North East Expos, March 20-22 at the Connecticut Convention Center has been CANCELLED.

Posted by: SKUNKEDALOT

North East Expos, March 20-22 at the Connecticut Convention Center has been CANCELLED. - 03/11/20 03:44 PM

We have just received word from the event promoter, North East Expos, that the 23rd Fishing and Hunting show, slated for March 20-22 at the Connecticut Convention Center has been CANCELLED.
Posted by: Don P

Re: North East Expos, March 20-22 at the Connecticut Convention Center has been CANCELLED. - 03/11/20 04:02 PM

Will they be using the CT Convention Center as a Covid-19 testing kit center instead? stirthepot rolleyes laugh
Posted by: swwind

Re: North East Expos, March 20-22 at the Connecticut Convention Center has been CANCELLED. - 03/11/20 05:48 PM

All my North U jobs this spring have cancelled. Gatherings of generally around 50.
Posted by: friction angler

Re: North East Expos, March 20-22 at the Connecticut Convention Center has been CANCELLED. - 03/11/20 08:28 PM

My company cancelled our technical conference last week. We have 400 engineers and scientists that meet and present our best projects. We were charged for the food when we canceled. We all look forward to the technical conference. Very disappointing, but it doesn't make sense to bring in people from across the northeast and great lakes with the chance to expose them to the virus.

This is not the flu.

We also cancelled all travel outside of the US and all event attendance.

Its cold and flu season, but high risk people should be very careful.

Luckily children seem to be resistant to the virus.

Re: North East Expos, March 20-22 at the Connecticut Convention Center has been CANCELLED. - 03/11/20 08:40 PM

My company cancelled all flight travel to avoid airport crowds and traveling exposures. If you can’t drive to your business travel you can’t go.

We also prohibited any meetings with more than 20 people in attendance on site to avoid people in close proximity.

We also cancelled creating or attending any conferences....on-site or off-site....by our company or any other groups/companies.
Posted by: swwind

Re: North East Expos, March 20-22 at the Connecticut Convention Center has been CANCELLED. - 03/11/20 08:50 PM

Just about an hour ago we got an email to test our VPNs for the home connections.

My guess is we will be working from home next week.

Re: North East Expos, March 20-22 at the Connecticut Convention Center has been CANCELLED. - 03/11/20 09:12 PM

Originally Posted By: friction angler

...This is not the flu...

Agreed, much fewer cases of Covid-19 than the common flu. smile1

Resilient kids aren’t in the denominator of those affected with Covid-19....so the fatality rate appears high.....but it is skewed since older people are affected which makes it appear higher than it really is as compared to the common flu.