Boat Naming help

Posted by: DPregs

Boat Naming help - 05/16/17 09:09 AM

Hey guys and gals. I am trying to name my 223 Grady White that I bought a few years ago. The old name, which can't be mentioned as it has been removed and turned into Posiden, came off the day I brought the boat back to the club. The harassment from the second I pulled into the lot was only a start of what I would have had to endure had I not removed. So the name is off and the ceremony performed.

And now is time to rename. I am tossed up between two names and both have reason.

The first, The Black Cloud
Why they hell you ask? It seems that every time I take the boat out, the weather turns dark and the clouds go black. I also always seem to have some issue arise. I have a battery go dead, a bilge get stuck on, extensive engine work, and some other minor things. SO...I say, rather than run from it, embrace it! Am I asking the gods to bring onto me what ever the name says?

The second, Hooked Again
This one is simple, my first boat was Just Hooked, and this being the second...well Hooked Again.

Yes MrMooch, I know your thoughts well smile1
I have attached some sketches of the names....let me know what you guys think. And by all means enlighten me to the lore and possible banner fishing days I have ahead!

Posted by: Jarhead

Re: Boat Naming help - 05/16/17 09:46 AM

I like black cloud. original. embrace the gremlins.
Posted by: CAPT. HOOP

Re: Boat Naming help - 05/16/17 09:52 AM

I never added numbers to my boats. Every body knew "Our Freedom" was me so I just carried the name all the way through. There have been several Our Freedoms. When you called that name on the radio you would get Hoop on the radio. Down here the radio call is a lot different. I have kept the Freedom name in my business but with 2 boats I could not have 2 "Our Freedom" boats unless I started numbering them. Fortunately my second boat is an Avenger thus the name "Freedom Avenger" is very fitting. You could continue the name without any changes.

Notice you like using a fish hook. I like the black cloud on the right without The over it.

Re: Boat Naming help - 05/16/17 10:19 AM

I like "The" in the name, gives it a superhero-esq/Pirate-esq to it. smile1

And thank you for the input thus far!
Posted by: Mitch P.

Re: Boat Naming help - 05/16/17 10:22 AM

Black Cloud.

Use some reverse psychology on that SOB boat! biggrin
Posted by: earl bird

Re: Boat Naming help - 05/16/17 12:14 PM

How about "BLue Sky" (seeing that Black Cloud seems to be bad luck)!
Posted by: Capt_Jay

Re: Boat Naming help - 05/16/17 03:18 PM

Knot Again

Re: Boat Naming help - 05/17/17 07:51 AM

THanks guys. Appreciate all the feedback.
Posted by: SoundsFishy

Re: Boat Naming help - 05/18/17 09:45 AM

"Just Hooked Too "