My Kids Rule...

Posted by: Tackleman

My Kids Rule... - 07/29/10 02:19 PM

My son Dan got his Journeyman's card yesterday. Passed his test and is now licensed in MA & NH.

Back 4 years ago he finished his 1st year of college with great grades and promptly told me he hated school and didn't want anything to do with going back.

Huh??? Well then what the hell do you plan on doing????

He said "I was thinking about taking up a trade, how do you feel about me becoming an electrician?" I said... go for it, what do you need?

Well he didn't need anything but a car loan from me and he set about finding an electrician to apprentice with and getting his 4 years of schooling completed.

The way things are in today's world I really think his choice was as good as many of the 4 year degrees (in 5yrs or more) kids get now a days. The best part is he did it on his own working the whole time.

Dan

My oldest son Pat (Bent Twig) besides becoing an excellent fisherman and stealing all my spots, recently earned the grade of Master Seageant in the USAF. Although he doesn't hold that position yet he's in a very short line to get a crack at it.

Pat also managed to work his way through school at night while advancing up the ranks at Barnes AFB in westfield, MA. He's got a BS in criminal justice and is not far from his masters.

The best part is he's gonna make me a grandfather sometime in January 2011 so I'll soon have another young life to corrupt!!

Pat

I know I'm bragging here, but I am very proud of them. Am I lucky or what?
Posted by: chris med

Re: My Kids Rule... - 07/29/10 02:25 PM

yup.............
Posted by: trout tracker

Re: My Kids Rule... - 07/29/10 02:42 PM

Congrats to you and your sons Pat. You have every right to brag about their accomplishments and yours to raise them right.
Posted by: MOONSHINER

Re: My Kids Rule... - 07/29/10 03:10 PM

You did well with the both of them Pat . You should be proud
Posted by: RayZCT

Re: My Kids Rule... - 07/29/10 03:35 PM

Pat, look in the mirror, that's why they have done so well, a hard working,dedicated dad with his feet firmly planted in the ground, those apples did not fall far from the tree.
Posted by: Tackleman

Re: My Kids Rule... - 07/29/10 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: thefinaltimeout
You did well with the both of them Pat . You should be proud

I still think I was lucky too. Maybe even in spite of myself...LOL...
Posted by: M.C. Niantic

Re: My Kids Rule... - 07/29/10 04:07 PM

Thats good stuff.
Posted by: Tall 1

Re: My Kids Rule... - 07/29/10 04:18 PM

Thank god they never listened to you and got their looks from their Momma! tongue2

You damn well can be proud of your boys. They're both smart, funny, well rounded guys that are fun to be around. (Like thier Dad..) kiss
Posted by: Firefighter Skippy

Re: My Kids Rule... - 07/29/10 05:26 PM

Nice going guys. WTG Pat.
Posted by: swwind

Re: My Kids Rule... - 07/29/10 05:33 PM

Congradulations !

There is no higher responsibility in life than getting your kids off to a safe and productive path in life.

Well Done - you should be proud of them and the job you have done.
Posted by: MikeG

Re: My Kids Rule... - 07/29/10 06:01 PM

There both tools...............

and you should be proud of them.
Posted by: OHMYGOD

Re: My Kids Rule... - 07/29/10 06:06 PM

I can't Blame you on being Proud of your boys Pat. smile1

They are a chip off the old block. beerchug
Posted by: Frank

Re: My Kids Rule... - 07/29/10 06:27 PM

Quote:
Am I lucky or what?

HELL YES!

They're freakin' great kids in spite of because of everything you did to for them! wink2

Congrats to Danny boy and Pat both. They certainly have made you proud, and a Grampa pretty soon as well!!!
Posted by: Paul D.

Re: My Kids Rule... - 07/29/10 11:00 PM

Congrads Pat, you should be very proud applause.

Tell Dan to take his E-1 test as soon as he is eligible in 2 years. Things are really hopping right now. The money can be fantastic.
Posted by: MarkO

Re: My Kids Rule... - 07/30/10 02:41 AM

Great job in the father department, Pat!
Posted by: air leak

Re: My Kids Rule... - 07/30/10 07:45 AM

beerchug applause

Congrats on a job well done.
Posted by: Louie-Louie

Re: My Kids Rule... - 08/01/10 10:24 PM

Congrats Pat but when the grandkids start coming those guys will take a backseat believe me.
Posted by: Angler Tangler

Re: My Kids Rule... - 08/02/10 01:45 AM

Thats everything I could hope for my young boys...you should be very proud!
Posted by: SoundsFishy

Re: My Kids Rule... - 08/02/10 05:49 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul D.
Congrads Pat, you should be very proud applause.

Tell Dan to take his E-1 test as soon as he is eligible in 2 years. Things are really hopping right now. The money can be fantastic.

Uhhh Paul....Master Sgt. in the USAF is an E7 exam...or are you talkin Electrons?

and i only have one son....he sold crack in Bridgeport for three years...made 1.2M$ & retired in Nantucket...bless his soul.

I'm certain you understand why I dont post a photo then....

Just joshin ya Pat...after what you've been thru you outta feel proud....kewl stuff and best of luck to them despite you
Posted by: Jeremiah G

Re: My Kids Rule... - 08/02/10 07:55 PM

Good job Mr. Tackleman...

I am up for adoption...
Posted by: Kbova

Re: My Kids Rule... - 08/03/10 12:22 AM

congrats Pat, they boys are doing great.
I hope my 3 boys turn out 1/2 as good as them
Posted by: Crazy Ivan

Re: My Kids Rule... - 08/04/10 11:19 PM

Quote:
The best part is he's gonna make me a grandfather sometime in January 2011 so I'll soon have another young life to corrupt!!

Too funny Pat. You have a couple of great kids!