Collection for Channel Matt's family

Posted by: Blaine

Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/02/11 04:21 PM

I just got off the phone with Mitch and it was decided that we should start a separate thread to keep this from getting lost in the great tribute thread already going. As was stated in the original thread, we are taking up a collection for Matt Scoell's family... The CTF family has come through for some great causes in the past, here's another chance to show what a great bunch of people we have here.

CTO is taking cash, checks and credit cards over the phone if you wish... Checks should be made out to CT Outfitters. We'll then make the donation check "from his friends at CTFisherman.com".

If you'd like to drop something in the mail, it can be sent to:
Connecticut Outfitters
512 Silas Deane Hwy
Wethersfield, CT 06106

If it's easier to call with a card, we're at 860-571-8986

Thanks everyone!

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/02/11 04:22 PM

I'll start if off with $50...
Posted by: Tall 1

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/02/11 04:38 PM

$50.00 here. I'll call you in a minute with a credit card.
Posted by: gboutdoors

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/02/11 04:46 PM

CT Outfitters/ gboutdoors putting $100 in the fund today.
Posted by: MikeG

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/02/11 06:29 PM

I am in for $25. That was easy ,Thanks Blaine.

and thanks to CTO for setting this up.
Posted by: MOONSHINER

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/02/11 09:07 PM

Okay I DO NOT want to be a DICK but who is going to get the money from this collection ? You said his family , Does this mean his daughter If that is the case I am ALL FOR IT Just as long as his X WIFE does not see a penny of it .Like I said sorry for asking but I think everyone needs to know Thanks Bill
Posted by: bbed10

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/02/11 09:14 PM

Im in and will try to stop by the shop tomorrow. Didn't have time to swing by today.
Posted by: OHMYGOD

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/02/11 09:18 PM

Your not being a Dick Bill.

Put me in for $50.00.
Posted by: CWood Man

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/02/11 09:30 PM

Bill actually just beat me to the punch! I remember the thread where his wife left him and he was real upset. I would also like details and know where the $$$ is going, meaning not to the inlaws or his ex. I am in but would just like a clarification please.
Posted by: Joe.G

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/02/11 10:26 PM

I am in for 100$ and I think its a reasonable question Bill however delicate the situation....God bless
Posted by: KeyWest Glenn

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/02/11 11:00 PM

I'm posting here to clarify something.
I was part of Matt's life beyond fishing. I met his wife and daughter way before "the bomb dropped". There were personal/family reasons why they split. I'm not going into detail because that info is "personal". Sally (the ex) is not a heartless b!tch that just decided one day to leave Matt. Marriage is something that requires an equal balance of many things within a family and something was missing in this one. Alot of us knew Channel Matt but only some knew Matt, Sally, and Katrina Shoell. Just my 2 cents.
Posted by: Trooper_Bri

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/02/11 11:06 PM

If you don't mind me asking Glenn, what is the Katrina Fund?

I did get Sally in contact with the correct Brian today concerning the that fund, but since I see a contribution thread (and questions), maybe this would be a direction to go if possible.
Posted by: Amy

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/03/11 03:17 AM

Originally Posted By: KeyWest Glenn
I'm posting here to clarify something.
I was part of Matt's life beyond fishing. I met his wife and daughter way before "the bomb dropped". There were personal/family reasons why they split. I'm not going into detail because that info is "personal". Sally (the ex) is not a heartless b!tch that just decided one day to leave Matt. Marriage is something that requires an equal balance of many things within a family and something was missing in this one. Alot of us knew Channel Matt but only some knew Matt, Sally, and Katrina Shoell. Just my 2 cents.

ditto.
Please, please guys...don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad, but we all know relationships are so complex. Situations change for reasons that we sometimes wish we had the answer for or the vision to see.
Matt and Sally remained amicable. They are both GREAT people,and nobody is perfect.

Both Sally and Katrina are going through a very difficult time right now. Katrina has not accepted this yet and hoping it is not real. Sally is remembering Matt, her fairytale prince from years ago when she felt they had it all. It is difficult and complex.

If it makes people feel better, Trooper Bri made a good suggestion to direct donations to "Katrina Fund" of sorts.
Please out of respect for the family, help to heal their pain during this difficult time and soften the tone.

FYI...
So far, no apparent cause of death. Further tests being done.

Matt's family is now thinking of cremation and "Celebration of Life" when his parents can return from FL in July.

