ctfisherman.com logo
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#1721361 - 07/28/17 11:30 AM Re: Notice of Intent to amend Inland Sport Fishing Regulations and establish trout & salmon stamps, and hold Public Hearing [Re: Mitch P.]
trout tracker Offline

Loc: Terryville
Bill, kokanee falls under the trout stamp. he salmon stamp is for atlantic salmon. The confusing part for me is rivers and streams are called Trout Management Areas and Wild trout Management Areas but lakes and ponds are called Trout Management Lakes. No mention of a stamp for the Trout Management Lakes. But the kicker is that you need a stamp to posess trout or kokanee.

Edited by trout tracker (07/28/17 11:44 AM)
Fishing Info
#1721387 - 07/28/17 04:31 PM Re: Notice of Intent to amend Inland Sport Fishing Regulations and establish trout & salmon stamps, and hold Public Hearing [Re: Mitch P.]
RIPIN LIPZ Offline

Good comments - please, please please take the time to comment where the rubber hits the road - on the state eRegulations System. This is the link for public comment: https://eregulations.ct.gov/eRegsPortal/Search/RMRView/PR2017-010 - then you click on Comment Now. If you haven't already, you will need to register, but it's a 30 second deal.

My two cents - if you complain here but don't complain on the regulation website, you're a whiner not a doer. Do something about it and comment - hopefully opposed to the trout and salmon stamp.

I did

It's getting late, I'm tired... SHUT UP AND FISH!
#1721396 - 07/28/17 06:26 PM Re: Notice of Intent to amend Inland Sport Fishing Regulations and establish trout & salmon stamps, and hold Public Hearing [Re: Mitch P.]
Steely Dan Offline

Before I write my written response I did some research into what Rhode Island does. Heaven forbid if we implement this we don't follow an existing model.

BTW theirs is $5.50. Their regs are below which answers some questions. So it’s clear you would have to have a trout stamp to fish the catch and release part of the Farmington, etc. It’s only if you plan on keeping any in other waters. It' still going to be really hard to enforce. I can't see CT going back to having to display something - but otherwise how do you know. Look at our pheasant tags - now that they don't give you tags that's really a pheasant stamp. You wouldn't need one for Colebrook or Congamond under these rules.

RI Trout Conservation Stamp
1. A Trout Conservation Stamp is required of any person wishing to keep or possess a trout, salmon, or charr caught in Rhode Island waters or to fish in a “catch & release” or in a “fly fishing only” area.
2. A Trout Conservation Stamp can be obtained from any city or town clerk’s office or from authorized agents such as bait and tackle shops and some retail department stores.
3. The Trout Conservation Stamp must be worn so that it is visible and must be shown upon request.
4. The Trout Conservation Stamp expires on the last day of February annually.
5. A Trout Conservation Stamp is NOT required of the following:
1. Minors younger than fifteen (15) years of age.
2. Any resident over 65 years of age.
3. Any person with a 100% disability.
4. Landowners or members of their families when fishing from property on which they are actually domiciled.
5. Any person possessing trout taken from a lake or pond which shares a border with a neighboring state.
6. Any person possessing privately-owned trout caught in privately-owned ponds.
#1721595 - 07/31/17 02:11 PM Re: Notice of Intent to amend Inland Sport Fishing Regulations and establish trout & salmon stamps, and hold Public Hearing [Re: Mitch P.]
MikeDero Offline

Good things come to those who bait

Loc: Plainville CT
And Here I thought that the FLorida Regs are nuts. thank god I gave up this type of fishing lol
#1721597 - 07/31/17 02:30 PM Re: Notice of Intent to amend Inland Sport Fishing Regulations and establish trout & salmon stamps, and hold Public Hearing [Re: Mitch P.]
Don P Offline

Loc: CLINTON, CT
Pretty soon CT DEEP will be having us buy stamps to catch Searobins & Sandsharks!
#1721600 - 07/31/17 02:39 PM Re: Notice of Intent to amend Inland Sport Fishing Regulations and establish trout & salmon stamps, and hold Public Hearing [Re: Don P]
MikeDero Offline

Good things come to those who bait

Loc: Plainville CT
Originally Posted By: Don P
Pretty soon CT DEEP will be having us buy stamps to catch Searobins & Sandsharks!

Pretty much about it left to catch LOL
#1722646 - 08/09/17 04:32 PM Re: Notice of Intent to amend Inland Sport Fishing Regulations and establish trout & salmon stamps, and hold Public Hearing [Re: Mitch P.]
Bob Bradley Offline

I'd rather have a trout stamp than a stout tramp.

I've got gas and I've got crabs. You wanna go out?

"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.� - Ronald Reagan

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
#1722738 - 08/10/17 02:56 PM Re: Notice of Intent to amend Inland Sport Fishing Regulations and establish trout & salmon stamps, and hold Public Hearing [Re: Bob Bradley]
swwind Offline

Originally Posted By: Bob Bradley

I've HAD a frail tramp and it wasn't half bad. Don't know how a stout one would be, but tramps are never that bad.

Just sayin . . . .

""Happy Talk" . . . . . Because it has worked so well thus far"

"It is not necessary to change; survival is not mandatory" - Edward Deming

"Unless we start to focus everything on this, our targets will soon be out of reach" - Greta Thunberg January 2020

"I spent most of my dough on booze, broads and boats and the rest I wasted" - Elmore Leonard.

Team Man Made Climate Change is Real.

"Such change demands on our part a serious and responsible recognition not only of the kind of world we may be leaving to our children, but also to the millions of people living under a system which has overlooked them" - Pope Francis September 2015
#1722743 - 08/10/17 04:37 PM Re: Notice of Intent to amend Inland Sport Fishing Regulations and establish trout & salmon stamps, and hold Public Hearing [Re: swwind]
Bob Bradley Offline

Originally Posted By: swwind
Originally Posted By: Bob Bradley

I've HAD a frail tramp and it wasn't half bad. Don't know how a stout one would be, but tramps are never that bad.

Just sayin . . . .

I don't think she's that frail.

Just sayin . . . . . .

I've got gas and I've got crabs. You wanna go out?

"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.� - Ronald Reagan

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics