ctfisherman.com logo
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#720252 - 11/06/02 09:42 PM Winnie derby!
Poppa Offline

Hi everyone my name is Dave and I found this site via another ice fishing site. I no longer live in CT but I still go there often to see family and to fish " not neccisarily in that order",
Anyway I discovered the winnie derby in NH 2 years ago and hope to keep going every year! Does anyone know of decent lodging in the area? the place I found last year would make you sick. I'm not looking for luxury, but clean and warm are a must!
thanx
Fishing Info
#720253 - 11/06/02 11:55 PM Re: Winnie derby!
Kapt Offline

Hey Poppa...I remember your name from the other site. Welcome to ctfisherman...great bunch of guy's here.

I have heard lot's about the Winnie tourney over the years but it was always second hand info. It sounds like a great event and I hope others can post a response here with their experiences with it.

Welcome aboard..Kapt

ctfisherman.com...often imitated, never duplicated

T-Mans Custom Tackle - maker of the famous T-man Tubes
www.tmancustomtackle.com
#720254 - 11/17/02 10:52 PM Re: Winnie derby!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Try the Margate, I've gone there in july with the family.it's in the bay (paugus I think) on the back side of wiers beach. The bait shop is down the street. $150 beach front a nite during the peak summer,Heated pool,hot tub ,sauna.Very clean.give them a call at 1800margate for a winter rate.
#720255 - 11/18/02 01:06 AM Re: Winnie derby!
striperbeaver Offline

Great place for fishing parents have a cottage in gilford been fishing lake for 25 years try B.maes
in gilford or silver sands both in saunders bay and lots of lakers hang out in bay. Please dont take salmon out of ice. Great place for in springand summer

Todd
#720256 - 11/18/02 09:49 AM Re: Winnie derby!
Kapt Offline

Welcome aboard and thanks for the info guy's.

Anyone else have any experience with this derby? Timeframe,entry fee's,species,lodging etc? Lets here some of your experiences.

ctfisherman.com...often imitated, never duplicated

T-Mans Custom Tackle - maker of the famous T-man Tubes
www.tmancustomtackle.com
#720257 - 11/18/02 10:02 AM Re: Winnie derby!
SunganaBeach Offline
's&[ng]-�-n& 'bEch

Are you talking about the "Great Winnipesaukee Ice Fishing Derby"? That's the one that made me give up on ice fishing for good! I froze my a$$ off and spent my last dollar buying long underwear. Then we had about 8 guys sleeping in a 2 bed motel room. When I got home, I packed up all my tip ups, auger, ice scoop and any other paraphernalia and gave it all to my buddy Steve. I never went ice fishing again!

Sungana Beach CH.68

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics