly about your Tacoma purchase on the phone, for a few hours on a few occasions. pretty sure more than one CTFer has picked you up on shore in the thames area, and the benifit of thorough local reports in your area has been helping us all land fish for years.

if 15$ breaks the bank this year, im sorry. but dont go out with a statement like the above, especially after 9 years! it was better for you when it was free; for me the benefits of a small financial contribution towards the site have been far greater than the hassle of 2 word reports, nonsensical rantings, political bashings, angry pm's, spammers, scammers, and lurkers.

use the site more and you'll get a lot mor out of it than:

CAUGHT FISH TO 24 INCH TUESDAY IN WATER

READ THE FACTS PEOPLE,......sorry for the continued posts, but this CRAP, get's under my skin a wee......( not to rhyme with LEE) Posts were useless and looking for a handout........there are more glorious ways, that I MYSELF would pay for someones membership(which I Have),......to go out,........Nice jesture John but you could leave that 15 bucks at the bar in NC next week and I can ASSURE you I would appreciate it!!!!;-\) Hope you get out and I CANNOT WAIT!
Posted by: karate kid

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:07 PM

EASY MED YOUR GONNA HAVE A DAM HEART ATTACK!!!!!
Posted by: MikeDero

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:21 PM

EASY MED ICE THERE IN NORWICH
Posted by: Tmack9200

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:25 PM

Warning, Spoiler:
WINTER IS SETTLING IN NICELY IN 2010

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:30 PM

Perfect Tmack!!!

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:35 PM

I just thinned my blood with some Merlot!!;-\) GIANT BLUEFIN.....T-Minus11 days!!!!

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:37 PM

Can't get u outta here fast enought

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:38 PM

im with med on this. i saw that exact same thing coming, and read it for what it was.

John, CToutdoors your generosity is awesome, but there must be a few people out there that are deserving of a free subscription who would appreciate it more than to bash the site on thier way out.

there is a guy named MikeinDanbury, who routinely posts excellent reports from the danbury local area, be it candlewood or other local spots. pictures, info, techniques. THATS the type of guy who could use a freebee.

also i apologise in advance for what i just did. i told you two what to do with your generosity, which i (a) totally out of line and (b) none of my f'n business. but when i see what just happened happen, i have to second the call-out on that.

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:42 PM

Tmack, that was great, thanks for the laugh
Posted by: tmc3

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:45 PM

Lee is just a Douchebag. If you can't swing $15.00 dollars a year you are a big loser. Go watch sitcoms on Sat mornings instead of fishing.
Posted by: Tmack9200

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:51 PM

Posted by: Mitch P.

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:52 PM

tmc3, your comment was way out of line. Let's put this one to rest.

Guys, thanks for the testimonials and vigorous support of the site. As I've always said, the site (regardless of format) is really a reflection of all the quality people here. The people = ctfisherman.com.

Lee, here's a link which explains how you can still participate in the site without a paid subscription.

http://www.ctfisherman.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=822687#Post822687

And, stay tuned for how you may be able to participate more in the future.
Posted by: PDona

Re: cant afford ctf anymore - 01/06/10 11:56 PM

Not to rub salt in a wound, BUT,

Remember Joe Wajton ? His flies ? HE was a pleasure to the site, and I paid his dues for the last 2 years of his life. He passed away and will be surely missed. I'm not getting a fuzzy feeling from LEE ?