DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry

Posted by: Tall 1

DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/20/10 11:35 PM

On the way home from Coventry Lake tonight my wife and I ran into a multi town DUI check point on RT44 in front of Highland Park Market.
Cruisers from Enfield, Windsor,Manchester and Coventry.
Looked like they were there for the night.

Just thought I'd pass it along.
Posted by: Trooper_Bri

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/21/10 12:15 AM

I would totally pay $$ to see the look on the face of the approaching officer in this scenario:

Officer: "Sir, have you had anything to drink tonight?"

Tall 1: (in his loudest and deepest voice) "FI FI FO FUM! I just drank a bottle of RUM!"

headbanger1

I left Kapt's one night (had 2 beers) and drove home through South Windsor, and into Ellington. They both had checkpoints that night, and I got to perform twice! They could have at least radioed SW and verified my claim to save us both time. Oh well..

Posted by: Tall 1

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/21/10 10:13 AM

biggrin
Posted by: Channel Matt

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/21/10 08:44 PM

They'd need at least 3 sets of handcuffs if they were gonna take him in ! Just for the "wingspan" alone. smile1
Posted by: cooper bug

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/21/10 11:06 PM

I've been thru a dozen of them on the way home from work ,since last yr. Sometimes they( the police) just look at the scrubs and don't even bother asking any questions. Good for me! I can load up for fishing for early morning!!
Posted by: finn-addic

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/22/10 10:42 AM

A friend went through it on the way home from work. Said a bunch of cars on the side of the road. Hopefully someday people will learn. I learned to let my wife drive home or just stay home biggrin
Posted by: Michael-SW CT

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/22/10 09:18 PM

Bridgeport Police were busy on parts of upper Main Street yesterday evening and last night. Saw a few people get pulled over while I was out. There's been lots of partying going on around the area recently and have heard reports of fights at bars and nightclubs between customers and customers and owners.
Posted by: Bass Ackwards

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/22/10 09:31 PM

Last weekend I passed one getting set up on my way to the Legion Hall in East Haddam. Everybody there knew they were out and knew where not to go when they left. My son got totally loaded and I had to make sure he wasn't driving before I left. It was my kids stag party. I got stopped when I left but I wasn't drinking....too much. biggrin
Posted by: thevinman

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/22/10 10:39 PM

IMHO, I hope they catch and lock up as many as these stupid drunk douche a$$es as possible...
Posted by: John from Madison CT

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/22/10 11:25 PM

We need a few of those BUI checkpoints to stop drunk boaters too.......................(under no circumstances am I refering to one particular popular CTF member) drama stirthepot bump

Posted by: Barn1

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/24/10 10:45 AM

Looks to me like the cap is on that bottle...
Posted by: jonh

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/24/10 10:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Barn1
Looks to me like the cap is on that bottle...

Typical for JFM, he was too drunk to notice. It is amazing that he was even able to stand up!
Posted by: zzzzzzzzzzz

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/24/10 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By: thevinman
IMHO, I hope they catch and lock up as many as these stupid drunk douche a$$es as possible...

I second that!!!

Lets not warn people where these check points are. The worst thing you can do for a drunk driver is to let them continue driving around drunk.

After they kill someone or hurt themselves then the will realize that they would have been better off getting caught by the police.. Because, guess what? if you hurt someone else.(or yourself) you're getting pinched for a DUI anyway.. So you may as well get pinched before you hurt somone.
Posted by: Trooper_Bri

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/24/10 09:36 PM

I agree.
Here's a dashcam of me evading a checkpoint after more than 2 beers at Kapt's. No worries, it looked worse than it really was. The car buffed right out.

Posted by: Crazy Ivan

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/24/10 11:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Trooper Bri
I agree.
Here's a dashcam of me evading a checkpoint after more than 2 beers at Kapt's. No worries, it looked worse than it really was. The car buffed right out.

Wow.......

Designated driver! Safe-rides! Taxi!
Posted by: carlynewlondon

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/25/10 12:53 AM

That had to leave a mark!
Posted by: Tac

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/25/10 01:59 AM

That was downright impressive. He had to be 15 feet up.
Posted by: OHMYGOD

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/25/10 02:00 AM

Quote:
I would totally pay $$ to see the look on the face of the approaching officer in this scenario:

Officer: "Sir, have you had anything to drink tonight?"

Tall 1: (in his loudest and deepest voice) "FI FI FO FUM! I just drank a bottle of RUM!"

You my friend, get the WiseAss of the year award. applause beerchug
I'm sitting here cracking up, because I do have a visual of this
scenario running through my head. smile1 bow2
Posted by: Michael-SW CT

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/25/10 02:37 AM

Where did the driver land?
Posted by: Bob Bradley

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/25/10 12:55 PM

Office, honester, I'm not under the affluence of incohol! Besides, nobody was driving anyway. We wuz all in the back seat singing.
Posted by: Tmack9200

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/25/10 02:32 PM

The highschool in my town sends out notices to all the kids and parents what day the state police drug dogs will be searching lockers and they still grab several kids everytime for drugs!!!!
Posted by: bk

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/25/10 02:48 PM

When I use to tow my boat to Norwalk late at night all the time I would go thru check points in Richfield, Wilton and Norwalk. Never did I get stopped and talked to. If you go out drinking just tow your boat they will get out of the way and wave you right thru. bump
Posted by: finn-addic

Re: DUI Checkpoint Tonight RT 44 Coventry - 08/25/10 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Tmack9200
The highschool in my town sends out notices to all the kids and parents what day the state police drug dogs will be searching lockers and they still grab several kids everytime for drugs!!!!

They aren't the sharpest pencils in the pencil box