ctfisherman.com Guidelines

Posted by: Mitch P.

ctfisherman.com Guidelines - 08/07/07 03:58 PM

Personal Responsibility
All posts, images and attachments are the responsibilities of their owners and not of this site.

Develop a Posting History
The bulk of your posts must relate to fishing.

Reports Section Etiquette
We're here to have fun and to share information. If someone takes the time to write a report, do not argue or criticize them for it. It's OK to ask questions and post comments, but arguing over a fishing report will not be tolerated. If someone legally kept a fish, do not criticize him for it. If you want to discuss something not directly related to the report itself, please start a new thread or PM the person who posted the report. Any inappropriate posts on a report, as well as subsequent replies, will be deleted.

Revealing Exact Fishing Spots
Identifying your exact fishing location is your personal choice. Blurring revealing backgrounds in photos is your decision, as well. If a person chose not to reveal his fishing location in his report, please respect that and do not name the location in your reply.

"The great location debate"
http://www.ctfisherman.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/1242826/1

Classified Section Etiquette
If you are not interested in an item, do not post on the thread.

Politics
Do not start new threads on politics, or inject political arguing into discussions. Do not use political avatars or signatures.

Conduct in CT DEP and Law Enforcement Forums
We have a unique opportunity to interact directly with members of the CT DEP and CT Law Enforcement divisions. When posting in these forums, please be clear and respectful. Rude and argumentative posts will not be tolerated. Remember that even though a person may work for the state, they don't make the laws. If you don't like a law or regulation, contact your State Representative or State Senator and let them know how and why you would like a law or regulation changed. If you have an issue with DEP, do not take it out on the volunteers here on ctfisherman.com. Contact the DEP directly. Finally, please be patient when waiting for answers to your questions and know that not every question may get an answer.

Promotional Posts and Links
Can I plug my business in my posts, the classified section, or in my signature?
Only if you are a yearly forum sponsor or have a year-long ad on the paid classifieds page.

Can I plug a favorite company or local business in my posts if I am not affiliated or employed with that company?
Yes. However, if you abuse this policy, your future rights will be removed. You may not include links in your profile signature to local companies who do not advertise on CTF.

Adult Photos & Content
Do not post nude or crude photos, or use them for your avatar. Do not post really dirty jokes. Save those for email or PM.

Closed/Deleted Topics
If a topic is closed or deleted, it was done so by the moderators for a reason. Do not start another topic on the same subject. If you have questions regarding a closed or deleted topic, please PM a moderator or myself.

Reporting Violators
If you see someone breaking these guidelines, use the "Notify" button at the bottom of his post. This triggers an email to all moderators of that forum.

Banning/Registration Removal
These guidelines are common sense. If you don't follow them, your account will be deleted.

Re: ctfisherman.com Guidelines - 01/09/08 02:08 PM

Here's a reminder on the site guidelines.

I may update a few things for 2008, but the core things will remain the same.

Re: ctfisherman.com Guidelines - 04/21/08 12:47 PM

Reminder. These guidelines remain for 2008.

Re: ctfisherman.com Guidelines - 11/05/08 05:55 PM

Re: ctfisherman.com Guidelines - 11/06/08 08:34 PM

Phew. We made it through the election with relatively few problems on CTF. Thanks.

The moderators and myself have been lax on the political avatars and signatures. Can you please replace them on your own so we don't have to. Thanks in advance.

Re: ctfisherman.com Guidelines - 01/20/09 08:51 PM

Just a reminder that these guidelines are the same for 2009.

Despite the big political news, let's keep politics off the site, please. Although the original poster may have good intentions, political threads always deteriorate into arguing.

Re: ctfisherman.com Guidelines - 03/11/09 02:36 PM

New addition to the guidelines for 2009:

If a person chose not to reveal his fishing location in his report, please respect that and do not name the location in your reply.

Re: ctfisherman.com Guidelines - 01/07/10 10:12 PM

Bump for 2010.

Re: ctfisherman.com Guidelines - 09/14/10 02:17 PM

Updated with the following:

Conduct in CT DEP and Law Enforcement Forums
We have a unique opportunity to interact directly with members of the CT DEP and CT Law Enforcement divisions. When posting in these forums, please be clear and respectful. Rude and argumentative posts will not be tolerated. Remember that even though a person may work for the state, they don't make the laws. If you don't like a law or regulation, contact your State Representative or State Senator and let them know how and why you would like a law or regulation changed. If you have an issue with DEP, do not take it out on the volunteers here on ctfisherman.com. Contact the DEP directly. Finally, please be patient when waiting for answers to your questions and know that not every question may get an answer.

Re: ctfisherman.com Guidelines - 09/30/11 07:27 PM

Reminder: No politics.

Re: ctfisherman.com Guidelines - 12/31/12 04:49 PM

Bump for 2013.

I'd like to call particular attention to one of the core guidelines since this site began in 2001:

Develop a Posting History
The bulk of your posts must relate to fishing.

Re: ctfisherman.com Guidelines - 03/14/13 08:42 AM

Just a reminder about the guidelines as open-water fishing as now begun. Have a great 2013!