Paul and I would like to try to coordinate a Titt's Island memorial fishing event. Date to be determined, will need another thread and keep you posted with more info.

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/03/11 08:46 AM

Well written, Glenn & Amy. Thanks.
We (CT O)will ensure that Katrina, Matt's daughter, will be the beneficiary of any donated funds, whether it be an education fund, investment or whatever. We will talk with the guy (BB) who Matt was already working with on just these such issues. Of course, any person can just make a direct donation from yourself to Katrina or wherever you choose. We are just trying to help the process along. I will of course update all contributors via CTF the total amount collected and where it eventually goes. Hope this helps clarify. Peace-gb
Posted by: Greg S.

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/03/11 10:19 AM

I'll call in a few

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/03/11 10:20 AM

Thanks Greg S. for your generosity. Peace-gb
Posted by: OHMYGOD

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/03/11 10:24 AM

Well put Glenn and Amy, we have to think of Katrina, she is the most
important person of all.

She lost her Dad, and now we know she is not taking this well.

Be gentle with the posts, she may be reading these, and Lord knows
We don't want to cause her any more undo pain.
Posted by: Jack

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/03/11 10:30 AM

Thanks Gary and cto for taking this on. I'll call you guys this morning. Katrina doesn't deserve losing her dad soo early in life.
Posted by: CWood Man

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/03/11 12:00 PM

Called it in just now, thanks Gary!

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/03/11 12:37 PM

Thanks to C-Wood man.

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/03/11 01:26 PM

Thanks Amy, and you too Jaque Du laque..

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/03/11 02:19 PM

Good talking to you Riptide! Thanks for the call.
Posted by: Amy

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/03/11 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: gboutdoors
Thanks Amy, and you too Jaque Du laque..

$100 donated, THANK YOU so much for organizing this, you guys are awesome! smile1
Posted by: edaves

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/03/11 07:20 PM

I had no contact with Matt but going by what's being said he seemed to be a great guy so I called and made a donation.
Posted by: MikeG

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/03/11 07:25 PM

CTF : you did not have to know Matt to contribute. Matt was part of what makes this site worth visiting everyday. His reports and pics where a big part of this site. So to give a little something back should not be to hard,even if you did not know Matt personally,throw a little something in.

Just imagine if it was you who passed............
Posted by: CAPT. HOOP

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/06/11 09:06 AM

Ironic I would be donating to a "Katrina" fund but Our Freedom Charters (Jo-Ann and I) are donating $100.00. Check has been made out and is going out today.
Posted by: PDona

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/06/11 12:01 PM

I'll be working on getting $50.00 to the fund..

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/06/11 07:49 PM

Just met Matt's father here at the shop... He is very appreciative of everyone here on CTF. smile1
Posted by: James Dean

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/06/11 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By: edaves
I had no contact with Matt but going by what's being said he seemed to be a great guy so I called and made a donation.

X2

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/09/11 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: CAPT. HOOP
Ironic I would be donating to a "Katrina" fund but Our Freedom Charters (Jo-Ann and I) are donating $100.00. Check has been made out and is going out today.

Got the check today Hoop... THANKS! bowdown

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/15/11 01:43 PM

Thanks to everyone who made donatipons through CT Outfitters. We will be closing off receiving donations FRIDAY, JUne 17th at close of business. We will then be writning one check to the fund that has been set up (AKA Katrina fund). ANy last minute additions I am sure would be appreciated no matter the size. Thanks everyone-gb

Re: Collection for Channel Matt's family - 06/21/11 08:36 PM

Your donations helped us write a check to the Katrina Shoell fund for $1380. The following persons donated:
In no particular order;
KW Glenn
Richard Conway of CT O
Mark "Marko" oszurek
Mark "journey" Makoid
Alison
Brian Bednarz
Ryan Roth
Ed davies
Scott Hare
Jack Dulac
Chris "C WOod Man" Partelow
Greg Simard
GB Outdoors & CT O
Tall One
Josh JBEllfish of CT O
Mike G
Amy Portunicki
Captain Blaine Anderson of CTO/FishingCT/ANderson Guide Service
Anonymous
Paul Groshek
Brian "brother Brian" Decarla
James Dean
Captain Hoop
George Buck
Anonymous
Roxanne "oh my god" Davis
Steve "Steve76" Ackerman

Rest in Peace, Matt, and live in the memories of your good friends.